40 day old Northern Lights Auto: does this look right?

Holy shit! This is the autoflower growth I aim for! So did you top her? How many times, and when? Any other training methods? I don't have my glasses so all I see is a mass of nugs! What an autoflower, wowowowow!

Venom, here she is on Day 8, and Day 9, respectively:

I purchased these seeds from Canuk Seeds in Canada btw, for anyone wondering. My nutrients are the GH Flora trio, plus CaliMagic and GH pH adjusting acid/base. My light is a KIND LED1000w, 650w actual draw. Footprint 5'x5' in a 4'x4' tent. If she keeps stretching I will have to macgyver the light higher. I dropped her down 14 inches on the platform yesterday morning and she's already filled in 7 inches of that space. Explosive growth, like Barney said I really should have been here to train her. Oh well, live and learn.

I cant do anything with her from topping to lst as she's small, for 8 days your plant is bloody beautiful! I'm doing my entire grow with a 600W led and the biobizz range and light mix in 4L airpots, I just watered her 500ML today with 0.5CALMAG

Attachments

• 20190329_131909.jpg
    20190329_131909.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190329_131906.jpg
    20190329_131906.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 102
I meant Barney when I was talking about the topping and training. You talking about 8 days from planting, or 8 days from seed sprouting? My pic is 8 days old once the seed sprouted. I plant directly in coco in a rapid rooter plug with canna rhizotonic and a touch of calmag. Soaked seeds for 8 hours in rhizo water solution

Haha thanks mate. Yeah she's my pride n joy like. Done a few that size but she was the biggest. Was fimmed at 4th true node. Then lst'd flat as a pancake every few days untill mid stretch with heavy defol from week 3. Was only 26" tall when she finished. Done that with 2 cheap shit LEDs aswell. Nowhere near the amount or quality of light you've got.
It's the reservoir does most of the work though to be honest. That's a nutriculture NFT Res she's in. Unlimited oxygen without an air pump cos the majority of the roots grow in fresh air instead of the Res like in Dwc. Makes anything go that size and they veg longer cos the roots have basically unlimited space. Would probably take about 6 or 7 month veg on a photo to be in any danger of filling it before the end. Only big downside of the system is that it's only a 20L Res and they drink about 17litres a day. If the water goes below 2 litres then the recirc pump will blow. Can get bigger versions that should in theory produce bigger plants but they don't fit up my attic hatch. Miss a day and I'm fucked. Hence why I haven't grown one for a while.
The pics upside down for some reason but check out the root mass! The Criss cross bit is what grew In nothing but air.

Attachments

• B1D6B3D1-57EA-4B52-88E9-10DB3A38D102.jpeg
    B1D6B3D1-57EA-4B52-88E9-10DB3A38D102.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 126
It took 2/3 days to germinate and after planting it took around 10 days aa a seedling before showing its first ever true fan leaves and it's 8 days into the earliest of the veg days, ops my bad I thought you was asking me those questions, haha
I meant Barney when I was talking about the topping and training. You talking about 8 days from planting, or 8 days from seed sprouting? My pic is 8 days old once the seed sprouted. I plant directly in coco in a rapid rooter plug with canna rhizotonic and a touch of calmag. Soaked seeds for 8 hours in rhizo water solution

Whoa! Those roots look like fiber lines they're so thick, damn. I will definitely consider training any future autos, as I've always been on the fence. After seeing your success now I have no choice but to give it a go hahaha!

Every set of genes is different venom, even between the same strain. I'm sure you'll wake up to explosive growth very soon, as long as your nutrients and environmental factors are dialed in

I cant do anything with her from topping to lst as she's small, for 8 days your plant is bloody beautiful! I'm doing my entire grow with a 600W led and the biobizz range and light mix in 4L airpots, I just watered her 500ML today with 0.5CALMAG
Interesting seeing the clay pebbles in airpots, how often are you watering like this? I would imagine it’d need to be daily or even multiple times a day?

I put them there to make it look nice for her, I give her 500ML every day or 2 depending how heavy the pot is and I always give it a 10% run off and check the PH levels which is in between 6.0 and 6.6, I've got a fear of over watering her and I tend to give her small amounts when she's this young
Interesting seeing the clay pebbles in airpots, how often are you watering like this? I would imagine it’d need to be daily or even multiple times a day?

I put them there to make it look nice for her, I give her 500ML every day or 2 depending how heavy the pot is and I always give it a 10% run off and check the PH levels which is in between 6.0 and 6.6, I've got a fear of over watering her and I tend to give her small amounts when she's this young
Do you have coco under the pebbles to retain water or am I missing something? Lol. I use the clay pebbles in my undercurrent system and if I lift the net pots water drains out nearly instantly which is why I’m confused lol. Is it just a decorative thing?

I'm using biobizz organic light mix soil, it's for a decorative reason, I've got a DWC growing and I've got a bag full of pebbles which is just sitting around, so I thought hey why not use them :)
Do you have coco under the pebbles to retain water or am I missing something? Lol. I use the clay pebbles in my undercurrent system and if I lift the net pots water drains out nearly instantly which is why I’m confused lol. Is it just a decorative thing?

Hang on a wee second here mate.
I've got my wires crossed somewhere and thought you were in dwc. How the fuck did you do that in a 3 gal fabric pot?!
That's actually amazing mate. How much did the light skin you? It's obviously worth the money. I can't do that in a 3 gal with any of my lights, not by a long shot.
Had some brooklynne sunrise that got that size but only cos they stretched too much. Still only got 4oz each lol.
I can grow big in hydro no problem but Christ I can't get anywhere near that in a 3gal.

I'm using biobizz organic light mix soil, it's for a decorative reason, I've got a DWC growing and I've got a bag full of pebbles which is just sitting around, so I thought hey why not use them :)

I like the touch it gives, Ive never cared for the way soil looked unless it’s in a raised garden bed or something like that. Speaking of which I need to build soo to start my vegetable garden for the year, had nothing last year and it sucked

Ahh ok. Well if I had to guess based on appearance... I'd say she's gonna be a 9 or 10 week plant. I still see lots of green shoots coming out each cola. The phenotype maxes out around 55 inches, and she's already almost maxed my tent! Thanks for the positive feedback, I always heard autos were small and the previous auto ak47 i grew only reached a maximum 34 inches and after 8 weeks she was ready to rock.
I grew out a auto ak47 last summer and she was over 6'5 tall.

Back
Top Bottom