Afghan Cheese Micro Grow from Seed

Alrighty i got a fan to keep air flowin in there. Just a temporary setup tho nothing special. Grabbed some veg formula and pots so im ready for #1 & 2 to be ready. Im thinking i might only be able to fit 2 plants in my area :-/. I was hoping for 3 but i guess 2 outdoor will be fine too. Still working on building a frame for my scrog. Pictures at some point ill wait a few days so i can have a big show and tell.

nvm...i can't find it, either way, first you need a 12v DC power adapter (radio shack) and cut the ends of the wires about a 1/4 in way down to expose the metal part of the wire, attach appropriately ( black with black, red with red) don't worry, if wired wrong it simply won't work, if wired correctly it will! lol plug in and voila

OH MAN! thank you! i knew it was something like that i just didnt know what to attach it too! lol cuz i didnt have a power supply. But im just gonna grab a bigger one i know my dad has some i just gotta get him to give me one lol. But itll be the same concept so thank you for the instructions if i can +reps for the help!

Now its time to upload some pics lol i couldnt wait

Snapped a few pics this morning before i turned the fan and extra light on. Hopefully 3 & 4 sprout soon. I'm getting a little concerned :-/.. But anyway on with the show! Thanks for checkin in, Keep it Lit folks!:tokin:

BBC_1_Day_9.JPG

BBC_1_Day_9_2_.JPG

BBC_2_Day_9.JPG

BBC_2_Day_9_2_.JPG

BBC_2_Day_9_3_.JPG

there are two other ways you can get your seeds going, one is the shot glass method, pour some distilled water into a shot glass, pop in your beaners, and cover with a darker cup so light doesn't get in, leave somewhere warm for 24-48 hrs if they sink, they're viable and will grow, they'll even start to grow a tap root.

the second method is the wet paper towel (my fav.) place your seeds into 3-4 sheets of moist paper towel all folded nicely (be sure to space the seeds so they're roots dont get tangled) and place in a ziplock bag, leave on ur cable box, behind the fridge, radiator etc and 3-4 days later, nice long strong healthy tap roots and then some, place in soil/water/perlite w/e and enjoy the show..sorry for blabbing, i just love growing :Rasta:

there are two other ways you can get your seeds going, one is the shot glass method, pour some distilled water into a shot glass, pop in your beaners, and cover with a darker cup so light doesn't get in, leave somewhere warm for 24-48 hrs if they sink, they're viable and will grow, they'll even start to grow a tap root.

the second method is the wet paper towel (my fav.) place your seeds into 3-4 sheets of moist paper towel all folded nicely (be sure to space the seeds so they're roots dont get tangled) and place in a ziplock bag, leave on ur cable box, behind the fridge, radiator etc and 3-4 days later, nice long strong healthy tap roots and then some, place in soil/water/perlite w/e and enjoy the show..sorry for blabbing, i just love growing :Rasta:

Youre not babbling! Lol i appreciate the input! I had germinated them in towels until their roots showed and i put them in the rockwool in soil with dome over them and they started to grow toward the top of the soil but they to seem to have stopped :-/. :tokin:

Welp bad news today... Lost #'s 3 & 4 just like i suspected. With added perlite to soil it just dried up too quickly. Plus with all 4 lights and without adequate ventilation they both showed signs of just withering up. But its okay i got 2 and thats fine for my grow space plus i can always cut clones.

Im sorry i failed miserably with my afghan cheese seeds. Only 1 seedling left standing. But!! I am definitely more prepared now and ive begun with veg formula already. Ventilation is also set up. If my clones and seedling survive the weekend with me, ill post an update and maybe start a different journal since i only have 1 afghan cheese.

My other 3 clones are 2 God's Gift and 1 Purple Berry Kush. I also have begun mixed spectrum lighting 3:1 ratio. The lights are on an 18/6 cycle an hopefully with my new ventilation setup ill see better results. 1 Gods Gift will go outside and im thinking so will my afghan cheese seedling if she survives and turns out to be female.

Hahaha youre soo right!!! Thank you!! I mixed a batch and double checked my math and it was backwards so i accidentally gave them a squirt of a double batch. But that was the only time. This evening ill run some straight water through it as the soil is semi-moist but nothing sticks to my fingers if i press the top of the soil.

When do you recommend starting nutes? Perhaps next week or 2 weeks? I also super cropped the 2nd top on Gods Gift #1. So 1 top is LST'd and the other is super cropped. Hopefully she comes back strong.

Thank you perico i really appreciate the help! I switched the light cycle to 18/6 thinking since theyre clones and not seedlings they could use the dark time for root growth. Was this a good move?

no prob i.play, anything I can do to help, that's what this forum is here for to help each other. now onto your questions, when starting from seed, in soil, you don't need to add any nutes until about week 3 or 4 chances are whatever soil you have already has a high level of (N) nitrogen and doesn't need any additives until it has been used up (approx 3-4 wks) then depending on if your vegging and then flowering or doing a 12/12 grow, you would start with 1/4 strength veg nutes for vegging or bloom nutes if your doing a 12/12 from seed, (meaning the plant is on a 12/12 light cycle from day one, thus forcing early sexing, but a much smaller plant) only use nutrients every OTHER watering, increase the strength each time 1/4...1/2...3/4...full strength.

your next question, since they are clones keep them on 24hrs of light for about 3-4 weeks (or until they have established a decent root system) whichever comes sooner. then you can change to veg mode (18/6) or no mercy (12/12) choice is yours, do to vertical space limitations all my grows have been 12/12 from seed. no complaints over here...grow on bro:Rasta:

Awesome news the girls are responding well to the Lst and super cropping. I gave em straight water tonight. Ventilation made quite the difference. Now i have to figure out how im gonna build my scrog. I have an idea i just have to start building it. Thankfully spring cleaning provided alot of material i can use. Like my exhaust fan and power supply for it. Just found out i got a whole box of them so i was thinking of adding more fans just because i know the gods gift will come out dark purple if kept cold. I took a gang of pictures tonight during watering so ill probly post them monday. When ill most likely need to water again. It will be the 3rd week for my Afghan Cheese seed. And she is strong as can be!

Still gotta go grab some big pots for the outdoor girls. Any recommendation for size i should get? I cant produce an overwhelmingly large plant but i would still like to grow something a little bigger maybe in the 6-7' range. I plan on training the branches but im totally goin at the outdoor thing blind haha.

good luck with your plants buddy! im a little further ahead than you but only by days.

GEDC0082.JPG

GEDC0091.JPG

GEDC0093.JPG

I started with 7 seeds of unknown origin.
1 cracked and sprouted over night
2 opened 3 days later
i left 4 in the dish of wet paper and forgot about them during a weekend trip to the inlaws (yes i took my plants with me)

when i got back a 3rd seed had opened in the dish but had dried out while away =((

these plants are around 10-14 days old
at first i had them on a window sill with a normal 40watt incadecant bulb (good sunlight, but was a bit cold)
then i replaced the bulb with a cfl 100w equiv 27k
now i use 3x cfl 100w equiv 27k and those pics are the resulting grow box
(a random cupboard in my lounge)

i do have a replacement box in the attic im preparing, but its warmer in my lounge till i get a bunch more cfl's

the box is pretty large aprox 100cm(W)x40cm(D)x40cm(H)
by the time im done it will hold 2 plants and have 39 cfl's per plant!

inside the grow box will be over 105000 lumins of light about 1.5KWH , but thats going to take some time to do, both in finance and in tech skill (never wired up lights like that before)
before today i hadnt taken any pictures but shall be doing on a regular basis :)

oh so far i have used west+ advanced compost and tap water (warmed to skin temp) and thats it...

im pretty sure that in the wild they dont get repotted or have some hand of god add nutrients, so im trying to be as o'natural as possible.

oh one thing i would like answered (yes i know my threads are simply bursting with questions already) by anyone that can.

if you had two clones, you decided that one had to be the best possible quality you could achieve and the mandate for the other was to produce as much yeild as possible with only minor regard to strength and quality. what differences would there be in technique?

oh one thing i would like answered (yes i know my threads are simply bursting with questions already) by anyone that can.

if you had two clones, you decided that one had to be the best possible quality you could achieve and the mandate for the other was to produce as much yeild as possible with only minor regard to strength and quality. what differences would there be in technique?

grow them both the best way possible maybe you will be suprised:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom