Alienpus RDWC, Indoor, HPS, White Widow Auto, 2018

Been reading up on this, according to the american medical association and several studies the blue in LED's can damage the retina and the UV from HID lights can damage the cornea. I'm glad we touched on this subject, I had no Idea of the risk and like you mentioned we spend a lot of time under the lights, glasses are a must. I wonder if there is a correlation with HID and skin cancer.
I have worked outside all my life in the trades and always had my shirt off when the weather was nice and never had shades on. Same with my Grows. I have changed my ways in the last 5 or 10 years. Nowadays long sleeves sunglasses and hat all the way.

Day 48 Having some trouble controlling PH, lowers by 0.4 - 0.6 every 24 hours instead of rising like usual. Using potassium hydroxide as PH+, don't know if its evaporating out or the plants are absorbing it or what but I am using a lot, PPM is pretty stable.

Pistils are starting to appear a little more but not getting the stretch I was expecting/hoping, I did get some over a period of three days, don't know if it's because they are autos or just too many shoots or if it will come later but I could really use some.

I'm not much into defoliating but am seriously considering it, any thoughts on defoliating this early into flower on autos, I lack experience with both.

IMG_3516.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

2.JPG

Day 48 Having some trouble controlling PH, lowers by 0.4 - 0.6 every 24 hours instead of rising like usual. Using potassium hydroxide as PH+, don't know if its evaporating out or the plants are absorbing it or what but I am using a lot, PPM is pretty stable.

Pistils are starting to appear a little more but not getting the stretch I was expecting/hoping, I did get some over a period of three days, don't know if it's because they are autos or just too many shoots or if it will come later but I could really use some.

I'm not much into defoliating but am seriously considering it, any thoughts on defoliating this early into flower on autos, I lack experience with both.

IMG_3516.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

2.JPG
Hey the plants look great. I don’t know to much about defol on autos as I have never grown one in my life. Can’t wait to c how they turn out. I have some lambs breath auto seeds from CKS that r just begging me to take the plunge. As far as normal plants I defol up until 2 to 3 weeks after flip. Then just a touch up here and there

Hey the plants look great. I don’t know to much about defol on autos as I have never grown one in my life. Can’t wait to c how they turn out. I have some lambs breath auto seeds from CKS that r just begging me to take the plunge. As far as normal plants I defol up until 2 to 3 weeks after flip. Then just a touch up here and there

Thanks, gonna defoliate one and take about 50% of the leaves, experimenting is part of the fun

Wholy bushy weed plants Batman!
They look great. I have no clue about autos but you can see in my grow that I have been pruning a ton lately. Seems to make a big difference with lower node light exposure.

Wholy bushy weed plants Batman!
They look great. I have no clue about autos but you can see in my grow that I have been pruning a ton lately. Seems to make a big difference with lower node light exposure.

You really did a number on yours last week and they looked great yesterday, I don't have the guts to do it

Agreed, I'm off to defoliate now
I love a good defol. I don’t know much about autos but my plants get hit them hard in veg then one more good trim 2 weeks after flip and they seem to love it. I have never had a problem as long as the plants r not stressed. Also love the fact that you just did one. One can learn a lot from experimenting. Good luck the ladies r looking good.

Day 52 PH has stabilized, topped up reservoir, PPM down by 200. Res temps are stable at 16c/61f, must confess I have done the whole run without any air stones so far relying on the drain to oxygenate the solution, thus the frequent root checks. The plant on the right has begun the cotton ball stage, the one on left barely has any pistils yet but has bounced back from her defol already. Boy are these autos compact
3.JPG

9.JPG

2.JPG

IMG_3612.JPG

10.JPG

1.JPG

One of my girls (left) seems to have developed a cal-mag issue on older growth and it's getting bad pretty fast, couple days. Dumped the res and mixed up a fresh one, jacked PH from 5.8 to 6.1 in an effort to make cal and mag more available. Tomorrow will pick up some cal-mag plus and blue grow room glasses when I go to the city. Hope none of this will affect the on the right as she is doing great

IMG_3682.JPG

IMG_3679.JPG

Day 60
the one on the right is stretching 1" per day in the center, raised light, hope she stops soon getting big

added 125PPM calmag to the reservoir yesterday in an effort to treat the left one, but as it progresses it looks more and more like a phosphorus deficiency. PH has always been good, running flower nutes so there should be plenty of Phosphorus available, may have been locked up but only affected one plant, dunno, a pheno thing maybe

IMG_3711.JPG

IMG_3714.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3709.JPG

Back
Top Bottom