AlienAthena Grows Photos In 2017-2018

You can get a more powerful light hps/mh for way cheaper but in the long run you will pay more in energy cost. I can see the allure, large plants grown with the 1000w bulbs. I opted for cheap Chinese cob led's 1000w eqiv for about $150 and a cheap electricity bill.

I'll join along for the ride. I have a couple of Blimburn Chemdog seeds
that I have put off growing for a while. Interested to see what you get.

The Tangerine Dream that you grew was totally different than the one that I
grew recently. It tried to grow out of the closet! Lol.

DSC047596.jpg

DSC048056.jpg

Cheers friend.

You can get a more powerful light hps/mh for way cheaper but in the long run you will pay more in energy cost. I can see the allure, large plants grown with the 1000w bulbs. I opted for cheap Chinese cob led's 1000w eqiv for about $150 and a cheap electricity bill.

I'm only getting a 400 watt which will be plenty and i'll most likely only use it during the cold months. The electricity bill isn't an issue for me. The person that has to deal with it is buying the light lol

I haven't been satisfied with light penetration with my LED and haven't been able to keep a supply until my next harvest so i've been having to buy. The entire point of me growing was so that i wasn't paying ridiculous amounts for crappy weed.

I'll join along for the ride. I have a couple of Blimburn Chemdog seeds
that I have put off growing for a while. Interested to see what you get.

The Tangerine Dream that you grew was totally different than the one that I
grew recently. It tried to grow out of the closet! Lol.

DSC047596.jpg

DSC048056.jpg

Cheers friend.

Super excited to have you here!

I picked the Chemdog from them because i can't find a single grow on it. Hope i do it some justice. The Chemdog and OG will be going in 8 gallon pots!

Yeah your Tangerine Dream was on an entirely different level than mine. She was some of the best smoke i've had to date tho .

OK I'll sub .... I posted in your thread about plant issues.

If you put a link to your journal at the btm like I have down there VVVV and post a pic or 3 in the "eye candy" thread, you'll get a lot of followers!

8gal pots is a good size. Just remember bigger pots bigger plants. I run 7.5gal pots and they are plenty big enough for an indoor soil grow.

Pots that size are hard to move tho... I rarely move my pots once they are in the flower room and usually only to harvest.

If you haven't bought the 400w HID, you could consider COB tech or LED panels, will likely get more light for 1/2 the electric or less even. For your space I usually would have 2 of those 144 lamps from Mars

OK I'll sub .... I posted in your thread about plant issues.

If you put a link to your journal at the btm like I have down there VVVV and post a pic or 3 in the "eye candy" thread, you'll get a lot of followers!

8gal pots is a good size. Just remember bigger pots bigger plants. I run 7.5gal pots and they are plenty big enough for an indoor soil grow.

Pots that size are hard to move tho... I rarely move my pots once they are in the flower room and usually only to harvest.

If you haven't bought the 400w HID, you could consider COB tech or LED panels, will likely get more light for 1/2 the electric or less even. For your space I usually would have 2 of those 144 lamps from Mars

For some reason the IPhone mobile app isn't letting me add a signature,hasn't since the end of the summer, and I don't see any either. I've posted a few times in the eye candy thread too!

I'm currently trying to find something I can sit the pots on and have a drain pan under it but haven't thought of anything yet.

I don't know anything about COB tech besides the grows I've seen using them. I'd be clueless trying to set up my own light. I'd love another 144 in there but $$$.

You can buy prebuild COBS, those ones that they put together themselves are too high speed for me. I would say go with your gut on the HID's especially if power consumption and heat isnt a consideration.

An 8 gallon pot is huge, the larger the root system the bigger the plant will grow which means your primary limitation will be the amount of light you can provide to the plant. With a 8 gallon pot I would think that you would be able to grow nothing more than the 1-2 plants with a 400-600watt HID lamp but you could really make it big I am talking 10 ounces big. Keep in mind though this is my noob mind just conceptualizing shit I have learned over the past 4 months without having any practice to base my ideas off of. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You can buy prebuild COBS, those ones that they put together themselves are too high speed for me. I would say go with your gut on the HID's especially if power consumption and heat isnt a consideration.

An 8 gallon pot is huge, the larger the root system the bigger the plant will grow which means your primary limitation will be the amount of light you can provide to the plant. With a 8 gallon pot I would think that you would be able to grow nothing more than the 1-2 plants with a 400-600watt HID lamp but you could really make it big I am talking 10 ounces big. Keep in mind though this is my noob mind just conceptualizing shit I have learned over the past 4 months without having any practice to base my ideas off of. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes with my space I can only grow 2 plants in that size pot. If I allow myself to be patient and veg them long enough and don't pull them early then I could easily pull a gram per watt. I always have some type of complication though so I'm setting my expectations a little low at 8 ounces. Ha

1 gm per watt you need more light... I've grown 4 plants under a 400w HID - only limitation is floor space. Going to get warm if you close up the tent tho...unless you have fan evacuating air with a filter?

HID are a lot less costly up front... how I got started. I switched to LED for less heat. COBs are coming down in price. Look at the USA made gear. Timber (what I use) is one there are several.

1 gm per watt you need more light... I've grown 4 plants under a 400w HID - only limitation is floor space. Going to get warm if you close up the tent tho...unless you have fan evacuating air with a filter?

HID are a lot less costly up front... how I got started. I switched to LED for less heat. COBs are coming down in price. Look at the USA made gear. Timber (what I use) is one there are several.

Heat isn't an issue, at all. I'm actually getting it for the heat. I won't be getting COBs anytime soon.

You're saying I'll need more light for 1 gram per watt but also that my only limitation is floor space. I'm confused. I'm sure I can get close to it. I've spent the past week reading completed grows using 400w HPS and one guy pulled over 400 grams. Entirely possible if done right.

Heat isn’t an issue, at all. I’m actually getting it for the heat. I won’t be getting COBs anytime soon.

You’re saying I’ll need more light for 1 gram per watt but also that my only limitation is floor space. I’m confused. I’m sure I can get close to it. I’ve spent the past week reading completed grows using 400w HPS and one guy pulled over 400 grams. Entirely possible if done right.

Reach for the sky you just might catch it! I'd probably go with a 600w if you have space..... floor space is "usually" the limitation. Growing in a room without tents etc... can only fit so many plants, same in a tent. Your lighting will restrict the amount of plants you can grow under them. Only 1 400w HID... that's about 3 plants maybe 2 if they get big. To get 1gm/watt you need big plants, there's no way around size to yield ratios.

To give you an idea... I'm probably getting about .8gms/watt right now and my plants are 8' tall indoors. I've ran HID and got large plants, and why I switched to COBs due to heat + space limits. Plants were too large for the small space and all grew into the lights so it was a constant struggle keeping them away from the HID... so tie them away from the HID then I need more light and space..... with LED they can grow right up to the lights ...and past them with no problems.

I'm sure you will work it out... get the most light you can with the $$ you have to do it with.

You conceivably could do 1gm/watt with a 400w HID.... probably easier with less wattage. You need good genetics, plants grown/known for yields.

Heat isn't an issue, at all. I'm actually getting it for the heat. I won't be getting COBs anytime soon.

You're saying I'll need more light for 1 gram per watt but also that my only limitation is floor space. I'm confused. I'm sure I can get close to it. I've spent the past week reading completed grows using 400w HPS and one guy pulled over 400 grams. Entirely possible if done right.
Canopy space equals yield . . That's why so many people scrog. Even canopy with penetration throughout it is best. And I am subbed up to you journal.
Happy growing .

Back
Top Bottom