First Grow! - Aerogarden Ultra With Mars Reflector 48 Using CK Dwarf Low Flyer

Day 57 update; 57 days from germination of the seed - 59 days including germination. Chop Chop day. I started with just the main colas this morning and 2 side branches. I took a break and then after lunch knocked out the rest of it. 5 hours in total of chopping, trimming and hanging. What a learning experience! The trimming was some serious work, and I still have more sugar leaf to trim off before it gets jarred. The yield, wet, is much higher than I was expecting. I should end up with about 2oz of nuggets after they dry out. The sugar leaf and popcorn pile is enormous. I still have 2 untrimmed branches to deal with tomorrow, which may add 10g to the bud pile.

IMG_293813.JPG
IMG_293717.JPG
IMG_293617.JPG
IMG_292911.JPG
IMG_293211.JPG
IMG_293315.JPG
IMG_293511.JPG

I removed everything from the tent except for the main fan and carbon filter and a smaller fan stacked up about 2ft on bricks to provide some very light airflow. Chiller controller, variable fan speed controller, aerogarden, lights, pumps, aerovoir auto top off and all other grow accessories are already boxed up and ready to move.

Spent another 2 hours tonight breaking everything down and cleaning the Aerogarden.

IMG_294012.JPG
IMG_294111.JPG
IMG_294213.JPG

I couldn't believe it, but roots on plant #1 had tunneled into the drip system and had made a while other network of roots that I hadn't seen - and wouldn't have, without taking the system apart.

IMG_293915.JPG

I got the rest of the bud hung back inside of the tent and also placed both bags of smokeable popcorn and also the sugar leaf/popcorn bag back into the tent, as well. Both bags are evenly dispersed so bud's aren't touch each other.

IMG_294313.JPG
IMG_294512.JPG
IMG_294610.JPG
IMG_294810.JPG
IMG_29498.JPG
IMG_295314.JPG

Massive congratulations CMJ.

:yahoo: :party:

:passitleft:

Thank you, very much! I wish I had time on my side to give another week or so to allow the buds to get a bit more dense and full, but the time had come. I've learned a lot on my first grow and already have plans to apply my knowledge to the next project. The seeds I have currently are......Nirvana's Auto Bubblelicious, Auto Speed Bud by Female Seeds, Big Bang Auto by Green House Seeds, Sweety Automatic by Blimburn Seeds and also a photperiod Mango by Blimburn Seeds.

I took the non smokeable popcorn and sugarleaf trimmings out of the tent and vacuum sealed for freezing. I have bubble bags on the way and will be doing bubble has with that instead of butter. I have nearly 100 grams of trimmings and popcorn buds, so I may get 3 grams of hash from that. Will document that process, as well.

Thanks, all! After 2 full days of drying, the buds came down for a little bit more trimming and they seem to be sufficiently dry - even on the inner parts - to go into the jars for curing. I labeled 3 x quart mason jars with A, B and C for the different grades of bud that were harvested. There's also a small tupperware container filled with smokeable popcorn buds, but I really think I'll just end up using that to make some butter.

The A buds are bigger in size and more mature, having about 20% amber trichomes on them the day before harvest. They're much more full and dense than the other buds, when holding them up to the light the only light coming through is on the outer edges where my amateur trim work shows.

IMG_296810.JPG

The B buds are basically smaller than the A buds, most are equally dense but smaller in size. The outer part of these buds is wispy with lots of hairs.

The C buds are by far the largest ammount from the harvest. Most of these came off of the lower part of the main colas. The size of most of the buds is between popcorn and thumb sized.

The tupperware container has smokeable popcorn, but I yielded enough to turn this into a pile dedicated to making a stick of butter or two.

IMG_296710.JPG
IMG_29709.JPG

All of my equipment has been packed and boxed up for the move, ready to come back to life in about 6 weeks. I really wish I had more time to let these buds fill out more, I'm a bit sad looking at how much is in the C jar and the tupperware. If I had another 2 weeks I probably would have had 2 A jars. It just got to a point where the work of barricading the office with boxes each morning and disassembling each night, combined with the fear of discovery by future occupants/realtors was too much. In a few weeks though, that won't be a concern and I can see the plant through the peak maturity.

IMG_295718.JPG
IMG_29718.JPG

The bud is starting to smell less plant/grass like and more weedy. 62% Boveda 2-way humidity packs are in the jars and I'll be burping twice a day for the next week. Get that chlorophyl gone and bring out more of that sweet and skunky smell!

Damn that dried fast. I did one grow in the Aerogarden and then switched to Fox Farm soil and a Mars 300 but I'm about to get the Reflector 48. Did you use the light with both switches on?

Joe

What was the final weight?

Final weight for the A + B + C jars is 59 grams, dry. The smokeable popcorn tupperware is about 10 grams. The sugarleaf and small popcorn weight is about 100grams, wet, and is in the freezer currently. I'll get some pics of the individual buds in the A and B jars as the curing progresses. They're so sugar coated, the pictures don't do justice for the ammount of trichomes covering the nuggets.

Congrats CMJ, you did it! From seed to smoke, hope your 4/20 celebration will be adorned with some fresh homegrown nugs. Way to go buddy :high-five: keep us posted on your next attempt.

KiG brother :green_heart:cheers

Thanks, Snid! I appreciate your support during the grow, and I learned some good tricks from your journal to employ on my next grow. Looking forward to continuing to watch your girls finish up flowering!

Sample some from the "A" jar for 420 today and what a great mellow high. Body feels a bit magnetized, with any seating surface seemingly magnetized, as well. Mentally, things are clear, but what a nice body bake. The size was about the size of an eraser head in a large bubbler. Taste and smell still isn't there, lots of chlorophyl left to break down.

you could look into slow curing.

I cured my acapulco gold for 6 weeks and the odors and smooth smoke are A+++

Chlorophyll continues breaking down during the cure unless you end the cure early by going too dry.

V:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom