619ster's First Grow: Pure Royal Kush July 2010

Are u doin DWC? i had a real problem bloomin with DWC so i switched to Ebb n Flow and every thing runs smooth. I like to FIM mine ill get a pic up this afternoon of mine . Maybe it does take away the yeald i dont see why since it makes more branches my baby looks like a bush or a hedge... cant wait to see ur pics ill try and get one up of my fim ones so u can see them:morenutes:

theres so many factors that can reduce yeild Fim all u want

yup ill be doing DWC when they are ready. I really wanna try Deep Water Culture (im turning into a Deep Water Culture lol)though but DWC is more economical for me at the moment. :rollit:Yea i dont need a big tall plant since i only have one good light right now so i want to see how much i can do with it along with cfl's. Any tips on doing good FIM? Ive topped but have not fimmed. Pictures coming. Babies are recovering from heat wave. Still sproutlings. And my internet at home is down. Thanks for dropping by

my tip thats always worked is to juss cut right where the top internode is juss below were the four tops leaves r showing chop right there so there is four open sections readin this makes it sound harder ill take a pic from a book that explains better and ill have pics up soon my dam comp took a dive my laptop almost did to... cant wait for the pics i got some bubba kush X deep chunk and chocolate goin ill have pics up of them babies soon

Just found your journal from the BHH thread. Looks like you are off and running. +reps!

There is a nice topping and fimming link in my sig you should read. Has some nice pictures. ;)

I think you will want to stuff as many CFLs as you can fit in with your 180W LED during flower if you are going to grow 6 plants. We want those buds as big as possible.

:peace:
Agent Green :smokin:

Just found your journal from the BHH thread. Looks like you are off and running. +reps!

There is a nice topping and fimming link in my sig you should read. Has some nice pictures. ;)

I think you will want to stuff as many CFLs as you can fit in with your 180W LED during flower if you are going to grow 6 plants. We want those buds as big as possible.

:peace:
Agent Green :smokin:

Thanks a bunch and welcome. +reps back. I can't believe I never seen that link in your sig after seeing u around a few times. I'll be sure to check it out as I'm still relatively new to all this.

And a question in case yOu or anybody else cares to chime in: I was wondering if a cfl buld at 5000k temp would work well as supplemental lighting in a mj grow?

I have two 100 watt cfl bulbs at 5000k but don't know if it will help much with flowering.

Update time! Actually this only a progress report as I have no pictures at the moment since my Internet still isn't working and I can't upload photos. May have to steal somebodies wifi and try to do it off my laptop. Anyway, seems like I was able to save my three seedlings who had a close brush with death after this crazy hot weather tried to dry them out. So I was able to nurse them back to health and replaced the one that didn't make it with a fresh bean and it has now sprouted. The two soil plants seem to be passing up the stunned rw seedlings as of now. But good news is roots are starting to pop throught the bottom so I will be transfering to the dwc sometime this week. And the soil ones will be transplanted to dwc as well, unless anybody feels I shouldn't with good reason. This is completely experiment for me since I've never pulled a plant from dirt and changed to hydro. Would that stress the plant too much? Could I kill the pant if not careful? Or is it fairly simple?

Yes yes my friend welcome aboard :peacetwo: I likes kush too and down here in southern cali we are a bit flooded with that. But I never seem to get tired of it :cheesygrinsmiley:. Something about kush strains (or strains just named kush as well) that are all so damn bomb! Thats why I had to try n grow something way out like Pure Royal Kush because all those other Kush's (Hindu, OG, Bubba, Master) are all so common. Stay tuned bro!

lol, ya. i was just down in san diego and i had nice kush's over there, diamond kush, and i believe oc bubba, very very nice. i was happy with the quality there compared to colorado.

I've seen people transplant from soil to hydro before. They were successful. The hard part was getting all the soil off the roots and placing hydroton 1 piece at a time around the roots in the new net pot. (the roots can break off easily) Just be gentle and go slow.

:goodluck:

I wouldn't be too worried about the soil to hydro change. Its completely ok to have soil on the roots when transferring, as long as its not much. I am going to transplant these to the perlite medium and use a combo of drip hydro and aeroponics to grow em. But right now I'm using the drip through the soil. I want to get it out fast as it releases some into my nutes every time the drip goes on. Let me know how yours goes.

Just so its clear, the 2 on the ends in the back of this picture are clones of that have grown roots. They will green out soon. The one in the middle rear is an Aurora Indica sprout. And the front 3 are bag seed (2 of the same, 1 different)

IMG00403-20100823-2115.jpg

lol, ya. i was just down in san diego and i had nice kush's over there, diamond kush, and i believe oc bubba, very very nice. i was happy with the quality there compared to colorado.
Yup that sounds like good old S.D. :cheesygrinsmiley: I've tried those and they are very nice indeed.... When grown well. We have our fair share of mids going around out here as well. All depends on your likings and your budget.

I've seen people transplant from soil to hydro before. They were successful. The hard part was getting all the soil off the roots and placing hydroton 1 piece at a time around the roots in the new net pot. (the roots can break off easily) Just be gentle and go slow.

:goodluck:
Ok now you got me a little freaked out! Naw I should be ok. I was thinking of dunking in water until most dirt is off. Now the hydroton part sounds tricky. But I have patience. Have no choice but to when growing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I wouldn't be too worried about the soil to hydro change. Its completely ok to have soil on the roots when transferring, as long as its not much. I am going to transplant these to the perlite medium and use a combo of drip hydro and aeroponics to grow em. But right now I'm using the drip through the soil. I want to get it out fast as it releases some into my nutes every time the drip goes on. Let me know how yours goes.

Just so its clear, the 2 on the ends in the back of this picture are clones of that have grown roots. They will green out soon. The one in the middle rear is an Aurora Indica sprout. And the front 3 are bag seed (2 of the same, 1 different)

IMG00403-20100823-2115.jpg
You're looking nice. Thanks. I think I shouldn't have a problem with the dirt too much after dunking in water a few times. If any left I'll change after a couple more water floods/flushes. Now it's the roots that have me worried. Hope I don't drown or damage them :wood:

You're looking nice. Thanks. I think I shouldn't have a problem with the dirt too much after dunking in water a few times. If any left I'll change after a couple more water floods/flushes. Now it's the roots that have me worried. Hope I don't drown or damage them :wood:

Should be good just be gentle! I'm gonna have a hard time because my roots are through the bottom of the pots hanging in the nutes solution. It was part of the plan originally but now I want them out of the soil and its gonna suck when I have to pull em out and rinse em. You probably have it much easier, just be careful!

Ok I really really wanna update things around here with some pics y'all!! But my Internet still isn't kickin. But on a good note, I moved my two biggest plants into DWC system. One was from the rw cube and the other from soil. I'll check out how they look after work tonight. Hopefully I haven't injured the soil one :wood: I'll see tonight. Used a bit of superthrive in hopes of minimizing shock and stress. Other four will be in another bigger diy dwc system I have to construct asap. Ohhhhhhh I can't wait to show pics. lunch hour is here. Time for smoke break. :Rasta:

Well here it is folks, PICTURE UPDATE!

Here are the seedlings thru their rough, long, HOT week. Almost let them get heat stroke. But they did suffer dehydration and I replaced the lost guy with a new bean and it sprouted:
Picture_193.jpg

The soil babies:
Picture_01334.jpg

After their brush with death:
Picture_00941.jpg

Growing soil babies:
Picture_01529.jpg

Picture_01616.jpg

Recovering RW babies with new friend:
Picture_02313.jpg

Picture_02412.jpg

Quick look at my setup: