600 Watt Old Model Mars Hydro - Autoflower - Grow

nuggs78

image2276.jpeg
20151031_190944.jpg
I am starting a auto grow using a old model 600 watt mars hydro led grow light I am using dwc and techna flora recipe for success nutrients I am doing 2 autos 1 sweet seeds sweet trainwreck and 1 short stuff seeds pink grapefruit my temps have been around 76 degree and im growing in a 2.5x2.5x6.5 area I have 2 4x4x7 tents that I usually use but I had to move to smaller house so with limited space I had to down size for this grow I went first 6 months at my new house not grow anything after doing multiple grows for last 4 yrs at my other house man I been ready but now I started a auto grow I have grown short stuff speedy gonzales and onyx in the past and chaze super auto with great results so I picked a shor stuff new line to start this round and heard good tjings with sweet seeds so I grabbed a trainwreck strain from them I allso got blue dream auto from humbolt and a cream carmel from sweet seeds ill start after this grow

Im hoping to purchase a spider 2 cob light to add to this grow in next couple weeks I will purchase the spider2 to add with the 600 watt old model there allot of hip over these lights so I want to try them out I figure that be enough light for both plants being that the spider is 180-200 actual watt I seen some great results with this light and mars hydro lights I will be running a scrog with my autos once they get old enough start training them there only 10 days old I have my light at 40 in away from my plants ill be getting my scrog set up soon then I figure ill drop it to about 32 in -34 see how that does for awhile I was going to add couple of cfls in the mix but then I seen the spider cob series lights and figured that be great for my space plus I want just use led this time see how good this new technology is now I used the apollo 12 last year but unfortunately its broke and the boards went out so I just purchased knew light and will buy the new spider cob to replace my apollo series I usually grow photo plants but limited space and the autos are quckier so I went that route last grow I did mr nice g13 widow and ash strains which were good strains but the just didnt have that kick like knew strains do my speedy gonzales auto was just as good as the g13 actually was better in taste I thought well check out my thread ill keep it updated as much as I can during my off days hope all goes well this round im not a newbie grower just new to the thread here because I just found this thread while search the web for information so enjoy everyone and happy growing:thumb:

So today my plants look great I dropped my light down yesterday to 36in and no bleaching think that they look better now I dropped the light some my roots still haven't hit the water yet threw in some route 66 help stimulate the root growth other then that everything going well I been watering them 1 day with the reservoir water so there not drying out my temps are holding good at 75-76 so this led stays fairly cool which is great hope to order my cob spider this week I think it will arrive just in time before my plants start to bud there autos so 21-24 days they usually flower I will start to feed with boost and techna flora grow once my roots hit the reservoir things are looking great so ill keep everyone posted on further events

The sweet train wreck roots are all most to the reservoir but the pink grapefruit still isnt showing any yet they look good been thinking that with the holidays comeing up so soon that I might wait on ordering the spider 2 till after the holidays it could be till January if you order now im told my grow will be done by then think I might just use my 270 watts cfl to flower with this round and then get it for my next grow I will be doing dina fem auto og kush and sweet seeds cream carmel strain when these are done so will see how this turns out so far they look ok im using 20/4 so I can get the best yield for the auto plants in past this worked better for me then 18/6 with autos

So today my roots hit water I checked when I got off work and they both landed finally I gave them 1/4 of boost 1/2 of grow and 1/2 of cal mag now this my first feed for them on day 14 other then the route 66 root stimulater at 1/4 I gave them few days ago they seem to be likening the light they streched little at first think I could had my light at 30" and they would been ok but better safe then sorry at 36" hopefully they'll pick up grow quick dwc they grow fast and big quick thats why I stick to dwc growing it works best for me ive grown some big plants this way you dont want veg long unless you got the space to flower huge plants lol well I'll keep y'all posted on my grow

So today my girls look great finally got some nice root growth going on I dropped my light to 30" they seem fine all well no problems just try leave tjem alone let nature do its thing will be ordering the spider 4 432watt cob led light in the morning can't wait to that gets here im throw it in so each plant has its own light every one seems to be useing 2-3 led grow lights on 2 plants figure each one deserve its own light to go plus it gives me chance to use two 420 sponsers grow lights to see the quality in them hope to have a good turn out with both lights see what 1000 watt of led power can do ive only used my 540watt apollo 12 with a 2w 90watt ufo and some cfls but never straight 1000watt led I hope to get few oz per plant will see well ill keep you updated and post pictures up saterday for all to see my progress

So I been reading on different reviews that scrog technique isn't really good for auto flowering strains its better to just let them grow can anyone give me some advice on this before I put my screen up I've never scrogged autos before if it's better to let them grow with out scrog then I would like some information before I put the screen up before it's to late

So I just ordered the spider 4 cob 432 watt from twilight group.com and they have some units in the California factory that are the,120degree angle that can ship to me quick and then they will send me the 60 degree lenses from china that works for me I will have it here in time to flower my girls with so im loveing it can't wait to see this thing in action got sweet deal and for that I will be posting pictures of my grow with it on the twilight group sponser page for all to see how good these lights are want to say thanks to twilight group for working together with me on this and hope to get some frosty buds from this light like others who have been useing it

20151114_130135.jpg
so I found some info on alot of people that use the scrog with good results with the autos and they said to feed them grow for longer before switching over to bloom when I see the first hairs so im going to attempt it I started training them to lay side ways a little all ready I shouldn't have any problems with this I've scrogged with out topping in past to control hieght issues with sativas like jack horror and g13 widow they stretched abit but it worked fine for me with good results so I think these autos be ok this way to

Ya this light is really pink im used to the more red violet led my apollo 12 3w chip has this different but its doing good as I can tell little more stretch then im used to with led lights I used before but they are health and growing good so far and this light puts of little heat I like that its + will see how it flowers I know of journal on this lights 300 watt 60x5w that put out nice plants so I think this light prove well as its 120x5w

So today is my second light feed of my autos I used 1/2 of bust 1/4 grow 1/3 of cal mag this time I think they be able to handle this feed little bit better than last one the pink grapefruit seem to react alittle to my higher feed last feed so I went light this time my ppm reads 574 and my reservoir temps at 71degree so that great will see tomorrow how the plants react to the feed I'll keep eye on them post again few days

Ok got home from work today is day 21 both autos are showing female pistol so now im keep feed them grow for two-three weeks so they gain growth to my net I hope my spider 4 will be here in next week or two so that I can add it I think this 600watt mars good for 1 plant grow but I prefer to have 1 light per plant that way they get hole light to them selves and can put on more weight as of the feed every things looking good

Back
Top Bottom