AeroGarden Part Two - Featuring TopLED Reflector Series 96x3w

Lady,

Not under developed at all. What I'm finding out is the various different strains and pheno's (I think that's correct) they will look different. That was only week 3 and I was questioning why she looked like a beast. I was calmed by others and proceeded on. By the way the introduction of the trellis (netting) was too early and I have since removed it. See my reply to one of your post as to when to introduce the netting. And as always one of my favorite SME's provided some input.

Renegade

O.K That is good to know about the different strains and pheno's. My first try I did trees. NEVER agin will I grow like that. For me it was a wast of time with out running vertical lighting.

I don't know what SME is? I am going to switch to wire after I get my plants into 10 gal pots and was thinking about a two or three week training then going to 12/12. My goal is 200 colas. But for 10 plants it should not be that difficult. Ill go for more if I have the room. My tent is 4x8. Thank you for the advice :)

Sorry, I'm an old Army dog. SME (Subject Matter Expert). And your doing a soil grow?

Sorry, I'm an old Army dog. SME (Subject Matter Expert). And your doing a soil grow?

Yes, soil ocean forest. I was using TGA basic but my pockets are not so deep. Got it the SME now :loopy: LOL and kind nutrients

Where's these leaf tips you was talking about?

Teldren,

My pics are out of place but look at this one....
IMG_0755_800x598_.jpg
IMG_0754_800x598_.jpg

Just a couple and I've already clipped them off.

I'm figuring something in the water...LOL. Or not in. I think it may be either the temp or the nute's. Nutes being to strong for one plant and temp stays in the area of the low 80's. Now the roots look good. White with hairs growing off the sides of them all. 1 gallon res with 1 plant.

Whatcha think?

Renegade

Are you doing a west coast master Technique? Just wondering from the language you used :)

Not sure what language you speak of...LOL. I'm a transplant from Mass.

Also the question above this one about how did I get this AG to work....with a little help from my friends here on 420...LOL. I did tons of reading before I ever begin and then I just wanted to see if it was possible. Especially since there were a lot of doubting Thomas's who said it couldn't be done. But really, check out my completed journal on my first go. You'll see where I got my inspiration from. I think I failed because I used the AG nute's. That is really the only thing I did different this time. Today I pop'd over to the AG web site and they are now offering it in a LED model...go figure...LOL.

LED's are the new "Black"....LOL.

Renegade

Slight fert burn prolly. I used to do all hydro many years ago but now in dirt. I am probably not the best adviser on this one so hopefully a hydro'er can give some imput.

Slight fert burn prolly. I used to do all hydro many years ago but now in dirt. I am probably not the best adviser on this one so hopefully a hydro'er can give some imput.

Teldren,

At least I feel good about my thinking. It just makes sense. Gonna pull back on the nutes on the next change out.

Thanks Man,

Renegade

Also the question above this one about how did I get this AG to work....with a little help from my friends here on 420...LOL. I did tons of reading before I ever begin and then I just wanted to see if it was possible. Especially since there were a lot of doubting Thomas's who said it couldn't be done. But really, check out my completed journal on my first go. You'll see where I got my inspiration from. I think I failed because I used the AG nute's. That is really the only thing I did different this time. Today I pop'd over to the AG web site and they are now offering it in a LED model...go figure...LOL.

Renegade

cool I will do that. Here is a link that helped me that KingJohnC posted for me.
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
in regards to what looked like leaf curling down to me.

Renegade

It is a growing method that uses North, East,South and west then all the areas in between for the other branches. They spread the plant out like a scrog. But one plant covers a 4x4 area and they get a pound or more per a plant. It is a cool growing technique. I was going to try it then I decided to do the chicken wire and still use the scrog.

It is a growing method that uses North, East,South and west then all the areas in between for the other branches. They spread the plant out like a scrog. But one plant covers a 4x4 area and they get a pound or more per a plant. It is a cool growing technique. I was going to try it then I decided to do the chicken wire and still use the scrog.

Ah...lol. And I thought I was doing something different. But yea seems that is what I'm attempting. Lower 4 laterals at the 4 points all the uppers laterals as fillers. I was going to pull them in a clockwise direction but may change my mind. Becoming to time consuming. But pulling the laterals out to at least 3 or 4 nodes then letting them grow up. Once that happens I'll put the trellis back in. I'll keep her to about 10-12".

As you can see she's been topped...

Renegade

I don't see any nute burn
Happy Skunkday Renegade :thumb:

Thanks Cronic, just a few leaf tips. Maybe 3 or 4 of them. The pic doesn't show it well enough and I've since clipped them.

Thinking on cutting back the nutes but now that I've topped her I probably shouldn't since the energy is now transfered to the lower laterals right? They will be sucking up the nutes faster now?

And I think it was you who said not to worry about the speed to which she's growing because once I do top her the lower branches will pick up speed. I'm seeing a consideral difference since I topped her last night.

Cutting the lights back tonight. My schedule will be a modified schedule. Since I have to manually turn the lights off on the AG I will do so any where from 6-8 hour light out. Based on how late I'm up. And back on in the morning when I wake. That will be every morning at 0600hrs. MY sleep schedule is to bed anywhere from 2200 on. Up at 0530. So turning them on at 0600 is a garentee. I can't put the AG on a timer because it also kills the power to the pump.

Happy SkunkDay to you too...lol.

Renegade

they sell power strip timers where one side of the strip is on the timer and the other side is always on

Hey R69

Just to clarify on last nights comment.

I've found my plants are at their limit on the nute strength when the tips

of the leaves turn yellow. As long as this gets no more serious, then you've found

your ideal nute strength for the strain. You can back off a little if you wish,

but I've not found that necessary. It does't seem detrimental to me to continue with

that strength for the rest of the grow. Tapering down of course during the flower period.

Hope this helps.

The yellowing tips on your leaves is a sign of nutrient burn and your nutrient strength should be slightly reduced.

Thanks King... Gonna make that adjustment on the next res change out.

Is this a result of only one plant feeding out of the res? Things should be different as I add more plants to the grow right? The more plants to more the nute's get used up?

Renegade

Hey R69

Just to clarify on last nights comment.

I've found my plants are at their limit on the nute strength when the tips

of the leaves turn yellow. As long as this gets no more serious, then you've found

your ideal nute strength for the strain. You can back off a little if you wish,

but I've not found that necessary. It does't seem detrimental to me to continue with

that strength for the rest of the grow. Tapering down of course during the flower period.

Hope this helps.

Brassic,

Yes, extremely helpful. It's only a few tips and it's something new that I'm just starting to see it and wanted to ask early. Right now I'm just clipping the tips when I find them.

I'm using GH's FloraSeries nute's and going by their recommendations and looks like they do taper off towards the end.

Thanks again for you input.

Renegade

Back
Top Bottom