AeroGarden Part Two - Featuring TopLED Reflector Series 96x3w

Awesome haircut my friend, great going indeed! :)

My man...LOL. Looking over your shoulder bro.

Quick question... Assuming we are topping, is there a height to length of lateral ratio? This is after all a hydro system and doesn't support the plant as well as soil. Based on this question I was thinking of securing her based to the anchor spots. I'll probably top her as soon as I get another full set of laterals to train. Gonna keep the top to about 8" to allow for the laterals to grow. Input?

And OBTW... I'm going LED next grow. Already got a set picked out that's perfect for my size cabinet. TopLED Reflector Series. I love the size of the one your using on the 4th journal.

We are all watching and waiting...lol.

Wish I could enjoy it with you...lol. Hell we all wish we could enjoy it with you. Soon enough I'll have my own to enjoy...lol.

Renegade

Hey buddy :) Ok yep extra support is a good thing! On the ratio bit its all strain and environment dependant. With my girl that won POTY she would have been taller by a few inches. Yet I bent her entire main stem and snaked horizontally. Not saying you need to do that lol just saying you can fit the plant anyway you want. Once you have topped, pretty much all energy shifts to bushing out as it were! :) Then just train limbs out and tuck fans behind when possible! :)

I just picked up a 96*3 and 900 watt Mars2, boy are they bright. I think you will be happy man.

Blazin I'm a little green right now...LOL. Listening to all the SME's out here about LED technology makes me want to scrap this grow and begin the next one. But I'll see it through. Still got some learning to get under my belt anyway. But I am going to start purchasing my things now so there's no delay when I do scrap this. Gonna get my LED's within the next week and just look at them and drool...LOL. And my dam seeds starting coming in...LOL.

Blazin I'm a little green right now...LOL. Listening to all the SME's out here about LED technology makes me want to scrap this grow and begin the next one. But I'll see it through. Still got some learning to get under my belt anyway. But I am going to start purchasing my things now so there's no delay when I do scrap this. Gonna get my LED's within the next week and just look at them and drool...LOL. And my dam seeds starting coming in...LOL.

Lol you wont look at them and drool, you will put them to work after plugging them in to use them. My god the 900 is bright! its to big for your application but even the 96*3 left me seeing spots when i wasnt even looking right at it. who know's maybe the AG can be your new clone station!

Hey buddy :) Ok yep extra support is a good thing! On the ratio bit its all strain and environment dependant. With my girl that won POTY she would have been taller by a few inches. Yet I bent her entire main stem and snaked horizontally. Not saying you need to do that lol just saying you can fit the plant anyway you want. Once you have topped, pretty much all energy shifts to bushing out as it were! :) Then just train limbs out and tuck fans behind when possible! :)

I feel like we're all fam here...LOL.

Gonna do the support thing this weekend, thanks. "Topping and energy shift"...got it. So I just need to be patient. And be patient with me on the bending. I did look at Tutt and not sure I got it understood but will cross that bridge when I get to it.

She is coming along good though. My OCD wants to move on...been looking at tooooo many pics and journals.

Thanks again for the input my Brotha...

Oh and I did have a question that I asked on one of the other journals so I'll ask it here on my own....

Light cycle. Been running 24 hour cycle since seeds pop'd. Was gonna run 24 for an 8 week run. Now I'm bored and want to cut back the lights now. Input please...

IMG_0749_800x598_.jpg
IMG_0750_800x598_.jpg
IMG_0752_800x598_.jpg

Lol you wont look at them and drool, you will put them to work after plugging them in to use them. My god the 900 is bright! its to big for your application but even the 96*3 left me seeing spots when i wasnt even looking right at it. who know's maybe the AG can be your new clone station!

Yep, my thoughts exactly on the AG. Gotta find a small hydro setup that will handle 6 plants easily and fit in my cabinet. Taking the top cubbie off this weekend....yea, yea anxious...LOL. Just prep'in. That will give me an overall height of 24", plenty of room to work in.

And your right about the 96*3...I'll leave it in the box...not even gonna open it up...LOL....yea right...LOL.

18/6 Happy Thurweed day Renegade :thumb:

Whats crackin Cronic,

Happy Friweed????....lol. Haven't figured out your "Happy's" yet....lol.

Thanks for the advise....cutting back the lights this weekend when I top her. So that will be 4 weeks on a 24 hour cycle.

Question..... What's your light cycle? From start to finish? And does it translate to hydro?

Renegade

Both 18/6 and 24/0 are excepted veg cycles for any method of growing. I have ran 24 then switched to 18/6 towards end of veg. I did it with my big girl at mo Gitt. No adverse reactoon at all.
I use 24 on cycle to help stunt girls, although when you then flip to 12/12 from 24, you get more stretch than a girl done under 18/6. Hope that all makes sense! :)

Yep.... Topping and cutting back this weekend. I'll post pics on Sunday.

my veg time is short 3 weeks veg on 18/6 then 12/12 for bloom
Happy Freeweed day Renegade and a Chronic Weekend to you man :thumb:

my veg time is short 3 weeks veg on 18/6 then 12/12 for bloom
Happy Freeweed day Renegade and a Chronic Weekend to you man :thumb:

Chronic,

So the only real benefit of an extended 24 hour veg time is to keep the plant short? More energy at the top till I top her? Then energy transfers to the laterals?

Which may be the case for my situation.

Taking notes.

Very confident on my next grow.

Thanks Man. Happy Freeweed and Chronic weekend to you too my brother...

Renegade

Ordered my Bubblephonics6 today...my LED's are next...LOL.

ive never tried 24/0 so I wouldn't know what the real benefits are all I know is in nature it has a dark period to do things it doesn't do in during the day like us humans not all genetics are from places with 24 hrs of light
so in their natural habitat they have night, dark period is when the roots grow more too from what I understand
more root more fruit

ive never tried 24/0 so I wouldn't know what the real benefits are all I know is in nature it has a dark period to do things it doesn't do in during the day like us humans not all genetics are from places with 24 hrs of light
so in their natural habitat they have night, dark period is when the roots grow more too from what I understand
more root more fruit

Lesson learned. I think Light was telling me that 24 hour period produces shorter plants. The theory you speak makes sense. Darkness makes the plant grow because it's looking for the light. Thus bigger growth? I think...lol. Still going to cut back on my veg stage. I want to see her grow.

Renegade

well its not necessarily looking for light in the dark
theres other things at play when the lights go out
other auxins and hormones at work
the intake of co2 stops and they intake o2
etc..

I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants give at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

Back
Top Bottom