A new build is on the way! Need your advice

idf420

Hi all,

First of all i want to say big THANK YOU to @bluter and @VetSmoke85 for helping and inspiring me to build a new light, so thank you guys!.

and now for the build, it will be 65-70W grow light, the space is 65x45x180 cm so its around 0.3 sqr m.
I've chosen to go with Bridgelux led bars just because i know the brand and I've read around that their bars a pretty efficient. (would love to hear from you about other options that there is..)
sa
here is what I am thinking to use for my build :

Capture.JPG

what do you guys think?

P.S

i was wandering if the difference in the price between the 2 bars really worth it ?

i have no advice to give but i am completely interested in a diy light bar build. :thanks:

just found this,, perhaps you know,,

i have no advice to give but i am completely interested in a diy light bar build. :thanks:

just found this,, perhaps you know,,

thanks man, @VetSmoke85 build looks awesome.. cant wait to see his harvest results :)

Hey bud. Looks good to me. Lessons learned from my build is to probably get the B type driver and attach an external dimmer. The Gen 3 series has a slightly better efficacy but I don't know enough about it all to say whether that's worth the extra cost. With 10 of the Gen 2 strips you'd have a range of 68-147W if you have them on a heatsink. You'd never need that much but could be useful if you ever expand the grow space. That's my plan if I get a bigger space one day, add two more strips and mount them on a heatsink. From what I've gathered reading for my project is that if you're driving the Gen 2 strips at nominal current then the efficiency to price of strip is bang on. If you drive them harder they're not so good. Can't wait to see what you go for and your layout.

Not sure if you'd need a different driver with the Gen 3 strips actually. Not sure on the C1400 but the C700 minimum V output is 107V. So it would be pushing more than needed which might not be ideal. Or just add 1 more strip.

Not sure if you'd need a different driver with the Gen 3 strips actually. Not sure on the C1400 but the C700 minimum V output is 107V. So it would be pushing more than needed which might not be ideal. Or just add 1 more strip.
i was looking on the c1050 for the gen 3... its cc region is 72-143 V

Back
Top Bottom