Already ready for cutting?

FarbfilmMicha

420 Member
Problem: I dont know if these plants are already ready to be cut? can u help me?

image0.jpg

Strain - GreenGelato & Shogun
Grow Type - Soil
GreeenGelato is Hybrid
Shogun is Sativa
Grow Stage since 3 weeks
indoor
BizzLightMix in 4L pots
Light - 150W LED (250W power)
RH - ca.61%
PH - 6,2
Temperature ca.23°C
Room Square Footage - about 0,36m
Pests - None Known
Growing Method - SCROOG

Welcome to the forum! Sure, you could top those and start any training you’re going to do. Just an observation, it looks like you’re starting to get some issues on the lower leaves, my guess is, based also on the puffy look of the leaves, you may be overwatering a bit. But really overall they good.

most guys top between nodes 3 and 4 or 4 and 5. the plant reaches sexual maturity at node five and can flip anytime after it is established. i usually top between 4 and 5.

edit : i see your new. check out our intro section and say hi to the guys. there's a few resources we can point you to as well to help.

Agreed that I see overwatering and agreed with @bluter about topping.. In this instance I’d maybe wait until the 5th since your plants already seem a little stressed.

At first thanks for all the replies and tips you gave me.
Quick Update: I wanted to ask because there are currently some problems with the leaves of the plants. They look very weird and I wanted to know where this could come from and if it has any effect on the plants. And you guys told me to cut them, but I'm not sure where to cut them.

IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0795.jpg
IMG_0797.jpg

Looks like you splashed nutes on your leaves which can damage them under the LED's. I usually wipe them dry when that happens. Also, the very bottom leaves look like they may be touching soil. I'd cut them off. Actually, I'd remove the bottom 2 nodes & the leaves for those 2 nodes. Top between the 4th & 5th node & quadline the gal. Check out the quad-lining thread. You get nice round bushy plants this way. You might also want to try growing in a SIP bucket. You wont have any overwatering issues that way & you will harvest double what you get in a Fabric Grow Bag.
This is a Gorilla Glue Auto that was quad lined & Topped & is growing in a SIP.
37.JPG
39.JPG

I wanted to ask because there are currently some problems with the leaves of the plants. They look very weird and I wanted to know where this could come from and if it has any effect on the plants.

there's some nute issues going on and i think your grow bags are a bit small

i would never have let it go that bushy lol
May I ask why ? Air flow maybe ? Bigger Cola's ? Same way I did the plant I got 1.25 lbs. from. Leaves yellow & defol themselves is how I see it. I've got 3 fans in my tent so lots of air flow. To be honest, I was going to defol her but she's an Auto & I can't remember what they say about defol on them. Been at least 3 years since I grew an Auto.

May I ask why ? Air flow maybe ? Bigger Cola's ?

basically yes to both.
light penetration has a bit more to do with it. the interior always benefits from better light penetration. you will get much better development if the plant can selectively focus.

Same way I did the plant I got 1.25 lbs. from. Leaves yellow & defol themselves is how I see it.

i actively train and defol. a large part of the reason is simply for easier processing at harvest. i do get better development of the apical colas, but i probably get less overall. the tradeoff is well worth it to me.

i'm pulling about what that plant did in a 4x4 pretty consistent, but i'm running 4 or 5 plants. i don't think in terms of weight per plant, i look at what room produces on the whole.

I've got 3 fans in my tent so lots of air flow. To be honest, I was going to defol her but she's an Auto & I can't remember what they say about defol on them. Been at least 3 years since I grew an Auto.

you can top, train, and defol an auto similar to a photo, but you need to be much more careful about it. they don't like to be messed with as much, and you need to do stuff much earlier in development, then leave them alone.

basically yes to both.
light penetration has a bit more to do with it. the interior always benefits from better light penetration. you will get much better development if the plant can selectively focus.

i actively train and defol. a large part of the reason is simply for easier processing at harvest. i do get better development of the apical colas, but i probably get less overall. the tradeoff is well worth it to me.

i'm pulling about what that plant did in a 4x4 pretty consistent, but i'm running 4 or 5 plants. i don't think in terms of weight per plant, i look at what room produces on the whole.

you can top, train, and defol an auto similar to a photo, but you need to be much more careful about it. they don't like to be messed with as much, and you need to do stuff much earlier in development, then leave them alone.
That's kind of what I remembered about Auto's. Not to mess with them once they start flower around day 21. Also, why I wasn't sure about the defol. She wasn't that bushy till after the pistils were showing. Figured it was too late for a defol. It's hard for me to just defol a few leaves. I tend to get carried away.

can’t find bookmark but Mocha was doing very specific defol on autos but seems like it was 1 or 2 fans per day max IIRC but he had monster ass hog leg apical dominant cola so evidently his were done with no topping

BooWho waits for autos to flower then tops & upcans at once.

still can’t grow a decent auto but over time I’m learning to stunt them less…. jeez Louise

Back
Top Bottom