600 Watt HPS - Purple Buddha & Friends

Re: 600 Watt HPS - Purple Buddha and Friends

Took my pics for my update, realized quite a stretch on a few, mainly the SLH still lanky as hell, it's like Chris Bosh became a dam pot plant. Raptor weed.

Lowered my light and switched to my MH bulb, will upload the pics in a lil bit, wanna see how much the temps fluctuate, moving the light down about 8 inches or so and switching to the bigger, brighter bulb.

Groupie Love

WP_20140605_004_1_.jpg

Again

WP_20140605_005_1_.jpg

Teenage Mutant Great White Shark

WP_20140605_006_1_.jpg

Monster Jack A

WP_20140605_007_1_.jpg

Monster Jack B

WP_20140605_008_1_.jpg

White Rhino

WP_20140605_009_1_.jpg

Super Stretchin' Lemon Haze

WP_20140605_010_1_.jpg

Phantom Cookies

WP_20140605_011_1_.jpg

More Phantom Cookies, praying Fem

WP_20140605_012_1_.jpg

Super Skunk

WP_20140605_013_1_.jpg

The plants with the "F" on them are Females, obviously just wrote in the "F" for the seeds that were feminized.

I'll be purchasing some upgrades next week, anybody have some suggestions? I am strongly considering an LED light, looking cheap tho, I have the 600 watt HPS which I could just use in a new flower tent. The first time I bought stuff I didn't have much input from others...

I need:
Flower tent
Lighting
Fans
Co2?

I'll also be venturing into High Brix, so anything that will help towards that.

I like t5s and leds . low heat. Topled has awesome reflector LEDs that have a flower and veg buttons that switch the LEDs. They are also on eBay for a Lil cheaper. Just got to sort through them.

Yeah I was thinking about LED for sure... might be pricey to get one for the 3x3 tent and one for a 4x4 tent. I am also considering getting an air cooled hood for my HPS light, and using that in the 4x4 flower room, I should be able to handle temps there, and power consumption would be down a bit. I hear the Mars II runs a bit hot... I'd like to know how hot in comparison to an HPS, same with the reflector LEDs

I've never used led. I'll always recommend hid lighting. Air cooled hood would be a big plus. And help with temps. Make sure to get a big enough inline fan to cool it properly.

What tents do you already have? With a 4x4 flower room do you intend to make a veg room and another flower room? Or more of a nursery/veg/flower set up?

I've never used led. I'll always recommend hid lighting. Air cooled hood would be a big plus. And help with temps. Make sure to get a big enough inline fan to cool it properly.

What tents do you already have? With a 4x4 flower room do you intend to make a veg room and another flower room? Or more of a nursery/veg/flower set up?

I have my 3x3 tent right now which will be for veg, and just ordered my 4x4 tent. I'm heavily leaning towards grabbing two 600 watt LED grow lights, one for each tent, and if I don't get good results I'll still have my 600 watt HPS/MH.... I could even use that for a bit in veg and a bit in flower. The temps are just fluctuating way too much, I have mine running at 50% with an ice cold AC blasting my grow room/office, which I think is roughly 10x8 feet, and when I put it to 75% the temps will hit 100, with two 6" 240 CFM booster fans ventilating 24/7. I'm kinda just done with it at this point, my electricity bill is thru the dam roof and I'm out most the day, always worrying about the temps.

Again... I'll totally use the HPS for flower or veg if the LEDs become ineffective.

Hey to each their own man. If they work for you, they work for you. But I don't see how your temps are that high. It was 94* outside. And I have a. 8000 BTU ac in my 8x4 tent and it had it down to 74* with a 1000 watt and a 400 watt in there. With only one 360 cfm exhausting the lights

Back
Top Bottom