8+ years growing still not 100%

Truee good point, although i heard making your own seeds along with stability of them takes time. knowing me ill make the genetics worse lol. but i didnt know u could get Reg Autos. thanks for that :high-five:
I bought a pack of short stuff reg autos from @True North Seed Bank, pollenated one plant & it dropped seeds & grew even bigger the next year. check my media for pics first year got 22 oz

Been growing almost 8 years myself and still learning. I struggled with curing for a long time but now I have it down pretty good. The colder the better and there’s a small window where your harvest could smell like hay so watch and sniff carefully lol. My current struggle is the seedling stage oddly enough. If I can get them past that stage I’m good. Temperature control in the winter months is also a big struggle. It seems like every thermostatically controlled heater I buy always seems to shut off at incorrect temps every time!

Been growing almost 8 years myself and still learning. I struggled with curing for a long time but now I have it down pretty good. The colder the better and there’s a small window where your harvest could smell like hay so watch and sniff carefully lol. My current struggle is the seedling stage oddly enough. If I can get them past that stage I’m good. Temperature control in the winter months is also a big struggle. It seems like every thermostatically controlled heater I buy always seems to shut off at incorrect temps every time!
I got a bunch of these , you can wire it up to a car warmer or heater that has no temp control
Warming mat

But for $20 why bother with regs is my opinion.

more potent. fems won't match under the same conditions over time.

cost effective. not so much for the home hobby. we ran regs when commercial cause we could control a lot more including breeding. which ties back in to more potent.

can run your own breeding which ties back to the first two points. only serious growers / breeders will run regs. the rest are simply hobbyists. won't matter how big you think you are.

professional reasons. regs are the gateway to working in the industry if you really want. no one takes you serious otherwise. only if you are a grower / breeder though. if you're gonna be a budtender no one gives a shit. it's like mcdonalds.

also most legal dispensaries are now concentrated on non-fem only or non-auto offerings.

expanding product line if you are a pro, and want to sell seed , all fems and autos are first developed through reg breeding.

yess the cure is always important and drying. i alwyas try for cold as possible, but theres never much air flow but everytime i pass il give them a push and let them swing and leave the window open depending on the weather.
And that small window for u... is that just before they get too dry, or there not drying enough ??
Thats strange about the thermos, i thopught theyed be more accurate. I had a wire in Thermo with a heat lamp that seemed ok and now i have a plug in one with a probe that work to the .1 C/F. but i never use them tbh. like this
s-l225.jpg

more potent. fems won't match under the same conditions over time.

cost effective. not so much for the home hobby. we ran regs when commercial cause we could control a lot more including breeding. which ties back in to more potent.

can run your own breeding which ties back to the first two points. only serious growers / breeders will run regs. the rest are simply hobbyists. won't matter how big you think you are.

professional reasons. regs are the gateway to working in the industry if you really want. no one takes you serious otherwise. only if you are a grower / breeder though. if you're gonna be a budtender no one gives a shit. it's like mcdonalds.

also most legal dispensaries are now concentrated on non-fem only or non-auto offerings.

expanding product line if you are a pro, and want to sell seed , all fems and autos are first developed through reg breeding.
So when u say more potent Bluter, do u mean Regs are ? in my mind that would just make more sence.
i look at it this way, look at dogs we bread now a days, some are more like cats, definitly not quite the 'Wolf' they use to be. so if we did that dogs, food, etc. im sure its similar with weed.
for example i always noticed with Wax/ concentrates is theyll say 99% THC, 00.1% CBD, 0.1% CBN etc. etc.
For me thats not what im looking for i like a lil bit of everything. cause i believe the best (not highest in thc, bud denesty) iv smoked with nice burn and flavour was probably roughly speaking no more then 20-22% THC and maby 2% CBD some CBN and the rest, that all in combination gave it that nice taste/ high. but saying that, thats when i was younger and didnt smoke quite as much either and for the most part was street/ imported stuff back in the early mid 2000s

So when u say more potent Bluter, do u mean Regs are ?

yes. it's simply a matter of being able to breed back in to the line you're running. a lot of larger growers do it. it happens without even trying, and it's cost effective. everyone has a tendency to breed plants that have desirable traits. it's not all about thc either.

i never ran an auto or a fem photo til about 15 yrs ago. i've only ever run them in a smaller personal grow as well. i'm a pretty big proponent of photo fems for the home grower actually.

Well my plan is to find a good strain i like of a Reg and see if i can notice a quality difference. if i do like it im going to train it and clone it, its a lil bit of work. but thats a fairly normal way to do it tho right.
I usually always have good success rates when growing from seed, rather then clones i find a lil harder. but saying that most haven been Fems and i red they become unstable when cloning.

i'm a pretty big proponent of photo fems for the home grower actually.
I would think so.. I remember sexing plants.. sometimes being lucky sometimes being very unlucky where already a lot of time was spent only to end up with loads of males.
And potency well that would pretty much depend on what you got as well if you are not breeding and selecting your strain properly it's hard to compete often with what you can get from a good seedhouse.
although you have me wondering now.. it's been ages since I've had psychedelic weed, where smoking would send me on a little trip with very intense vivid images in your minds eye, late 90's & early 00's were a lot of that.. smoke and if you'd close your eyes it be like woaaah what's going on here.. lets sit with that for a while.. and nope it wasn't laced or anything as it would happen with gardenweed or stuff from the coffeeshop. But now I'm wondering is there maybe some potency or terpene combo lost.. or is it habituation or ageing..

I only breed with regs and only once I am happy will I produce fems for market. I don't sell my regs and if I did they would be unaffordable to most. After working certain stains for over 20 years, releasing regs is like giving the genetics away. Nope.
But agree 100 percent, regs are the only way to breed properly.

I would think so.. I remember sexing plants.. sometimes being lucky sometimes being very unlucky where already a lot of time was spent only to end up with loads of males.

i'm still the absolute worst at sexing the plants. it's a good thing i used to work with a few people who were better at it than me. i did get a little better at it over the years. i have to take photos and enlarge them to check the pre-flowers.

I only breed with regs and only once I am happy will I produce fems for market. I don't sell my regs and if I did they would be unaffordable to most. After working certain stains for over 20 years, releasing regs is like giving the genetics away. Nope.
But agree 100 percent, regs are the only way to breed properly.

the best stuff all my friends grow are still regs they've worked with over the years. it still upsets me that we had lost our genetics when the grow shut.

Ahh man. That's a kak deal. If I had to lose the strains I've been working on, there will likely be no more pure African landraces left. It's possible someone has some lines, but unlikely that they are still pure since 1940's, as mine are.
I'd be devastated if I lost them.
I lost one incredible pheno of a KwaZulu landrace last year after 20 years and I am still sour about it. Luckily I have her offspring to work with but it's not the same .
Sorry for your loss Bluter.

It's possible someone has some lines, but unlikely that they are still pure since 1940's, as mine are
I would love to try that shit so bad just for that OG profile. i did see if im not mistaken, a strain hunters doc. of them in africa looking for the land race and collect so seeds. i wounder what they are strain wise or mainly Indica/sativa

yea i can imagine at this point in life. its cool to know it exists or existed in such a vast country at one point and some genetic trates could be in the weed we have today, like yourself that managed to keep what very little of the world may have of whats left, good job on that :high-five:
Black Friday deals are now on too folks in Barneys Seeds etc., just about to get some Jack Herrer Regs, i know i know, just get the Fem it will probably be the same outcome without the extra hassel lol. but im very intrested to see how i get on with them rergardless and there half price so i feel like im not losing as much.

Back
Top Bottom