619ster's First Grow: Pure Royal Kush July 2010

I cant believe the prices you all have down there, dispensary and street prices are $$$$$. We don't have dispensary here yet... its on this coming ballot thu. Prices have not changed here for like 15 years, when I moved to Nor. Cali for school I was shocked at $60 8th's and that was 1999.

:focus:
Your male plant is a nice size. The 2 males I had to pull where strong growers, its always the good ones that get away.

I went thru but maybe I missed it... whats the size of your tent?

Nice nugs, when your not looking I may snag one.:bongrip:

Lol. Yea prices are wicked. Especially if you don't know the right people. But I sure don't buy 8th's no more and I sure dont believe any bud can be worth more than 3 for a ounce. But like I said, you just gotta know the right people. My tent is a 4x4x7. A lil small but sufficient for my current legal limit of plants.

Yea it does depend on the people you know...even here. Back when I was just starting out in life I was lucky to even afford a 20.

We just about have the same size tent, I plan to harvest 6 at a time. How many mature plants can you have there?

Yea it does depend on the people you know...even here. Back when I was just starting out in life I was lucky to even afford a 20.

We just about have the same size tent, I plan to harvest 6 at a time. How many mature plants can you have there?

6 as well. So i'm going to veg my next seedlings for another 35 days or so. Im getting clones soon that im doing 12/12/ on asap.

Another quick update!! Checked on the sprouts and it looks like they are waking up! My soil ones still show no signs yet. IDK but soil just seems much more difficult to me. I like to have full control of my growing. Seems like soil doesn't let me gain that control. But that's why I'm here. Any tips are welcome. Hydro or soil. And seedling maintanance too. How can I get the strongest growth out of seedlings? And I want to do some topping/fim to them and some supercropping and lst as well. Which would be better to do first? LST/supercropping then top/fim, or top/fim then supercrop/LST?

Heres seedling pics
Picture_190.jpg

Picture_189.jpg

All showing some action

Oh and noobish mistake: I didn't mark either of my seedlings except for the notch on the net cups. I don't know which is which yet. But I know 2 are one kind (with notch) and 2 are the other (without notch).

Glad I found this journal.. looking awesome.. I like the exotics, that's some cool stuff!!

What's up what's up mr glh the man :cheesygrinsmiley:. Glad you could drop by. I'm excited to try your light out! PR Kush did quite nice with cfl. Can't wait to see how they do with the spectra 180. Thanks bro. You the man.

nice exotics, cant wait for the grow to begin.:goodjob:

i love me some kush :)

Yes yes my friend welcome aboard :peacetwo: I likes kush too and down here in southern cali we are a bit flooded with that. But I never seem to get tired of it :cheesygrinsmiley:. Something about kush strains (or strains just named kush as well) that are all so damn bomb! Thats why I had to try n grow something way out like Pure Royal Kush because all those other Kush's (Hindu, OG, Bubba, Master) are all so common. Stay tuned bro!

Well, good news and bad news... ood news is my soil plants finally popped up yesterday and are doing well. Bad news is my mom had surgery (not bad thing, she needed it), and I have been proccupied with that, and I do work as well. So.... I let my seedlings dry up and one died:rip: I know... How could I??? But it happens. Two more are in the ICU and one took it and ran. Thats gonna be my little champion, hopefully female champion. I'll have pics soon. And I still have a question for anybody that wants to give opinion or give feedback from personal results. I want to do some topping/fim to them and some supercropping and lst as well. Which would be better to do first? LST/supercropping then top/fim, or top/fim then supercrop/LST?

hey 619er with all this heat we got going on in soCal right now its not a surprise that things are drying up. :surf:
As far as training techniques i have topped a plant once and was not a big fan of it. I have read from on other journals that it can reduce your yield. i have not fim or super cropped but i have done a bit of lsting and i like this technique it seems to be the least stressful way to get your canopy even or mostly even. if you check some of the pics from my second grow you can see what i mean.
good luck with your little ones. :Rasta:

hey 619er with all this heat we got going on in soCal right now its not a surprise that things are drying up. :surf:
As far as training techniques i have topped a plant once and was not a big fan of it. I have read from on other journals that it can reduce your yield. i have not fim or super cropped but i have done a bit of lsting and i like this technique it seems to be the least stressful way to get your canopy even or mostly even. if you check some of the pics from my second grow you can see what i mean.
good luck with your little ones. :Rasta:

You are not lying! Today and yesterday was in the low 90's and we usually don't get into the 90's much. Yea I did a quick run through your second grow and looks like lst did well for u. Since I have different strains and only one light I was thinkin to lst the kush(since it grows so short and bushy), and topping/fim the afghan trainwreck then lst(or lst then top/fim) since it's more a sativa and will try and outgrow the kush.

Well quick update on the seedlings, but no pics since they are still a bit camera shy and still recovering from a quick dry spell. One seedling is still in ICU, other one recovered quite well. My two soil cup sprouts are doing well. Will get pics up when my Internet starts working. Posting from my phone right now.

Are u doin DWC? i had a real problem bloomin with DWC so i switched to Ebb n Flow and every thing runs smooth. I like to FIM mine ill get a pic up this afternoon of mine . Maybe it does take away the yeald i dont see why since it makes more branches my baby looks like a bush or a hedge... cant wait to see ur pics ill try and get one up of my fim ones so u can see them:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom