Alex's First Grow- Blue Cheese & Himalayen Blue

on reading about and hearing off 420 members of how stetching occurs iv this morning moved my light closer to my babys. i origonaly placed it about 3.5ft above as i was v scared of scorching little leaves that would sprout, the lights now about 2.25 ft above them, is this about right for a 600watt with 3day old plants or should it be higher/lower? thanks guys
& my fans operational now on a low setting

id say about 2.5 feet is about right.. 2feet would be too close for those babaies with a a 600 watter for definate. check the temps basically, ensure its under 80f (24c) if poss

thats actually a lot o plants for that space, depending upon the strain. are they all females or mixed?

what sort of soil is that?

the blue cheese were feminized seeds and the himalayen are regular, i decided to start all ten not expecting all ten to grow into plants i thought i may lose some but all have came. plus any males out of either strains will be getting culled, off the top of my head i cant think of the name of soil, it was just the best potting soil i could get near were i live

ok cool.. sometimes the soil can have time release nutes in it which can cause problems about a week into the grow. always best to start in seedling soil, specifically for the babies in future. No nutes to be added for a couple of weeks at least anyway okay?

Good idea yes to have back up plants incase things go wrong but of course not a great idea if you do exactly the same thing to them all and it is the wrong thing to do.. something to think about in the future also ;-)

Just keep yer eye on them for now for any signs of going backwards..

temps I presume u have a thermometer? Best o have digital one , prob for about 10 quid that measures both heat and humidity.

you want temps around 78-80 and humidity about 50% or so. Again, easy on the watering, they like to dry out between waterings. If you see in my grow I overwatered as was still misting them and keeping them too wet once they had germinated. I spotted it early and corrected it. I also burnt the leaf tips by spraying the leaves so I recommend not to do that when you do water.

hey yeah ots a themometer for tems at the mo just a normal one, the temps during lighting hours have been stuck at 84!! will that be ok or will i need to get it down? something thats worried me slightly is one of the plants only one has white tips to two of its leaves, its not mould and the leaf tips are not too dry its like its just discoulered, im going to attempt to take a decent pik of it to put it on, any ideas what it could be and is it something to worry about? also its been like that since it first came out of the soil

84 should be okay for most strains so long as there isnt a big difference/drop in the night temps. I wouldnt want to go over that 84, mine are around the same temps.

With discoluration n stuff, it can be one of many things, little burn from the lights perhaps, misting and leaving water droplets on the tips or just a rough leaf or two.. Th eproblem is if it spreads and/or passes onto the new growth, otherwise from what I am told etc you shouldnt panic at the first fan leaves having a few dodgy bits evrytime. You do need to sort regular pics out tho really.

:thumb:

what do you mean by regular piks? if you mean uploading piks regular the plants are only 3 days old and i uploaded on day 2 lol if you mean good quality piks they will be in future i think they were bad bacause i took them right by the grow lights with the glair, the camera is 8 mp and generaly produces good piks so in future il take when lights are off or in a diff room :) thanks for putting my mind at ease with the temps

hogardy :) out of curiosaty what was your final weigh in for your most recent journal? the hindu and trainwreck?

950 gms....should have been more, but I really didn't have enough light. I've added 2 more 1kw lites and will be adding CO2 in the coming weeks.....:grinjoint:

so ule be looking for 2kg+ ?

Thats my target. When I get a little further into the gro I will start a journal and you can stop by if you'd like.....:grinjoint:

hogdady..... you no you mentioned adding another 2000watt, thats a huge ammount of electric lol in england the electric companies have started to tip off police those whos electicity usage has suddenly spiked, and those whos households use a massive ammount of leky(far to much for a general home) in there ongoing attempt to stop us growing mj. do they not do this were you live? id be worried shitless using that amount of kw

hogdady..... you no you mentioned adding another 2000watt, thats a huge ammount of electric lol in england the electric companies have started to tip off police those whos electicity usage has suddenly spiked, and those whos households use a massive ammount of leky(far to much for a general home) in there ongoing attempt to stop us growing mj. do they not do this were you live? id be worried shitless using that amount of kw

do you know this for a fact or is just growers paranoia?

yes on a police crack down documentry on bbc1 (english tv) it stated it, i dont think it happens much but its deffs happening over here. started because 1 single electricity reader went to messure someones electric meter and thought it was way way to high, he mentioned it to his superior and it went from there

overlay-round.gif

yes on a police crack down documentry on bbc1 (english tv) it stated it, i dont think it happens much but its deffs happening over here. started because 1 single electricity reader went to messure someones electric meter and thought it was way way to high, he mentioned it to his superior and it went from there

that would suk! we don't have that problem here. the utility company is more than happy to take my money with no questions asked!

btw...what do you pay for electricity over there?

Back
Top Bottom