Would like some advice on a growing location

hotkikx

I live in Michigan, i'm 18, and I have never grown marijuana for medicinal purposes ever and I hardly smoke. My parents both have medical cards but they don't grow or smoke anymore. Id like to set up a spot that is odor free and hidden from everyone. I live on a non-operational farm and I want to do it up in the loft of my barn. This seems to be the safest and definitely the most accessible spot for a grow. The problem is my dad hates the smell of weed and his "shop" is on the opposite side of the barn (the barn and shop are connected but they are separated by a wooden wall that you cant see through). This means I need to have an enclosed area (like a room or tent). The loft area does not have electricity but the shop does and im no electrician so I dont see a way to get electricity up there. I need it to be odor free and hidden from sight. I appreciate any tips or advice because id like to have an operation going a month from now. //also my dad has a building (with a new roof) in another that is non operational, no electricity, no locks on the doors, but is kinda in the middle of nowhere off a local highway and is well known by his workers.

If you're trying to hide your activities from your parent (aka "the property owner"), I doubt anyone here will offer to help, because no one should (his property, his rules, lol). If, OtOH, your Dad doesn't care that you're going to be growing cannabis on his property and just doesn't want to smell it, sit down and figure out how many amps you'll end up using, add a bit for a safety cushion (I suggest not going over 80% rated capacity if possible), ask him where there's an outlet on a 15-amp circuit (or two of them, if you decide you need that much electricity) that's otherwise unused that you can use to power your grow tent... and then buy an exhaust fan and carbon filter setup. That's what such things are for - preventing odor from escaping the grow space.

The property owner is not an issue anymore. I figured out that the other building that is pretty abandoned has a power room which is like 10 feet by 10 feet and like 20 ft tall. There is a window that faces east and its busted out exposed to the back yard. With some handy work I think I could make it weather proof and clean. There is no good water source so I figure im just gonna have to get some large gallon jugs from the store. My issue is the drops in cold nights and hot days up here in Michigan. Would it be better get some type of large insulated box or create more organic type plants? //I can post a video of the room im talking about

Welcome to 420!

What is the average temperature swing between night and day?

right now its like a weather vortex it goes from like sub zero some days and 40 degrees the next but thats because its winter. During the summer it goes from like 90 to 70 degrees at night. Its just very hot and hot humid during the summers and I wont have access to air conditioning.

Well,if you're going to start growing in 30 days,I'm guessing it's still gonna be pretty cold.
The heat from your lights MAY be enough to keep it livable in your grow area,But I think you may need a grow tent (or a large refrigerator box if you're cheap/poor like I am) so you don't lose all the heat to the rest of the room (2000sq ft. if your size estimate is correct)
I grow outside,and (in my opinion) 90 degrees is not that bad for daytime temps-but you will need a fan to keep the air moving,and plan on watering ALOT in those temps.

Ill go back and measure but that was my rough estimate. I plan on using a 2*2, 2*4 or 4*4 grow tent with 4 plants in a 3 gallon bucket and im wondering if the tent keeps the inside at a constant temperature or if im gonna have to figure out some type of insulation. Im trying to get the maximum yield out of these plants

Back
Top Bottom