Spitz Tries Purple Haze - Maui Waui - Panama & Wild Thai Under XML 650

Those Afghani are going to love it when they are transplanted into a bigger pot, I bet their roots are a tangled mess. That Haze stem is crazy! So ugly lol!

Those Afghani are going to love it when they are transplanted into a bigger pot, I bet their roots are a tangled mess. That Haze stem is crazy! So ugly lol!

Those afghans will spend their entire lives in solo cup. I have no expectations of winning, but there is a solo cup challange and thought I'd give it a shot. Link below..

Solo Cup Comp - Bring It!

Went in to water this morning and I noticed some "canoeing" on the PH leaves. I think it's from light intensity as it was near the top. Inspection of the MW showed some nutrient burn on the leaf tips. I think this is because she drinks her entire pot of water daily and is dry by morning when I water her again. i have the lights timed in such a way that I only see them once per day. The tent needed a cleaning anyway so I pulled them both out and ran a couple gallons of tap water through each. Initial runoff was 1150ppm so not too bad. I think it's around 800ppm going in on normal water sessions. I haven't been running enough waste to "reset" their pots everyday because I haven't set up a runoff sump system yet. Probably won't happen now either because they are too damn tall! Can't wait too harvest these 2 and dial back the system a bit. I did do some more pruning before putting them back in. A shot of the Maui and then one of the tent. See y'all for another update next weekend. I hope to have some sort of auto watering system up by then as we'll be out of town for a week in the end of Feb. who knows, I may just cut everything down and start over... Lol. Peace!!

image35984.jpg
image35985.jpg

Edit..
The Wild Thai is in the very front of the tent on a 5G pot booster seat. I pulled the Panama and just put a cover over her pot for the Wild Thai to sit on. i think part of my problem with the dirt girls is my soil was too dry after sitting in the garage for 6 months. We'll see if this pot "recharges" at all.

Oooh! 4 sentences? That seems extreme.
But we can hope!

Ha.. No kidding. Hun was into the Autoberry last night. Yep, she loves it. It's been in a jar for 4 months now and should be prime for consumption. Stinks when it burns as much as it stinks when it grows! Lol

Update time: I think it's end of week 3 flower for the big girls and week 1 flower for the Thai. I'll start by saying they didn't get much attention this week. It's been hectic all over. I hand water the 2 big ones once a day (coco) early at lights on and don't see them again until the beginning of their cycle. They are in 3G growing pots (so about 2G of volume) and are drinking about 90 oz of water each day. The have the humidity in the tent up to 60 lights on to 70 lights off. Anyway... Here they are:

First up is the Wild Thai. I like her!! She is the only plant in soil. By far the lowest maintenance lady we have. She looks pretty darn happy!

image36067.jpg

Next up is the Maui Waui. I love her scent. A combination of fruit and pine with a touch of BO. Flowers have set and are growing very well now. If she can stay alive, she's going to be a great harvest. She has shown some burning at her tips and what I think is a calcium deficiency on a few leafs. I have been feeding the AN coco line at about 75% strength (800 ppm). I did add about 2ml/G of CaMg to her 5G feed pail this week. We'll see if it helps.

image36068.jpg

The Purple Haze has me scratching my head. I've never seen anything flower like this. Now, I've only got a handful of plants under my belt, but, this is odd. I'm really hoping it's because it's a 15 week strain. I was expecting 8 weeks to flower and 7 weeks to ripen. At this rate, she might be ready by Christmas. She is huge (at least relative to my parameters). She is under strong consideration for the axe and filed under "lesson learned".

image36069.jpg
image36070.jpg

A parting shot of the tent. I've got about 72hrs to figure out some sort of auto feed system or neither of the big girls will make it. I've got the pump, timer, tubing, fittings, and halos... I just haven't had an opportunity to hook up and dial in a system. Hope y'all have a terrific weekend. Peace!!!

image36071.jpg

Oh.. You can see the solo cup plants in that last picture. I do believe I have 1 male.. Praying for a 2nd male. Lol

Those 14 week sativas sure are crazy indoor growing candidates!
They look healthy comrade, I too want to grow out a sativa like that.
I have an acapulco gold but my pheno seems to have a little indica in her and probably won't last until 10 weeks.

Vlad:bongrip:

What happens in 72 hours?

They need to be on autopilot for about a week. Me and momma are both headed out of town. Managed to get a 6" halo around the Haze. Will get the auto feed plumbed in today and try a 1 minute water cycle in the morning. I don't have room for a sump reservoir so I've got to get it pretty close to exact on each plant volume (I don't feel like flooding the house). I should be able to figure this out.

Edit: the plumbing is all hooked up. 1/2" line T'd at the base of the pots. 1/2" ball valve on the main line and 1/2" ball valve on each bucket side of the T. I have exactly 2 practice sessions to figure this out. Wish me luck!

My solo cup watering system pump was on and sucking air in an empty bucket when I got home this week. I had it set to come on just once mid-week, at 8:30 pm Wednesday night. And set to turn off at 8:31 pm on.... Tuesday night. :oops:
:rofl:

My solo cup watering system pump was on and sucking air in an empty bucket when I got home this week. I had it set to come on just once mid-week, at 8:30 pm Wednesday night. And set to turn off at 8:31 pm on.... Tuesday night. :oops:

My seedling got smashed by my wife doing the laundry, but it still lives. My wife is okay too :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey it was only a solo cup worth of coco so not a big mess...

Vlad:bongrip:

Thanks for posting this. I dug out the controller and it appears the default setting has the "security" option that allows the timer to run for an additional 1 to 30 minutes. I would have never checked if you hadn't posted this.

Good news.. The watering system ran flawless this morning. I had it choked back a little too much with the valves. I should be closer tomorrow.

Bad news.. The water level in my 5G pail is higher than my drip rings. After the water cycle, the rings continued to drip slowly. I need to add a vent line or find a shallower feed reservoir to draw from to counter the siphon action.

A couple more days to figure this out. I think I'll get it!

Haven't seen the girls in 2 days. I "think" I have the watering system figured out. We'll see??? Currently in SOCAL. Beautiful place but a bit busy for me. Can't wait for a Mon/Tues update. Could be good, Could be catastrophic. We'll see. Peace peeps!

Here's what it looked like when I opened up the tent. Sorry for the upside down pic..

image36187.jpg

I estimate 2 days dry as the water supply should have lasted for 3 and it was empty. I just gave them tap water and the lights should be off any second. I'll see what they look like in the morning and figure something out. The purple haze may come down anyway. I might just clone a couple in soil just to keep in small containers in the corners. We'll see what she looks like in the AM! Peace!!

Edit

Amazing plants. After only 10 minutes of hydration, they look immensely better. I'd be surprised if they don't look 100% in the morning. Lights went out before I could snap a pic

Anxiously waiting for the morning picture..........

Thanks for checking in CD...

I cut about half the Purple Haze down. I'm going to cut the other half down after I find time to take a couple of clones. She's too big and too boring to keep. The Maui looks good. A bit of burn on the tips. They've gotten just water today and yesterday. They'll be back on food tomorrow. Here's how they looked this morning. The Maui is growing flowers. The PH is slowly pushing flowers.

image36201.jpg
image36202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom