A Grouchier Grow - LED 3Wx100 - Hempy - 9 Plants - 3 Strains - Lucas - Mainline

New name grouchy! Chettej is gone it's camo420grow now! Other name was a bit to much, I felt. But ok that makes perfect sense! Thank you for the explanation ! You always know how to explain things in a way that is understandable !

haha nice man! and thanks.
I try to break things down "barney style" as we used to call it in the military, meaning even though you don't always ask for everything I tell you, I cover every part of that subject because it eliminate the possible confusion. Its really hard to explain what you are trying to say through texting (i.e. computer, phone, instant msg) sometimes. Not to mention, hopefully there are some newbies that read and don't comment but still get that knowledge (the little I have) of what I'm explaining.
Cant wait for your journal! When about do you think you'll start? When you EAS? The next day maybe? :thumb::cheer::high-five::drool::adore::slide:

those plants are coming along nicely sir! and your set-up -- I'm a lil jeallous :)

will be interested to see what you think of that mars-hydro after a bit of use. I just got my galxyhydro today; so hoping it performs decently.

I was looking at your "tie downs" -- I can see how having a bucket / planter around the plant makes it nice and solid to anchor down. I've found that to be a PITA with my DWC res top, but will have to be something I address in my next grow.

keep up the great work

haha nice man! and thanks.
I try to break things down "barney style" as we used to call it in the military, meaning even though you don't always ask for everything I tell you, I cover every part of that subject because it eliminate the possible confusion. Its really hard to explain what you are trying to say through texting (i.e. computer, phone, instant msg) sometimes. Not to mention, hopefully there are some newbies that read and don't comment but still get that knowledge (the little I have) of what I'm explaining.
Cant wait for your journal! When about do you think you'll start? When you EAS? The next day maybe? :thumb::cheer::high-five::drool::adore::slide:

Sounds like a good nco in my books, how I try to teach my guys in the past, since becoming one. And makes a great journal too, for lurkers and subbed folks.

As far as my grow goes I won't be starting mine till 2016, so you'll probably be done with this grow before I even start :/ I'm just gathering as much info as I can till then. Also getting all my things for my grow sent to the house little by little so when I do get back I can start the grow :) I'll only have a month or so remaining before EAS, just extended 1 yr for a last tour. But I have to get a civ job as well, and discuss with the wife if we are gonna keep this a stealth grow or move to a complaint state. So we'll see how things go, as always since you've been there before and recommendations will be wonderful and much appreciated !

Camo

those plants are coming along nicely sir! and your set-up -- I'm a lil jeallous :)

will be interested to see what you think of that mars-hydro after a bit of use. I just got my galxyhydro today; so hoping it performs decently.

I was looking at your "tie downs" -- I can see how having a bucket / planter around the plant makes it nice and solid to anchor down. I've found that to be a PITA with my DWC res top, but will have to be something I address in my next grow.

keep up the great work

Hey, CoGreen! Thanks, man. I appreciate it!
Ya know? I'm really curious what the Reflector does for me too. I still don't know if its 3w or 5w but whatever. I guess we'll see what the American product does VS the Chinese product!
Sweet! I don't think I've ever seen a galaxy hydro grow. May I ask why you chose that light? I'm curious what drives other peoples reasons for buying/not buying certain products. After I write this I'm gonna cruise to your grow and check out the light.
I'm confused by your last sentence. The only PITA I know of is some good tortilla/bread. :thedoubletake: but yeah. I suppose fabric pots are good but it seems like it would make it harder to mainline or training in general.
Thanks again, man! :Namaste::high-five:

Sounds like a good nco in my books, how I try to teach my guys in the past, since becoming one. And makes a great journal too, for lurkers and subbed folks.

As far as my grow goes I won't be starting mine till 2016, so you'll probably be done with this grow before I even start :/ I'm just gathering as much info as I can till then. Also getting all my things for my grow sent to the house little by little so when I do get back I can start the grow :) I'll only have a month or so remaining before EAS, just extended 1 yr for a last tour. But I have to get a civ job as well, and discuss with the wife if we are gonna keep this a stealth grow or move to a complaint state. So we'll see how things go, as always since you've been there before and recommendations will be wonderful and much appreciated !

Camo

Thanks Camo! I barely made it to NCO just before I got out. In the marines, the infantry have just about the hardest time picking up corporal. But then again, they have more responsibility to compensate. I was an E-3 and was squad leader. Lots of responsibility for a LCpl but my guys were MOSTLY (there's always 1) smart grunts (if that's such a thing :rofl:) so that made my job a lot easier.

ANYWAY! military rant over lol.

After I harvest this grow, I won't be growing until the following summer because I'll be moving (locally) as I told you before. So, I'll be in the front seat of your grow! I'll have to have your grow keep me entertained while I'm not growing. But my next grow will hopefully be upgraded too because my ultimate goal is every time I harvest, to harvest 450g. So, basically, I want a pound a harvest. I think a 4x4 tent can give me that if I cram enough LEDs in there.
When people gathering your grow equipment, they always think the most important thing is lights and all the flashy cool stuff but just don't forget to buy 2 things first off... an ECM meter and a PH meter/tester. I noticed a big trend in new growers not having those 2 things until almost a month into their grow until they are finally convinced by other posters. I think these 2 meters are just as important as anything else in the grow.
But yeah man. that sounds like a plan to me! We might actually start a grow around the same time. My advice as far as EAS is have a civy job lined up. It really helps with the transition. And don't yell at too many people on your first day. Calling a coworker a "bag of a**" is not advised when you get your civilian job.... trust me... :rofl:
but you got my help if I can help! Thanks again, brother!

I'm not sure why stage but I found this hilarious :rofl::rofl:

Also, I see why its very important to keep the stress as low as possible when doing the early stages of mainlining (the first couple tops). Today is the 4 week point of veg. Am I lagging behind? I don't know to compare it with other peoples really. I feel like I have slow growth but this would only be due to topping and cutting leaves.
Any input? Are my plants where they should be at 4 weeks? Nugbuckets says this will delay the veg process about 2 weeks so I might be fine where I am.:Namaste:

Haha of course, in most cases when there is always one, I've seen 2 or 3 haha. But I do know in the Marines corporal is when leadership starts, unlike army at Sgt.

As far as my grow, can't wait to start and get my feet wet. Growing is one thing I've ALWAYS wanted to do. I'm even more excited to have you along the way to help and guide me. I do remember you saying this will be your last grow between moving and such. Man Grouchy I am going to follow everyone of your grows, so I hope you keep journals along the way. I would love to make it to 450g a harvest ! I will most likely follow suite on just about everything you do as well. Moving to a 4x4 tent some day, I have a 32x32x63 sitting at home now just as a starter tent.

I do plan on getting a nice ECM & PH meter. Planning on getting a miluwakee handheld one.

I do have 2 jobs lined up & apps in, I just hope I'm back in time to go thru the hiring process. Haha :) I know I have to not use military language in the real world ! Thanks for all your support and I honestly may be coming to you in PM for some guidance.

And I think the plants look great, awesome training !

Haha of course, in most cases when there is always one, I've seen 2 or 3 haha. But I do know in the Marines corporal is when leadership starts, unlike army at Sgt.

As far as my grow, can't wait to start and get my feet wet. Growing is one thing I've ALWAYS wanted to do. I'm even more excited to have you along the way to help and guide me. I do remember you saying this will be your last grow between moving and such. Man Grouchy I am going to follow everyone of your grows, so I hope you keep journals along the way. I would love to make it to 450g a harvest ! I will most likely follow suite on just about everything you do as well. Moving to a 4x4 tent some day, I have a 32x32x63 sitting at home now just as a starter tent.

I do plan on getting a nice ECM & PH meter. Planning on getting a miluwakee handheld one.

I do have 2 jobs lined up & apps in, I just hope I'm back in time to go thru the hiring process. Haha :) I know I have to not use military language in the real world ! Thanks for all your support and I honestly may be coming to you in PM for some guidance.

And I think the plants look great, awesome training !

We'll probably start our grow around the same time next year! Hopefully you start yours sooner than that but if not then we can ride this train down to pound town (not that kind of pound town... :goof:). You're about to start a whole new damn journey man.

Even when you get a bigger tent down the road, you could always use this smaller tent as a mother tent for clones.
I would like to get a PH meter eventually but I use the General Hydroponics PH test kit. It has always worked for me so if it aint broke, don't fix it I guess.
Nice about the jobs! hopefully you are back in time hahaha wouldn't that be some s***?
PM anytime man! I'm here!:)

Hey, CoGreen! Thanks, man. I appreciate it!
Ya know? I'm really curious what the Reflector does for me too. I still don't know if its 3w or 5w but whatever. I guess we'll see what the American product does VS the Chinese product!
Sweet! I don't think I've ever seen a galaxy hydro grow. May I ask why you chose that light? I'm curious what drives other peoples reasons for buying/not buying certain products. After I write this I'm gonna cruise to your grow and check out the light.
I'm confused by your last sentence. The only PITA I know of is some good tortilla/bread. :thedoubletake: but yeah. I suppose fabric pots are good but it seems like it would make it harder to mainline or training in general.
Thanks again, man! :Namaste::high-five:

haha... PITA = Pain In The Ass

I chose the galxyhydro LED light because:
- Price; not a whole lot more than marshydro.
- Reviews; amazon showed pretty good reviews on the unit.
- Availability; I knew it was shipping from the US, so I could get it quickly.
- Support; I read they have good support based in the US.

I also wanted to try a diff brand; IMO it's good exposure to try different products for future purchase decisions.

Here's the exact light I got BTW:
71jxpqP_D9L_SL1500_.jpg

BTW -- I can't comment on if you're "behind where you're supposed to be" since I have little experience; I don't even remember what my plants looked like at that stage (without looking at my journal). But as we both know this mainlining takes some practice and timing to minimize veg time.

Remind me -- do you have another topping to do on your plants or are do the have the number of mains you want?

Haha I know what you mean grouchy, and would love to go to pound town with you! Hopefully with your guidance I can get a monster first harvest! That would be AWESOME :) very excited that at a minimum we will be starting a grow around the sametime.

But I know brother I can't wait to start this journey glad to have friends like you to help and be a reference, someone I can come to who has made the transition ! But one Main thing depending on my grow is seeds, I'm gonna order from herbies, they seem the best and hope they get thru to the house.

Camo,
Ultimately light choices revolve around budget.:Namaste:
That being said, watts are only part of the story. Par is what I hear matters most.

:passitleft:
My 2 cents.

Good luck and green peace.

haha... PITA = Pain In The Ass

I chose the galxyhydro LED light because:
- Price; not a whole lot more than marshydro.
- Reviews; amazon showed pretty good reviews on the unit.
- Availability; I knew it was shipping from the US, so I could get it quickly.
- Support; I read they have good support based in the US.

I also wanted to try a diff brand; IMO it's good exposure to try different products for future purchase decisions.

Here's the exact light I got BTW:
71jxpqP_D9L_SL1500_.jpg

BTW -- I can't comment on if you're "behind where you're supposed to be" since I have little experience; I don't even remember what my plants looked like at that stage (without looking at my journal). But as we both know this mainlining takes some practice and timing to minimize veg time.

Remind me -- do you have another topping to do on your plants or are do the have the number of mains you want?

Did you get the 3w model or the 5w? That's a hell of a price especially if its based out of the US (their support anyway). I've honestly never done research into the Galaxy Hydro. I think I'll have to! That's a pretty badass light but there's one thing I couldn't find. How many actual watts does it pull from the wall? Those are some pretty good reasons for choosing that LED though. I bet you'll be happy.
My plants are currently at 4 tops each but I'm waiting til they get bigger to top them again because I feel like I'm being really impatient and keep messing with them. I don't want to delay the veg cycle anymore than I need to. Not all of my plants are at the same level of growth though. Since there is 3 strains, they are all growing at different rates which I'm kind of glad because I get to practice with different types of strains. My hope is that I'll be savvy enough with mainlining that I'll be able to choose a strain I want that I can easily manage. I'll probably do an update this weekend with pics. They'll be different enough to see a difference of growth from last pics.

Haha I know what you mean grouchy, and would love to go to pound town with you! Hopefully with your guidance I can get a monster first harvest! That would be AWESOME :) very excited that at a minimum we will be starting a grow around the sametime.

But I know brother I can't wait to start this journey glad to have friends like you to help and be a reference, someone I can come to who has made the transition ! But one Main thing depending on my grow is seeds, I'm gonna order from herbies, they seem the best and hope they get thru to the house.

What Stage said about PAR and Watts is true. The PAR is what you want to base your decision on with LEDs. I realize price is a factor but you said you want a quality light. The spectrum is also important. A good diode can focus better on specific wavelengths meaning you aren't using power (watts) for wavelengths the plant doesn't use. There is about a million other factors that play a role in LED selection. Ultimately, it comes down to you.
Is it worth the extra money to have a product you know will last for many grows with good customer service?

Is it worth sacrificing PAR and spectral output for a product that's cheap in price that if breaks, you wont have a problem replacing (money wise)?
My personal opinion is if you don't take shortcuts, and get top shelf products, you'll minimize the possibility of stress during your grow by not having to deal with faulty equipment. Either way, you'll do fine.

Camo,
Ultimately light choices revolve around budget.:Namaste:
That being said, watts are only part of the story. Par is what I hear matters most.

:passitleft:
My 2 cents.

Right on, brotherman. :hippy:

Thanks Grouchy for the co-sign.:high-five:

I agree with you grouchy, and I sure hope it doesnt come back to bite you. I'm sure it won't considering there are many other people with journals who use marshydro & they have been successful. Like I'm sure you will be, then again I do have another 3 months or so before my grow will be starting so I have time to research more. The main thing I'm going to do is follow your grow and some others who use MarsHydro and see how it goes. I'll be around for your entire grow and harvest and get your 2 cents at the of the grow on exactly which one you liked better !

hey so I was totally wrong about galaxyhydro -- they are out of China... -1 for me! I posted their warranty on my grow journal if you're interested. sorry about the mis-info man, I'm officially dumb! :)

they say the galaxyhydro 300 I got pulls 140W(±5%).

in regards to your current veg state -- I think you are ahead of where I was in mainlining. IIRC I did my last topping (to 8 mains per plant) at about 6 weeks from seed... seems like you might get your last topping at 4-5 weeks?

hey so I was totally wrong about galaxyhydro -- they are out of China... -1 for me! I posted their warranty on my grow journal if you're interested. sorry about the mis-info man, I'm officially dumb! :)

they say the galaxyhydro 300 I got pulls 140W(±5%).

in regards to your current veg state -- I think you are ahead of where I was in mainlining. IIRC I did my last topping (to 8 mains per plant) at about 6 weeks from seed... seems like you might get your last topping at 4-5 weeks?

well that's unfortunate but that doesn't necessarily mean their customer service is not good. But hopefully you'll never have to find out.

funny you should say that because I actually just topped them. I'm uploading pics as I type so stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom