Alienpus RDWC, Indoor, HPS, White Widow Auto, 2018

how are they surviving on such a high ppm ?? i cant go over 750 without issues of tip burns and generally stunting the growth. !!
love the ball structure forming. hopefully buds will follow that and look like a lollipop stand.

how are they surviving on such a high ppm ?? i cant go over 750 without issues of tip burns and generally stunting the growth. !!
love the ball structure forming. hopefully buds will follow that and look like a lollipop stand.

In my experience PPM is strain/pheno related, I aim for 1000-1100 PPM as the guy who makes my nutes says that if I go lower I may run into some deficiencies as the nutes are designed for 1100ppm. Been as high as 1600PPM with some straines and as low as 750, I go by how green the leaves are. I do get some tip burn sometimes and just back off a little.

Had the lights off for maintenance so snapped a couple pics under better light then the HPS but the flash still screws up the color

1.JPG

2.JPG

Had the lights off for maintenance so snapped a couple pics under better light then the HPS but the flash still screws up the color

1.JPG

2.JPG
wow there lime green heehee. hps is a pain for pics . i use one side of growroom blue glasses to correct mine , over the phones camera lens. doesnt do too bad a job but still catches banding occasionally
ladies look good

wow there lime green heehee. hps is a pain for pics . i use one side of growroom blue glasses to correct mine , over the phones camera lens. doesnt do too bad a job but still catches banding occasionally
ladies look good
What are growroom blue glasses ?

for hps grow lights. bought from local grow shop. protective glasses for the intensity . useless on led i think , as those ones are green. They have been great for taking photos with and keep colours very true.

I recommend glasses I feel I have done irreparable damage to my eyes over many years of working under HID lights. I do have good HiD glasses and my wife has the green for LEDs. Having both available at all times working under both HID and LED I find the Blue HPS glasses keep my eyes in very relaxed overall. She prefers the green but dose not spend as much time in the grow rooms as I do. Do your self a favour and get glasses. I wish I would have done a long time ago. Your eyes will thank you long term.

for hps grow lights. bought from local grow shop. protective glasses for the intensity . useless on led i think , as those ones are green. They have been great for taking photos with and keep colours very true.

I recommend glasses I feel I have done irreparable damage to my eyes over many years of working under HID lights. I do have good HiD glasses and my wife has the green for LEDs. Having both available at all times working under both HID and LED I find the Blue HPS glasses keep my eyes in very relaxed overall. She prefers the green but dose not spend as much time in the grow rooms as I do. Do your self a favour and get glasses. I wish I would have done a long time ago. Your eyes will thank you long term.

Thanks guys never even knew they existed, the dogs and I love to sun ourselves under the four 1kw lights in the flower room in winter, sometimes without sunglasses, wonder how much damage I may have done to my eyes.

What a difference, wonder if they sell a filter for my camera also
i imagine any blue filter would do it mate. the curve on the glasses can distort the focus slightly so isnt ideal. but does work. i have to add a little extra brightness on the camera but stops the banding from being visible.

have read some worryi g info regarding L.E.D being used as street lightong and also home lighting doing irreparable damage to eyes and als9 health issues seems to be a activist group attempting to stop govt in uk using it a s a cheap option to street lighting. did make me wonder about grow lights and amount of time we spend in our rooms. more worrying for L.E.D. worth further reading i think.

have read some worryi g info regarding L.E.D being used as street lightong and also home lighting doing irreparable damage to eyes and als9 health issues seems to be a activist group attempting to stop govt in uk using it a s a cheap option to street lighting. did make me wonder about grow lights and amount of time we spend in our rooms. more worrying for L.E.D. worth further reading i think.

Been reading up on this, according to the american medical association and several studies the blue in LED's can damage the retina and the UV from HID lights can damage the cornea. I'm glad we touched on this subject, I had no Idea of the risk and like you mentioned we spend a lot of time under the lights, glasses are a must. I wonder if there is a correlation with HID and skin cancer.

Been reading up on this, according to the american medical association and several studies the blue in LED's can damage the retina and the UV from HID lights can damage the cornea. I'm glad we touched on this subject, I had no Idea of the risk and like you mentioned we spend a lot of time under the lights, glasses are a must. I wonder if there is a correlation with HID and skin cancer.
Ah this is a good topic but scares the shit out of me. I’m sure there is a correlation. I know I’ve been too careless and exposed under my lights and need to start being way more careful. Should get glasses and make sure my skin is covered moving forward. Too easy to get lazy. Thanks for the reminder, guys.

Ah this is a good topic but scares the shit out of me. I’m sure there is a correlation. I know I’ve been too careless and exposed under my lights and need to start being way more careful. Should get glasses and make sure my skin is covered moving forward. Too easy to get lazy. Thanks for the reminder, guys.
it is a subject we tend to know about collectively i think but due to the inconvenience of changing what we do to be safer , we avoid too much research on. lol. like addiction and flooding our brains to mimic dopamine and happiness !!!! hahahaha. i do believe the use is now being seen for its dangers as street lighting and nearly every light within the home seems to be either "energy saving" ( serious health issues over long term exposure now known about but still produced !!) and the L.E.D in every other fixture. My ex had to be "prescribed" normal tungsten bulbs due to lupus and rhe negative effects from energy saving bulbs.
Money talks sadly and if you pay to hide conclusive evidence , anything is sellable (round-up being prime example ! not to mention chemo!!!)
I do think it could be a good thread to begin around safe use within our growing environments and lights used but i bet it would be shot to pieces for lack of evidence ect.

I’ve been using these tactical glasses from Walmart no strain no problem walking from the outside in and keeping them on ! Sun doesn’t bother me either!

Attachments

• F005F3B4-A698-4903-860E-0D1F3BFC2CCA.jpeg
    F005F3B4-A698-4903-860E-0D1F3BFC2CCA.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 52
I’ve been using these tactical glasses from Walmart no strain no problem walking from the outside in and keeping them on ! Sun doesn’t bother me either!

From the bit of research I have done so far it seems tactical glasses are polarized and do not necessarily protect against UVA and UVB, might be worth looking into

Back
Top Bottom