Votes: 19 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My first entry in POTM...My Monster Lemon Kush Grown under LED
DSCN011610.JPG
31733.jpg

All the entries look so yummy!
-B:Namaste:

The funny thing was, back when I grew before I grew crap ragweed in Montana and a little in Colorado, and while they did have nice flowers, they were nothing special, when I started growing again it was the plant above that got me hooked. It was so beautiful, with such cool colors as she developed I thought I had a real gem. It was not till I started researching to do my indoor grow that I discovered that there are a lot of different strains that not only look as beautiful but many are even more stunning. Made me feel like a rose gardener when they 1st discovered there were other colors of roses other then RED.
One of the great things about this sight is everyone is growing so many different strains and showing pictures of them here and in their journals. I already have a list growing of strains I want to grow, just so I can enjoy the beauty.

Oldgrower I feel the same as you. I know I'll never win, but its fun to actually be considered with all these amazing plants, and the growers that grow them. Never in a million years did I dream that I would be able to grow a plant in my house that actually had some potentency behind it. So for me, this is a new experience too. I love knowing there are others out there wanting to do the same as me, and I really enjoy helping who I can along the way. I think what shocks me more is people actually ask me for my help :laugh: It's a lot of fun though, I do enjoy it and the friends I have made. I'm no pro by any means, but I love helping other people achieve success if I can somehow. If you can help others too, then you are successful and huge asset to this online community.

:goodjob:

I don't know how else to do this so I'll post it here to see what others think.... the rules are very fair so far for the comp and as we can see they are heavily policed by the mods... thank you all for that... but the only problem I have with it is that a person with 0 post on 420 can grow a bad ass plant elsewhere and if they hear about all the wonderful prizes the mods and 420 have aquire for our competition (thanks a million) then they can enter that plant here directly after becoming a member..... I'm all about expanding this wonderful community with all but it doesn't seem fair (to me atleast) that a 420 member could pour their heart and soul into this community and put forth the effort to journal and share a terrific plant and be beaten out of a competition and glamorous prize pack by someone who has 3 post and been a member for 5 days....

Maybe in the future your 2 pics (following 410 guidelines) plus a link to your documented grow on 420 (for say at least 30 days) is required to enter the comp... only my thoughts sorry if this is not the right place to post this and GOOD LUCK to all of the beautiful contestants this month... it gonna be another good one I believe

I agree,
A minimum requirement of 50 posts would be a good start, and maybe a journal wouldn't hurt.

I mean it's not like the prize is cheap, it's pretty kickass in my opinion

Free shipping to foreign lands would be the cherry on my sundae.

V:bongrip:

If the grow is journal ed and shared with us here on 420 it would Def meet the 50 post mark.... and with such a generous prize pack I wouldn't put it past someone to take a plant from another forum and enter it in here.... if it was journal ed here in otlr community it would be proof this person / new member actually grew the plant them selves and it wasn't hijacked elsewhere....

This is where a link to the 420 journal being a requirement to enter would keep it as honest as possible

If the grow is journal ed and shared with us here on 420 it would Def meet the 50 post mark.... and with such a generous prize pack I wouldn't put it past someone to take a plant from another forum and enter it in here.... if it was journal ed here in otlr community it would be proof this person / new member actually grew the plant them selves and it wasn't hijacked elsewhere....

This is where a link to the 420 journal being a requirement to enter would keep it as honest as possible

Very good idea..very reasonable. Would show proof the photos weren't hijacked and would reward those members actively contributing to grow journals and the overall community here

OK I have to throw in my 2 cents. I really hope you dont require a journal on the plant because I dont do them. You can look thru my gallery if you wish and see that I post here all the time, and I do help people a lot thru private messaging, so most of what I do here is really never seen by most people. I just dont feel comfortable doing a journal and documenting my grows online that way.

My recommendation would be to look at the reputation level someone has on their profile, and their post count. That way you would know they contributed to the website, just in other ways. I'm hoping that will be taken into consideration.

That lovely lady is simply stunning. I love the colors. She would look lovely on my desktop as a screen saver. I could look at her all day long.

I will upload a couple more pix of her into my gallery if you want. Not sure if you copy from there for a good screen saver. Have another close-up that is a little closer, shows a bit more frost and color, but I didn't get the whole cola :( Peace!!

And please everyone and mods know this is not to raise any suspicion or accuse anyone of anything... just a concerned citizen trying to help look out for the people of the 420 community the best way I see and keep from being any conflict or wrongdoing in the future... gotta keep the vibe a positive one and sometimes a hefty prize pack that someone feels they were done wrong in can be a reason for a conflict..... we have to maintain positive attitudes and be happy for those who win and support them no matter what and if you do suffer a loss or close race let it be motivation to do bigger and better things and produce better meds than ever before... let it be a driving force on 420

OK I have to throw in my 2 cents. I really hope you dont require a journal on the plant because I dont do them. You can look thru my gallery if you wish and see that I post here all the time, and I do help people a lot thru private messaging, so most of what I do here is really never seen by most people. I just dont feel comfortable doing a journal and documenting my grows online that way.

My recommendation would be to look at the reputation level someone has on their profile, and their post count. That way you would know they contributed to the website, just in other ways. I'm hoping that will be taken into consideration.
I completely agree with nobodyuknow, not everyone is comfortable doing a journal and it they have a plant they have grown there is no reason they should not be allowed to enter, after all we are family and I trust my family members.

I do think there has to be some rules or qualifiers, to be able to enter the contests, its only fair that people that contribute to the website the most win the stuff offered on this website I would think.

Why not think of a list of things that would qualify people to enter, like if they are newer to the website, then have a linked journal with your plant, I dont have a problem with that for people that want to do a journal, and it does show that they contribute here at the website. Also people that dont have a journal would need a high post count and/or a higher level reputation, and take into consideration their join date as well. Make it several different qualifiers that would give people a chance to enter the contests that are actually here at the website all the time.

I think there is a lot of ways to have a fair contest and not leave anyone out that wants to be in them.

:passitleft:

I agree fully I didn't think of the non Journaling members and I'm sorry for that my friend.... like you said if there is no link to a journal then maybe they have a time and post count rwquirememt...like you suggested..

3 or 6 months and 1 or 2 hundred post ??? Just thinking out lloud (kinda lol)

I second this!

Back
Top Bottom