420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Modest Grower

Hey @Sticky fingaz thanks for stopping by! I am really glad you asked because I realize I probably threw that term around a bit too loosely.

For controls, I have my chiller just set at whatever temp I want the reservoir, which currently I set at 70F to keep it cooler but save on electricity a bit. The chiller has an internal temp controller.

For tent temp and humidity I am using the AC Infinity T6. So your approach is much closer to what I should probably be doing for a more accurate temp reading. I just keep the thermometer close to the canopy. So what I have been doing is referencing those charts and trying to keep temp and humidity where they should be based on the stage of the plant. Nothing too scientific to be honest.

I also looked up that dilumex vpd set up and that looks awesome.

@Furcifer I think you are right. I only have one little fan and it is on the other side of the tent where no curling is occurring. I'll hook up my other T6 as an intake and point it towards that side. Probably also too high EC but I need to learn more about that measurement today to be totally honest.

Sorry for the long posts but you all keep teaching me so much. Happy Thursday everyone!

Hey @Sticky fingaz thanks for stopping by! I am really glad you asked because I realize I probably threw that term around a bit too loosely.

For controls, I have my chiller just set at whatever temp I want the reservoir, which currently I set at 70F to keep it cooler but save on electricity a bit. The chiller has an internal temp controller.

For tent temp and humidity I am using the AC Infinity T6. So your approach is much closer to what I should probably be doing for a more accurate temp reading. I just keep the thermometer close to the canopy. So what I have been doing is referencing those charts and trying to keep temp and humidity where they should be based on the stage of the plant. Nothing too scientific to be honest.

I also looked up that dilumex vpd set up and that looks awesome.

@Furcifer I think you are right. I only have one little fan and it is on the other side of the tent where no curling is occurring. I'll hook up my other T6 as an intake and point it towards that side. Probably also too high EC but I need to learn more about that measurement today to be totally honest.

Sorry for the long posts but you all keep teaching me so much. Happy Thursday everyone!
We don’t need to be scientific my man, there’s guys out there that do that for us. We just take a peek at the answers :laugh:

I stumbled across VPD ( just sounds like an infection ) a few weeks ago while reading an article, naturally, I was intrigued. It’s kinda frustrating really because if you actually brought everything out there they say you need, it’d cost thousands right! The dimlux set up with the co2 controller would be an awesome purchase, really does do everything, even adjusts the light brightness. Next time gadget, next time!
once I’ve actually got leaves to read I’ll get back to you & see if the laser thingy works.
take it ez buddy, speak soon.

one :love:

Happy Thursday everyone. The curling on the leaf edges has seemed to stop. Here they are. Day 34 above surface for the two in the roswell buckets and day 30 for the one in soil.
20210610_184307.jpg

20210610_184313.jpg
20210610_184319.jpg
20210610_184323.jpg

Are you going defoliate or let it ride?
I was going to comment on that but trying to shorten some of my posts. I will be trimming for sure. I want to open as many grow tips as possible to all the glory of the @Budget LED light above them. These ladies will likely be vegging in their bucket seats for a bit.

I hooked up my other inline fan as an intake fan pulling from outside of the closet that is warmed by all of the running components and the temp dropped 7F degrees to 71F and 58% RH So I cranked the light to 100% :headbanger:

We have hotter days ahead so the settings will likely change but this is a good test for what to expect for flowering.

There used be a 420 member with this as his avatar and I always thought it was pretty funny:

Oscar the Nug of Weed.jpg

Happy Friday 420 family! I hit the tent hard the last day and a half as time allowed. Don't be alarmed, they have plenty of time to grow into their own. I took a few clones off of both. I have an idea I will build on later if it roots. Anyway, here is the status day 35 for hydro and 31 for soil.

It seems the one on the left (second pic) is slightly more sativa in appearance and is showing slight nute burn where the other is not. I will probably dial back slightly or keep the nutrients the same for one more week.
20210611_224322.jpg

20210611_224327.jpg
20210611_224331.jpg

Not sure if this joint knuckle is a good thing or a bad thing but I like to think its a good micro stressor that the plant responds too building back stronger. That's totally just a stoned thought, I have not done thorough research.

20210612_003101.jpg

Not sure if this joint knuckle is a good thing or a bad thing but I like to think its a good micro stressor that the plant responds too building back stronger. That's totally just a stoned thought, I have not done thorough research.

20210612_003101.jpg
From what I understand is that under stress the branch nodes get more calloused and build stronger cellular structures to support the weight for later. I think I've seen some of mine do that without stress though...hmm...
:lot-o-toke: let's think about this for a while...

Found this, I would cite the source but its a website so I don't know all thebins and outs and figure this is safest

Knuckles exploit the high level of activity in the cambian layer. Stressing the stem within the cambian layer (without breaking the outer “herd” puts the cells into hyperdrive as they work to repair the perceived damage. Not only do they repair the damage, they strengthen and improve it, with the xylem and phloem cells bigger than before. Thus the stem receives more food and water more quickly. If you think of these vascular cells as a road infrastructure, they’ve just been upgraded from a country lane to a 3 lane motorway.

:lot-o-toke:

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Day 37 above surface. Hard to believe how many leaves I removed this weekend and they still look like hot messes. The plants seem happy and are growing great but I need to start putting a plan into motion with the training. We'll, see how the next few trainings go but I am thinking it would be cool to flip around day 50 which is when a few people seem to be flipping. Otherwise, I will probably veg these out longer than necessary if I don't just set a date at some point.

20210613_114832.jpg

Happy Tuesday! (Wow, I thought it was Monday)

I missed my photo opportunity as I am not used to the 6 hours of dark and work has been crazy busy. I did a reservoir change Sunday keeping the nutrients the same. I noticed the one on the left is more sativa leaning than the one on the right and has been showing nute burn where the one on the right is completely pleased. I plan to keep nutrient levels the same for now but the left will always be on the edge of too much I think. We will try and keep the nutrient burn to the leaf tips.

Anyway, I tried something new based on what @Brett Blaze said in his journal which was to add the cal mag at the end based on ppm instead of recommended dose (paraphrasing). What a great idea. I kept my ppm way lower and when deficiency signs showed up I added a little more and all is well. I like that approach a lot. Simple concept and effective have a great day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom