70 year old builds grow room

billyran

Hi everyone I am 70 and been smoking since 1967. I live in Michigan and got a medical card and started growing 2 years ago in a 4x4 tent in the spare room. I found I love growing and now in the process of converting half my pole barn into a grow room 24x16 . l have no skills at this building part but with you tubes help and an understanding wife , I will get it done. So if you live in mid Michigan come on over we will smoke one and drive some nails along to classic rock

Welcome @billyran to :420:

While your a bit too far south for me to drop by, start yourself up a build journal/thread on here, and plenty of members will help out with advice or answer questions.

If you land up building it by yourself, you'll get we done eventually and have something to be proud of every time you open that door!

Hi everyone I am 70 and been smoking since 1967. I live in Michigan and got a medical card and started growing 2 years ago in a 4x4 tent in the spare room. I found I love growing and now in the process of converting half my pole barn into a grow room 24x16 . l have no skills at this building part but with you tubes help and an understanding wife , I will get it done. So if you live in mid Michigan come on over we will smoke one and drive some nails along to classic rock

If the C-19 wasn't screwing up the country, I'd drive out there for a visit and give you some help. It's a little warm here in Arizona right now, so anything cooler then 110 is heaven. Weed, driving some nails and classic rock sounds good to me.
Good luck.

AzLaker
:cool:

Welcome to the forum @billyran :welcome:

Damn :hmmmm: :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: you started smoking the year I was born :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: and I just turned 53 on the 8th :passitleft:

Welcome !!! That's going to be a hell of a grow room. Are you planning to use the sun as lighting or electric lights ?
I'm 59 & just built a small grow room in 1/2 of my shed. Turned out pretty good but the most I could do is 6 plants. I probably invested $2000 in that shed (1/2 of it on the grow area) between repairs, Insulation, Sealing every tiny crack & installing all my own electric. I did a journal on it mostly so I could look at the progress pics & sometimes I'd come up with better ways to do things that way. Looking forward to seeing some pics as you build.

:welcome: make sure to drop us some pictures and perhaphs a journal explaining your process!!

Going great , and no local help but I really didn't expect any. Even though we're a legal state I like to keep my grow low-key not many people know that I do.
But had a great week on the barn I got a lot done got my plants out of the tents they're under three of the lights and I have an electrician coming to 29th so good things are coming. Thanks for the interest.

Good to hear. I thought you might be going solo. Family or very close friends, is really your only option.
Once you get your juice all wired in, the sky is the limit.
Any pics of your set-up you care to share?

AzLaker
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom