420 Magazine ParfactWorks HB1500 Contest Win Grow Journal

I'd just listen to Shed and get that slurry done. I'm sure she is saveable buddy.

As for the kush. You know I've never heard of tuna kush? Looks like she may have some kind of mix in her, yea? Not straight kush? Remind me again where the seeds came from? It's been so long!

I'd just listen to Shed and get that slurry done. I'm sure she is saveable buddy.

As for the kush. You know I've never heard of tuna kush? Looks like she may have some kind of mix in her, yea? Not straight kush? Remind me again where the seeds came from? It's been so long!
Yeah I plan on taking sheds advice on the slurry test forsure, If he is talking about a ph slurry i need a ph meter before i can attempt it though. Unless he was talking about a tds slurry for ppm reading.

It has the smell of all three and the flavor of og kush mixed with tuna kush. I'd guess that it has pinene and myrcene as 2 of the dominant terps in it from the crazy strong smell of pine, kush and some type of wildberries. It honestly reminds me of the smell you would get walking in a pine forrest if there was a bunch of kush growing in that forrest too haha.

There are probably thousands of different kush strains now so it is difficult to say forsure, Those are just the 3 that it reminds me of the most.

According to leafly tuna kush is most popular in British Columbia up here in Canada so maybe it hasn't made its way down south yet?

This strain was actually a random seed i found in some top shelf bud, wasn't told what strain the weed was though. I have purchased atleast 50-100 seeds from seed banks over the years and the weed from this strain is better than all the ones i have grown so far in my opinion.

Yeah I plan on taking sheds advice on the slurry test forsure, If he is talking about a ph slurry i need a ph meter before i can attempt it though. Unless he was talking about a tds slurry for ppm reading.

I think that's what he meant, the ppm reading
It has the smell of all three and the flavor of og kush mixed with tuna kush. I'd guess that it has pinene and myrcene as 2 of the dominant terps in it from the crazy strong smell of pine, kush and some type of wildberries. It honestly reminds me of the smell you would get walking in a pine forrest if there was a bunch of kush growing in that forrest too haha.

Omg I love it all. Thanks for the info on the terps, I love learning new stuff. Sounds dank friend
There are probably thousands of different kush strains now so it is difficult to say forsure, Those are just the 3 that it reminds me of the most.

Oh for sure there are
According to leafly tuna kush is most popular in British Columbia up here in Canada so maybe it hasn't made its way down south yet?

Possibly. Sounds like an English thing to me but maybe I'm thinking fish and chips lmao
This strain was actually a random seed i found in some top shelf bud, wasn't told what strain the weed was though. I have purchased atleast 50-100 seeds from seed banks over the years and the weed from this strain is better than all the ones i have grown so far in my opinion.
That's how it goes sometimes, man. A top shelf bud that got seeded is prolly a mix we would all be dying to try.

I could cut the water part now though and move back to only feed.
I would definitely be feeding every watering. You can probably mix in advance and store in a milk jug, at least for a few days anyway.
I definitely will do a slurry test and report the results as soon as i am able to.
Here's the info on slurry testing, and it requires distilled water to work, and this is how to do it (when you get your pH meter):

• Take samples from a few different places where there are roots (dig down a bit rather than just use the top - I often stick a spoon down the outside edge of the pot to grab some from there as well)

• Add an equivalent amount of distilled water as grams of soil (10 grams of soil, add 10ml water). If that doesn't make a slurry, use enough distilled water to make a stirrable-but-thick slurry.

• Stir it up, wait 15 minutes, stir again. Do that for at least an hour (longer is better), and then put your calibrated pH stick in the water. That's the pH of your medium.

Your Sunshine mix should probably be in the 5.6-6.2 range to be considered acceptable. Anything outside that would be something to tackle.
I actually meant pH. If you wanted to test the ppm you could check the first runoff from watering.

Also i forgot to mention the medium used for this grow was promix herb and vegetable for the majority of the plants life and was just recently up potted into 5 gallon fabric pots (they actually hold closer to 6 full) from a 1.5 gallon pot using sunshine mix herb and vegetable.

The average temperature is sitting at around 20-22° celcius and the humidity is averaging around 65% currently.

The nutrients being used for this grow are indo easy grow 3 part aswell as some occasional epsom salts, aloe vera gel, and calcium acetate added into the water aswell as sprayed foliar. I will also be adding in some coconut water into the mix at some point for the auxins, giberillins, and cytokinins it contains and possibly may get some kelp extract at some point. PH is being kept at 6.3-6.8 based on sketchy meters right now.

This plant was also treated for mites with diy insecticidal soap and a acid rain foliar spay for a few weeks pre-emptively as my other tent had a few show up about a month ago but i havent seen any in weeks so i am keeping my fingers crossed.

The strain is bagseed that originally turned entirely purple and was revegged and cloned and has a great terp profile, i believe it is a cross of og but not entirely sure. It is not a great yielder but the bud is complete fire. Here is a pic of a bud from the plant it is a clone from to give a better idea of the strain.
Screenshot_20211025-213410_Gallery.jpg
and here are some pictures of the nutrients i am currently using.
Screenshot_20211025-213702_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-213730_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-213735_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-213738_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-213742_Firefox.jpg
I actually used this line on a past grow and had great results. Next time I'm going to use half strength though as it seemed to be a bit much for soil grow.

Omg I love it all. Thanks for the info on the terps, I love learning new stuff. Sounds dank friend

Oh for sure there are

Possibly. Sounds like an English thing to me but maybe I'm thinking fish and chips lmao

That's how it goes sometimes, man. A top shelf bud that got seeded is prolly a mix we would all be dying to try.
no problem about the terp description lol

I'm not to sure about the naming of tuna kush. It is a weird name but it doesn't smell like fish at all lol.

I definitely don't plan on letting this strain die off, still probably going to make some seeds when ever i decide to sacrifice some grow space for a seeded run.

I would definitely be feeding every watering. You can probably mix in advance and store in a milk jug, at least for a few days anyway.

Here's the info on slurry testing, and it requires distilled water to work, and this is how to do it (when you get your pH meter):

• Take samples from a few different places where there are roots (dig down a bit rather than just use the top - I often stick a spoon down the outside edge of the pot to grab some from there as well)

• Add an equivalent amount of distilled water as grams of soil (10 grams of soil, add 10ml water). If that doesn't make a slurry, use enough distilled water to make a stirrable-but-thick slurry.

• Stir it up, wait 15 minutes, stir again. Do that for at least an hour (longer is better), and then put your calibrated pH stick in the water. That's the pH of your medium.

Your Sunshine mix should probably be in the 5.6-6.2 range to be considered acceptable. Anything outside that would be something to tackle.

I actually meant pH. If you wanted to test the ppm you could check the first runoff from watering.
Cool, thanks for clearing that up about the slurry and for all the info too.

Does the water need to be distilled or would ro work? and does the ph of the water matter?

I will start mixing enough for a couple feedings and giving her feed everytime and test ph and ppm when i get my ph meter.

I actually used this line on a past grow and had great results. Next time I'm going to use half strength though as it seemed to be a bit much for soil grow.
Nice, yeah I don't think the problem my one plant has now has anything to do with indo's nutrients. I have had great results using indo's line up before too.

I was using 1/2 strength previously and it seemed like the plants really liked it until they got large and then it wasn't quite enough.

Im thinking for large plants i might try 3/4 strength again or maybe use full strength one feed and then half strength the next or something.

Distilled is the only way I've seen it listed. Not sure about where you are but by me it's about $1/gallon.
alright sounds good, I have seen some websites like hannainstruments mention using either distilled or reverse osmosis deionized for a slurry test since they are both near zero tds. My ro/di filters need a change though so ill probably just grab a gallon of distilled anyways to be safe.

Hello everyone at 420. So i have finally managed to get a ph meter, the first one i ordered never arrived so i had to get my money back and this one took like a month or 2 to ship.

This one was suppose to have calibration solution powder included but for some reason it didn't so i had to try to calibrate it by using white vinnegar as a low ph and baking soda and water as a high ph.

According to google white vinnegar should be 2.4-2.6ph so i calibrated to 2.5 with it. Also a bit of baking soda mixed into water is suppose to be 8-8.4 ph (depending on the waters starting ph) and it was reading 8.2 with my meter. Not a very accurate way of calibrating i know but its all i can do until i get the real calibration powder.

My main plant for this grow definitely has been suffering the last few months slowly withering away to about 60% health maybe less.

I decided i am going to change that plant to my outdoor plant for this year and will be moving another clone under the parfactworks light due to the size of the plant currently and how large it would end up once i got it back to health. I will probably post pictures on here eventually once i get it all done.

I also finally perfomed the ph slurry test and the soils ph was reading 6.6-6.7 so i think that might be part of the problem since the nutrients say 5.7-6.2 ph recommended i believe.

I think I will try to repot it into an approximately 15 gallon fabric grocery bag before moving it outdoors so it has some freshly buffered soil and then start watering it with around 6.1 ph nutrients and also do the same with the clones indoors into the 5-7 gallon pots unless there are other recommendations.

Soil is traditionally factory buffered in the mid to high 6 range so yours looks fine if that meter is accurate.
interesting, i didn't think that 6.6-6.7 seemed that out of whack other than what the nutrients recommeded being much lower.

I wonder if it wasn't actually the ph that caused my issues if it maybe has been rootbound in the same pot for a long time (or whatever the plant gets instead of being rootbound in the fabric pots). I dont think it is from under feeding since i have been doing full strength/half strength on repeat recently.

Chemical nutrients don't expire do they?

interesting, i didn't think that 6.6-6.7 seemed that out of whack other than what the nutrients recommeded being much lower.
Maybe they're hydro nutes? Those definitely need to be pH adjusted to the high 5s
maybe has been rootbound in the same pot for a long time (or whatever the plant gets instead of being rootbound in the fabric pots)
They do get rootbound in fabric pots for sure (ask me how I knoe ;) ), but it does take longer than in plastic. How long has it been in the same pot?
Chemical nutrients don't expire do they?
They'd probably have to be really old. Do they have an expiration date on them?

Maybe they're hydro nutes? Those definitely need to be pH adjusted to the high 5s

They do get rootbound in fabric pots for sure (ask me how I knoe ;) ), but it does take longer than in plastic. How long has it been in the same pot?

They'd probably have to be really old. Do they have an expiration date on them?
They could be primarily hydro nutes, im not sure. They do have a schedule for hydro grows and a schedule for soil grows too and the soil one says to adjust the ph to 5.8-6.2 and the hydro one says 5.5-6.0 i believe.

I could definitely see it being root bound too then haha, it has to have been atleast 6 months now maybe longer in the same 5-7 gallon pot of sunshine mix lol (though it hasnt grown very much in the last few months since its had issues get worse).

I havent seen any best before dates anywhere on them but i will look for one again, they are probably about a year or 2 old now.

I'm thinking it's rootbound if it's been in there for 6 months. When you transplant it score the roots with a clean razor blade down the side about .25-.5" deep and every two inches around the sides. Also cut a 2" square checkerboard pattern across the bottom the same way.
alright cool thanks again for the help shed. I will do that within the next week and move them outside once the weather warms up a little more. Hopefully the larger pot size and also the water being ph adjusted to 6.1 now that i finally have a meter will fix the issues it is having.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom