420islife First Indoor Grow Bagseed - 2017

Also did read your journals was thinking of using the trim to make a extract with never tried edibles,oils,dabs,hash just good old mj through a bong or joint

Was just wondering I'm pretty fussy when it comes to trim so when I buy I usually end up with a gram or 2 min of trim and stalk from each oz.. could I place that into alcohol and just keep adding to it till there is enough plant matter to make a decent yield or does it need to then be extracted within a certain time frame.

Have you really never gotten high from edibles, like ever? If so, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. It takes about five times as much, though (because the liver removes most of the THC leaving the digestive tract before it gets to you brain), so it's not the most economical approach. And of course even on an empty stomach it takes about an hour to hit, so it's a longer process...

IT'S DEFINITELY BETTER THAN SMOKING! I really don't think that anyone should still be inhaling combustion byproducts when so much great vaporization technology is available. Take if from one who's been there: cancer and cancer treatment expensive, time consuming, and very unfun so are to be avoided! End of lecture.

To answer your question, the only reason I can think of not to leave the plant matter soaking in EtOH forever is that more of the chlorophyll seems to get extracted with time, which can taste nasty if you evaporate the alcohol to make dabs, which you probably won't it sounds like, so no big deal.

But why not just save the plant matter until you have enough for an extraction?

Also, you can make as little extract as you want, of course. The process is totally scalable. A gram of good weed will give you 200 ml of good tincture; that's twenty 10 mg (i.e. small/minimum) doses.

OK, I've gotta go work on my coco grow setup. ;)

Day 21:
So after installing the retro 400w mh into the tent and turfing the t5 I believe growth has started coming along.
I have been mixing my nute in 10l batchs which is lasting 3-4 days and after rechecking the ph every morning now a stable 6.2 I have learnt that you need to give the ph down a little more time to work... another noob mistake...
anyways here's a new photo the one circled is the Stunted one from the original photos
420-magazine-mobile357455614.jpg

Also thought I would have a go at a diy airpot as could t justify paying for 4 cloth ones
Made from a $2 waste paper basket and about .25 of chux approx 10L
420-magazine-mobile2129305265.jpg
and another cheapskate instead of perlite/vermiculite am using some washed river stones from the aquarium....

Love it! Innovation at it's finest! :D

Id suggest more chux then one layer tho because it's so thin it aids a lot in drying out :( which sucks if u have something u need to do and can't water every hrs

FWIW, I line with burlap (a coffee bean sack in the photo).

I'm setting up a pump and reservoir for automated watering for my next grow. I love growing in coco, but the mandatory daily watering routine can make you feel like a slave to your plants.

2017-05-31_Day_1_2100_005.JPG

If you were to huperthetically place a airpot into a hydro res for a few days would it drown the plant or not

That's an interesting question... The soil would immediately saturate with water and yeah, very quickly the plant would drown, I expect. The medium would be wet but there wouldn't be any flow to speak of, so even if the water in the res was well oxygenated, that O2 wouldn't be getting to the plant.

OTOH, as you know, you can soak coco regularly and it will still let air to the roots, especially if it has perlite, sand, vermiculite or whatever mixed in to improve drainage.

If you were to huperthetically place a airpot into a hydro res for a few days would it drown the plant or not

But if you're thinking of an automated watering system, google or YouTube that and you'll find lots of people who have pots sitting on big trays of soaking wet perlite from which the water wicks up into the pot. It looks like it works well. I was thinking about some kind of system like that for my plants on my deck when I leave for summer vacation, but now I'm thinking a reservoir and a pump...

But if you're thinking of an automated watering system, google or YouTube that and you'll find lots of people who have pots sitting on big trays of soaking wet perlite from which the water wicks up into the pot. It looks like it works well. I was thinking about some kind of system like that for my plants on my deck when I leave for summer vacation, but now I'm thinking a reservoir and a pump...

Yea more was thinking of a option for 48hours without watering and not to costly unfortunatly running 4ft tanks if I was to use a spare pump it would be pumping way to much even set to only go for 15min the shortest I have on a timer
Bummer thinking only other way would be a fresh transplant but don't have enough coco or enough of those geo air pots :(
Or sit the pots in a bucket of nutes for a hour so everything possible gets soaked in then have in a res with like 2in of water above the bottom of the pot (airated) so only the bottom would have wet feet

And on a plus note spoke with the seed bank and they said they will be resending the order yay fingers crossed

I'm happy to hear that! I know they say they'll replace stuff that gets intercepted, but you wonder. (Of course when you're selling seeds that cost you pennies for $10 each you have enough of a profit margin to do that sort of thing. ;))

And on a plus note spoke with the seed bank and they said they will be resending the order yay fingers crossed

Day 12 flower
420-magazine-mobile190488311.jpg

Little one she spent 24hours and a red bucket all the way to her top. She has roots now coming out the sides of her pot but her stems abit squishy so she's out drying out now other then that no ill effect
420-magazine-mobile1386257293.jpg

420-magazine-mobile644478408.jpg
420-magazine-mobile45730499.jpg

Big girl spent 12hours in the res her stems are firmer
420-magazine-mobile326738801.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2090267763.jpg
At this rate you're gonna have some primo shit! Now I wanted to ask, how do you go about setting up a hydro like this? New to hydroponics and really want to get into a low-cost but effective build and it looks like what you got, works. What's the name of this specific type of build?

I'm not sure really it wasn't that cheap a setup just piece by piece till I got what I want need a Better tent and thinking possibly another light but that would only work in winter. still not where I would like it and don't think I will do another indoor summer grow due to trying to keep heat underway. But there are some things u can buy cheap tents fans and then when ur abit more into it or over the old equipment then invest in better equipment
Coco is easier then hydro and soil downside u have to water but I suggest adding something to the coco perlite/vermiculite/fine pebbles.. bigger the pot the better... don't over cram. Don't under veg. Train the plants heaps. Check ph and ec. There some things I'm learning

I'm not sure really it wasn't that cheap a setup just piece by piece till I got what I want need a Better tent and thinking possibly another light but that would only work in winter. still not where I would like it and don't think I will do another indoor summer grow due to trying to keep heat underway. But there are some things u can buy cheap tents fans and then when ur abit more into it or over the old equipment then invest in better equipment

Aaah, gotcha. So do you just have an airstone in each of the reservoirs pumped through a water filter? Or is it something different?

Oh that's just a experiment to try and get me 24hrs in between watering so I can get plastered and not harrass them girls whilst I'm drunk
Res with a airstone and a few large holes for water to suck through the bottom of the pot...

Aaaaah, okay, now that makes sense. Gotta treat yourself, I feel, I definitely do aha :amen::amen:

I bought myself an airstone on account of the fact I already have the water pump from a trade I made a couple years back. I'm pretty sure I have everything I need to get a hydro of sorts started, just don't quite understand the format of it all x.x

Have you really never gotten high from edibles, like ever? If so, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try.

IT'S DEFINITELY BETTER THAN SMOKING! I really don't think that anyone should still be inhaling combustion byproducts when so much great vaporization technology is available. Take if from one who's been there: cancer and cancer treatment expensive, time consuming, and very unfun so are to be avoided! End of lecture.

OK, I've gotta go work on my coco grow setup. ;)

Sorry sci I must have overlooked this comment and to answer this no never fitted high from a edible only had one and think the guys version was just add some mix in with the batter and whammo u have hash cookies

Part of the reason want to give up smoking a oz a week because at just under 30 the family says I sound like my 82yp gran with emphysema when I breathe and the missus complains of the wheezing when where sleeping and I'm a fairly skinny lad so not a issue of being overweight. The only thing is trying to source good weed is hard enough without trying to get oils,dabs or anything bongs are illegal to sell so most of the shopfronts no longer sell any paraphernalia

Back
Top Bottom