600W HPS & 315CMH vs 1000W HPS & condensation tips?

johnnyblazeon

Been a while but im back for the opinions of my fellow growers here on 420mag.

Since i was last around ive had a few runs, gaining between. 8 and 1gpw. Struggled with temperatures last time but im now upgrading everything from new pots to new intakes and lights...

Which then leads me here.

I currently have 3 600w hps. I was considering either purchasing an additional 600w hps and getting 2 315cmh between the 600s...

Or trading infor 3 x 1000s. After alot of debate with friends about the usual 600 vs 1000 i feel inclined to try it out. Mainly for the better penetration and the claim of chunkier fuller buds.

What are your thoughts on this and are the 1000s really worth it?

Abit about my growing style...

I dont do a true scrog but it is the method behind my technique. All my plants are trained to be flat as possible making as much use of the area that is available. I will be using 6 plants per light to help me reduce vegging time abit. I have done 4 plants under a 600 and recieved 595grams of good mature bud (the lowers got scrapped for oil and ended up getting spoilt didnt count this in my final dry weight) but the time it took to veg wasnt worth it when i can just increase plant numbers.

Space isnt an issue. Its a nice sized room eith a high ceiling and chimney breast where i can exhaust hot air. I will have my intake from inside the hallway.

Also any tips on keeping condensation away from the windows?

With all thats going on in the world and a potential lockdown for the next 6 months i figured i may aswell get my years personal in while everyone should be in there homes, now just feels like the right time.

Good luck to everyone in this crisis keep safe and well.

I've got some chunky hard nugs growing under my HLG quantum board lights AND all of my heat issues went away! Each one pulls about 100W for a 2x2 footprint.
My local grow shop got in some gavita LEDs that were about 4' x4' and looked amazing. If i had the space and the $$ I'd totally take them for a spin!

Attachments

• 20200329_170225.jpg
    20200329_170225.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 112
I still put a 100W DE HPS as #1 light source IMHO, even though I myself use a 500w draw QB, I wish I could afford the 1000w DE HPS in my tent!

Very tempted to get a 1000. Was reading on the cmhs and the possible extra thc production ect when used along side a hps which made me consider this.

Friend at a local shop believes 1000s are the way to go for better buds. But of course hes going to recommend the most expensive things which led me back here!

Thanks for input guys

Back
Top Bottom