Akisunni Indoor Cold & Hot Grow Zones

nice. I think you're going to be surprised by how much bud you get.

Ya, Big Girl is pretty heavy into her flower stage, Another month from now could be semi silly. Even the Stinky Pinky has 12 mini cola rising from her canopy. January, should be a good month, a very good month.

Trying to time the vegging of the replacement plants, so I have something fresh in February.

Irony, I type the above, but when I go back out to check on the 36/12 area, and I keep looking at the empty 5 gal container of organic soil waiting for the Cherry Bomb to move into...

I ended up saying screw it, and planting the Cherry Bomb, after noticing it was root bound in its little container. It now has a full 5 gals of organic dirt for its roots to explore. It will get its first 12 hours of dark tomorrow night. I was torn between veg time root bound, or 36/12 with lots of soil to grow into... We will see if I should have waited a week, or even transplanted it into a medium size container for a week.

Oh well, at least Feb supply of fresh meds should be in the pipeline now.

I still have 2 clones and a bagseed growing in the veg space. Might find a GDP or equiv to put into there.

Nice! Congrats on your first harvest haha, and the rest of the plants are coming along very nicely. I agree, January will be a good month for you hahaha :love:

She has been moved to the bathroom, where she is currently taking a warm bath with lots draining time between water events. From a water perspective, she will be good for a few days. How many days should I let her stay in the flushed staged, before returning to giving her new nutrients?

Thank you for the input...

i would give her three or four days and see how she reacts to the flush, then we can act accordingly :high-five:

the flush will only take out excessive nutrients from your soil so you can water when you feel like the medium is not very moist as usual

i will keep a close eye these next days to see how she's looking and to see if that flush successfully restored your soil nutrient balance, please let me know how she reacts to the flush :thumb:

i would give her three or four days and see how she reacts to the flush, then we can act accordingly :high-five:

the flush will only take out excessive nutrients from your soil so you can water when you feel like the medium is not very moist as usual

i will keep a close eye these next days to see how she's looking and to see if that flush successfully restored your soil nutrient balance, please let me know how she reacts to the flush :thumb:

Thanks, I will update her response by Sunday. hopefully she will bounce back with fresh bud growth. She also has company in the space again, maybe she was lonely? lol

Hi Profesor X,

All is well, she almost instantly had a significant burst of stem growth at the tops of her bud/cola formation. Here are some take moments ago. The buds are growing some weight to them now. I don't expect this plant is ready to harvest before mid January as it takes its own sweet time growing the buds in 36/12 light to dark ratio.

IMG_25299.JPG
IMG_25276.JPG
IMG_25267.JPG
IMG_253011.JPG
IMG_25289.JPG

36Gr0w,

You are right, the fan leaves from the burn period have 3 fingers. The newest ones forming now appear to have more. I also checked the new transplant. Its a clone, and its fans arrived with 3 finger leaves, the newest ones forming already have 5 visible.

Thanks for noticing, and please let me know if you notice anything else. Good eye.

Aki

36Gr0w,

My veg space is inside the Credenza part of my Formal Office Desk. Its 2ft tall, 1 ft wide, 2ft deep. Its perfect for seeds and small clone clippings, issue was I bought this clone from the Dispensary, and it was tall and would have required 2 replantings in 1 week to correct.

I currently have 3 very healthy plants with 5-7 leaf fans in the small desk veg space. I will grow them for a month before the next space opens up, and then put one into the 36/12 space replacing the plant I flushed last week. Its going to be interesting to see how large the clipping is by the time the stinky pinky is finished.

My 1st flower space is 2ftx2fx4ft tall. The plant in it gets a 15 gallon container for a single plant, I am treating the large 15 gallon as a "crop". Its is a 24H veg for 30 days, and then flip to 12/12 flower for 60+ days... I hope to reveg this plant in its current place before returning it to 12/12 crop #2.

The second grow space is 2x2x5f with the 36/12 lighting, it has 2 x 5 gallon bucket equivalent grow spaces. it is where I am trying different plants and strategies. The idea is to add a new plant to it every month from the Veg space. One goes in, and one is removed and a perpetual grow happens.

My wife has authorized a new third Flower grow space, if I buy her a replacement to the broken deep freezer I took over for my last one. Hopefully around January, I will add a new space with an LED in it.

Here is a quick visual update of the stealth indoor Veg Space in my Desk.

The two nearly identical clones are my first clippings. They are both from my Big Girl Plant that resides in the 12/12 space. If she doesn't survive harvest, one of these will go into her Mom's grow space and the other will be turned into a mother plant to keep the strain alive.

IMG_253811.JPG
IMG_253913.JPG
IMG_254212.JPG
IMG_254114.JPG
IMG_254011.JPG
IMG_253712.JPG

I like this plant. Its my first seed attempt. Its a bag seed. Its growing like a little weed. The plant is 18 days since her seed cracked and showed a root. 15 days since I planted her.

IMG_253413.JPG
IMG_25359.JPG
IMG_253614.JPG

I love this journal aki, just had to say it. Tech, desks, diy, all very cool. With another month of veg time, how about some training to shape your plants to fit your shorter flowering setups? Lst and supercropping are forgiving, and could keep them shorter. Just throwing ideas out, can't remember if you mentioned it. I follow an absurd amount of journals trying to soak in new (and reminded) knowledge.

36Gr0w
I love this journal aki, just had to say it. Tech, desks, diy, all very cool. With another month of veg time, how about some training to shape your plants to fit your shorter flowering setups? Lst and supercropping are forgiving, and could keep them shorter. Just throwing ideas out, can't remember if you mentioned it. I follow an absurd amount of journals trying to soak in new (and reminded) knowledge.

I use LST (so far) with both the Big Girl, and the Stinky Pinky. I like to get the primary cola below the level of the rest of the plant. Stinky Pinky has 12 mini cola's rising from its canopy currently. The Big Girl has a silly number of bud growing spots on it.

KCMP
Plants are looking great. Really interested in adding some of that awesome tech to my next grow. Some type of watering system would be ideal.... It is taking me around 2hrs to water my plants in the tub right now.
Thank you. The tech is still in design stage, one reason I am growing so many different flower spots is to build and test new tech ideas as I have them. Send me a Person Message with specifics of what you would like. I always need new beta testers.

Update on lesson learned:

My Big Girl is in wonderful looking shape. Major budlet growth everywhere. I have digital monitoring of its grow condition and got lazy. Here is what I have learned.

The plant was extremely thirsty, requiring 1 gallon of water per day, every day for a while, just before our heat wave cracked locally. Once it started to rain here, I suddenly didn't need to water the plant as much.

I thought it was humidity based and was glad I didn't need to physically open the grow space each day.

I wasn't paying attention to details. Since the plant didnt need watering as much, and I have never grown the buds before, I didnt notice how the buds were not growing. The plant has sat for the last week doing very little to any growth.

I checked its CO2 augmentation engine, and it had ran out of sugar and wasnt working. I gave the plant a boost of CO2 from my keg system yesterday and rebuilt the CO2 engine today. I would swear that the plant has woken up. Its consuming water like it was before again. I can watch the Big Girl suck moisture out of her container. My digital results show that its again consuming water at a high rate again. The buds all have fresh growth and expansion on them.

I was starving my plant for CO2 when I thought I was augmenting it. I will fix this issue in future designs. Its good to know that if a plant isnt drinking water like it was, WHY.

Aki

Back
Top Bottom