Hydro RDWC - Dr. Krippling's Puff Puff Passout - Advanced LED 350 XML

Steppastyle,

have you grown any of the other Dr. Kripplings seeds? I have a good bit of the Kripple Shock that the Gorilla Seed Bank gave me. I am thinking about growing them or some Purple Kush from Crop King. I can not decide but would love to know what you think if you have grown them.

I have only grown just this strain. Used to grow the Matanuska way back in the day and was turned onto to this cross.

I did not see the blues last grow but it was a pretty warm December. It is cold now, so they should show some color if they are prone to that.

For the last week of flowering I let the tent get down to the mid 50ºF during the lights out time. And for the last 48 hours I let the girls sit in complete darkness with temps hanging around 54ºF the whole time.

Check this out...

IMG_1907_zpsxk8vnegp.jpg

For the last week of flowering I let the tent get down to the mid 50ºF during the lights out time. And for the last 48 hours I let the girls sit in complete darkness with temps hanging around 54ºF the whole time.

Check this out...

IMG_1907_zpsxk8vnegp.jpg

I would love to produce something like that from my PPP. That is some nice looking bud! :) Those nugs look pretty solid as well.

Doh its Bassman59 and listed in Renegades SIG lol :)

Thanks LA. I have read Bassman59's thread on defol. I was doing that in veg on these. I agree with him about helping the plants to bush and grow with vigor. It really does make the plant grow. I am a little nervous about doing it in flower. I was planning on doing a pretty major defol at the end of stretch only on big fans that were shadowing bud sites below. I may get in there and do it as heavy as he says to. I do not doubt that his claims of more and bigger bud, it is just after watching JoJo's it made me nervous.

Defoliation can make or break friendships it seems.

I think some people after seeing an aggressive defol just want to shake their head and slowly leave the room and never come back.

Defoliation is for indoor people that don't have 1000W HPS. It should only be done BEFORE the flower time and not during. I think a 500W real draw LED lamp could replace a 1K hps.

I defoliated again for a flux and that was the last time. Now they are growing a little bit before I "flip the switch" to 12/12

Vlad

Defoliation can make or break friendships it seems.

I think some people after seeing an aggressive defol just want to shake their head and slowly leave the room and never come back.

Defoliation is for indoor people that don't have 1000W HPS. It should only be done BEFORE the flower time and not during. I think a 500W real draw LED lamp could replace a 1K hps.

I defoliated again for a flux and that was the last time. Now they are growing a little bit before I "flip the switch" to 12/12

Vlad

I have defoled a few plants right after stretch in flower.. I have had issue's each time. May not be related as I always seem to want to blame it on another issue but it could be related. I think in the future i will only defol in Veg or early flower. Late in flower just hasnt worked out for me.

Just my two bits

FE

Exactly Comrade,

I will probably never trim anything again once 12/12 is under way.
The plant just doesn't want to veg anymore after the stretch so defoliation is like shooting yourself in the foot at that point..

I hope my Flux works out so I can lose my title of "Royal Noob" this year.

Vlad

Exactly Comrade,

I will probably never trim anything again once 12/12 is under way.
The plant just doesn't want to veg anymore after the stretch so defoliation is like shooting yourself in the foot at that point..

I hope my Flux works out so I can lose my title of "Royal Noob" this year.

Vlad

No Royal Noob Vlad. You are the Vlad the Royal Noob "Hero of the noobs!" You test shit we are all to scared too!
Thank you for your dedication to research! We are all in your debt!

FE

Where the F is Bama? Get your ass back in the game dude!

ok...soooo
I have been gone for a bit. sorry about that and thank you to everyone that has been following. I do not have the pics uploaded yet but some are coming. Tomorrow will be day 21 since the flip. I am doing the whole defol and bending that LA was suggesting to keep canopy even. It looks really extreme but I tell you that the plants have recovered everytime with some impressive growth. So I will be finishing the defol tomorrow or friday. it is a big task.

the canopy is not as even as I would like by a long shot. but when you compare the pics of this one with the pics of the last one, it is a lot more even. the whole point of this is to stop all of the popcorn bud and make nugs out of most of the sites. I have flowers in all of the tops and the nodes. So lots of bud gonna be in this grow. Hopefully the cold temps during lights out will help bring out the colors in it like the other guys pics showed. That would be super cool.

Anyway, I have forgotten how much water they use during the stretch. I have been giving them about 5 gallons a day. Pretty freaking unreal. Also I have not burned them or had a cal/mag def in a long time. so that is all great news. We will see what happens this weekend. So to recap, we are at the end of three weeks out of a 10 week flower. The buds are small and just taking hold in the bud sites. Stretch is almost done.

I will post pics tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for checking in....I really appreciate you guys. :)

ok...soooo
I have been gone for a bit. sorry about that and thank you to everyone that has been following. I do not have the pics uploaded yet but some are coming. Tomorrow will be day 21 since the flip. I am doing the whole defol and bending that LA was suggesting to keep canopy even. It looks really extreme but I tell you that the plants have recovered everytime with some impressive growth. So I will be finishing the defol tomorrow or friday. it is a big task.

the canopy is not as even as I would like by a long shot. but when you compare the pics of this one with the pics of the last one, it is a lot more even. the whole point of this is to stop all of the popcorn bud and make nugs out of most of the sites. I have flowers in all of the tops and the nodes. So lots of bud gonna be in this grow. Hopefully the cold temps during lights out will help bring out the colors in it like the other guys pics showed. That would be super cool.

Anyway, I have forgotten how much water they use during the stretch. I have been giving them about 5 gallons a day. Pretty freaking unreal. Also I have not burned them or had a cal/mag def in a long time. so that is all great news. We will see what happens this weekend. So to recap, we are at the end of three weeks out of a 10 week flower. The buds are small and just taking hold in the bud sites. Stretch is almost done.

I will post pics tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for checking in....I really appreciate you guys. :)

Glad everything is ok. I of all people certainly get it. Glad all is well and keep up the good work bama!

Thank you LA and FE and Mr. Vlad

ok so here are the pics.....I did not sort them. there are some before and after pics just to show that I did in fact take leaves....LOL. There are lots of leaves. The practice of this training as I understand it, is to remove leaves with stems that are over an inch long. You are not allowed to remove any top leaves. If it is a top leaf leave it alone! but for the lower nodes, take any of the big fan leaves. This allows, of course, the light to get further down into the interior. Thus the shaded bud sites recieve light. I have seen this called lolipoping. However the technic that I am using also calls for the plant to be cropped as well. This means that you bend and pinch the stems and branches, lay them down horizontally, in the light foot print or thinly populated space. This allows the bud sites 6+ inches below the canopy to get direct sunlight as well. So with removing big fan leaves from the top down into the interior, and laying over the branches and stems that are rocking up to the top, you are getting light to the interior of the plant that would otherwise never get any unless you add light strips or bottom lights to the space.

The journal I read said that basically you want a 3 cubic feet space of plant. That was what was effecient for the lights that he was using. This was also 3 years ago that he wrote that journal. I am close to the 3 cubic foot volume but not exact. (Practice will make perfect). The reason he saw such a nice increase in yield using these techs is that all of that popcorn actually dried out to become nugs. This theory makes a lot of since to me. My last grow, I had 54 colas in my canopy. They gave me nearly all of my yeild ~80% i would say. I had loads and loads of baby nugs and popcorn. This was missed oppertunity. I do not have a bunch of supplemental lighting nor do I have an electrical circuit that could handle the draw of supplemental lights in this space. So all that popcorn bud was lost potential. Not very effecient.

So looking around for a way to improve on my last grow, was what LA does. Fluxing. So I started that early in veg. Then LA turned me onto the current training method I am using. It is a pretty advanced method. It invlolves training early in veg all the way through to flushing. It invlolves defoling multiple times in veg and flower. You also have to have your grow dialed in. Espicially in flower. This is only my second time out, but with your help guys and my own ocd, I think I can get this down. LOL,,,,yes, I am that cocky....lol

The last thing about this method is that you are doing a defol about every 20 days. So this will happen again at the 40 day mark. If you get a fan leaf that just blows up and is shadowing another site or 3, then pull it. Don't wait. I want huge colas, and this way will produce big ones, but mostly I want all of those popcorn buds to get to be proper nugs as well. lol

So now for the pics. All comments are welcome. Thanks again guys.
2016-01-01_16_04_55.jpg
2016-01-14_16_46_48.jpg
2016-01-14_16_46_54.jpg
2016-01-14_16_46_58.jpg
2016-01-14_16_47_05.jpg
2016-01-14_16_47_13.jpg
2016-01-14_16_47_22.jpg
2016-01-14_16_47_27.jpg
2016-01-14_16_47_35.jpg

That is cool. JoJo should also have entered. His PK looked so damn good. I have those seeds and have 4 of them in a glass. Lol coincidence. Only half my clones made it to root so I am going to do a PPP and PK grow after this one. :)

Back
Top Bottom