Accidentally split the stem in flowering - Any hope?

beelzeboss

hey i accidentally broke the stem...
is there any chance that something good will come out of it or is it just wasting time and i should just kill it? and how bad can it affect her flowers taste and/or potency?

u tried holding them together as best i could.. so far it seems to work... the brenches s aren't dying...

full
full
full

Use some tape and tape it back up the best you can. They are quite good at healing themselves. As long as they don't turn wilty and die you should be fine. For whatever reason I was quite clumsey on my last grow and broke 2 of my plants. I had tightened the LST straps down pretty hard and then went to move them by grabbing the edge of the pot rather than the handles. The little extra tension split them right at 2 of the major branches. Both finished out without any issues.

Use some tape and tape it back up the best you can. They are quite good at healing themselves. As long as they don't turn wilty and die you should be fine. For whatever reason I was quite clumsey on my last grow and broke 2 of my plants. I had tightened the LST straps down pretty hard and then went to move them by grabbing the edge of the pot rather than the handles. The little extra tension split them right at 2 of the major branches. Both finished out without any issues.
almost the same thing happened..
from what i can see the plant is recovering but the broken parts aren't sticking back to each other... meaning that the only thing holding them in place is this wire
that's my main concern

After harvest I removed the tape to see what it did. The two split pieces did not "stick" back together and heal like a broken bone, rather they calloused over the split piece of stem. The tape really just helped hold things upright until the plant healed enough to support itself.

After harvest I removed the tape to see what it did. The two split pieces did not "stick" back together and heal like a broken bone, rather they calloused over the split piece of stem. The tape really just helped hold things upright until the plant healed enough to support itself.

The tape also acts like a Bandage for humans, helps keep out disease until it can form a skin to protect itself. I've found the black electrical tape works best as it's sorta flexible and if done in early stages it can stretch a bit with the plant as it grows.

Back
Top Bottom