Alienpus RDWC, Indoor, HPS, White Widow Auto, 2018

Oh snap, so much for low stress training, snapped this main branch clean off #2, oh well shit happens

IMG_3415.JPG
i would have retaped that muscled limb back on with a dusting of rooting powder. too good to waste....clone maybe ?

Does that really work? never tried grafting one.
seeing the repairs that i have botched together from snaps and complete severed branches that survive , then definitely. lol
it works with splicing in a lot of other plants so makes sense it would here. when u take a cutting , it is usually dropped straight into water the cut at an angle when being put into the cloning medium and as long as you cut it fairly soon after she is out of the water then she would be fine. seen people graft flowering branches onto other strains before years ago. left a thick knuckle but survived and continued growing. i rhink folks do it when making new hybrids too

seeing the repairs that i have botched together from snaps and complete severed branches that survive , then definitely. lol
it works with splicing in a lot of other plants so makes sense it would here. when u take a cutting , it is usually dropped straight into water the cut at an angle when being put into the cloning medium and as long as you cut it fairly soon after she is out of the water then she would be fine. seen people graft flowering branches onto other strains before years ago. left a thick knuckle but survived and continued growing. i rhink folks do it when making new hybrids too
Grafting plants is an incredibly cool science. Wine makers in Napa (and all over the world) do this to protect their vines from pests, diseases, etc.. Went on a wine tour with a guide used to work/ teach in a grafting lab and he showed me all of the grafting machines and process - Pretty incredible stuff. Next time you’re looking for a late night rabbit hole to get into - grapevine grafting.

Actually thinking about this, I would guess that some of the major farmers in NorCal are doing this same thing with their crops.

Grafting plants is an incredibly cool science. Wine makers in Napa (and all over the world) do this to protect their vines from pests, diseases, etc.. Went on a wine tour with a guide used to work/ teach in a grafting lab and he showed me all of the grafting machines and process - Pretty incredible stuff. Next time you’re looking for a late night rabbit hole to get into - grapevine grafting.

Actually thinking about this, I would guess that some of the major farmers in NorCal are doing this same thing with their crops.
i find enough rabbit holes to go down already. heehee. truther here.

Day 38. Running PPM at 1000 (ec 2.0) and been letting PH drift through range. No PH doser in the veg box. Pruned #2 and #3 for the last time. Lowered light 6". Will start spraying #3 with silver nitrate sometime this week. Topped up the reservoir with water and nutes for the first time (35 days) and will change solution once flowers appear

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Day 38. Running PPM at 1000 (ec 2.0) and been letting PH drift through range. No PH doser in the veg box. Pruned #2 and #3 for the last time. Lowered light 6". Will start spraying #3 with silver nitrate sometime this week. Topped up the reservoir with water and nutes for the first time (35 days) and will change solution once flowers appear
Nice job man, looking good. Pretty wild variation across the 4 plants.

Nice job man, looking good. Pretty wild variation across the 4 plants.
Btw - Never having used silver nitrates/ colloidal silver, how risky/ trustworthy are the seeds it produces? Ive got a cut of a somewhat hard to find clone only pheno, would you feel comfortable that the seeds were good and abandoned the cut? Or make the seeds but still keep the cut?

The silver gets us viable pollen, the seeds produced from it are good. Even if you breed a plant to herself (s1) there will still be some different pheno expressions, but some will have all the desired traits You would have to grow several beans before you found a plant like the original. If I made a 100 or so seeds I would not be afraid to cull the clone as long as I had time and space to make/find another when time comes. Clones are so much better then seeds

Day 44 no flowers have appeared yet but there is stretch. Change of plans, killed off plants 1 and 4 they were crappy phenos. Plants 2 and 3 doubled in size in three days so I put them each under their own light so they can have all the space they need and will concentrate on them. LST'd number 2 and cut off 5 main shoots she had some crazy stretch

IMG_3484.JPG

3.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

Like the setup Alienpus , like 1 light 1 plant no crowding each other . Let mine get too tall for this tent light was against the ceiling and 13 top were in the 22” range of the light 5 days ago ! Beside the water.

Back
Top Bottom