Am I LSTing this right?

KevTheMadMan

420 Member
It's been about two weeks since I switched to 12/12 lighting. I topped the plant in veg and luckily it grew multiple colas, but now i don't know how much lst ing(am i saying that right) I should do. What I'm asking is should I continue to pull the taller colas down and out(every day i take the taller colas and pull them down so they are even with the rest) or is there a certain time where i should just let them grow how they want? Also, since I'm training them outward I've noticed new colas forming in the center. Since I'm weeks into flowering is it too late for them to grow big enough to keep or should I just cut them down so the plant focuses they're energy on the main colas? I had cut a couple as shown in the pics but I'm honestly afraid to do anymore trimming cause I got the seed from bagseed so it's original plant could be a plant that easily hermies. Lmk what you think, thanks for your time. Oh and p.s. in case your wondering why i still have leaves towards the bottom of the plant, i heard that the plant will use them rather to get stored nutrients in the leaves or will "sacrifice" the lower leaves when the plant is having issues of some sort. They are still healthy and because the leaves are thin (for that reason i think the plant is sativa or at least sativa dominant) they are getting at least some light down there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200426_230120727.jpg
    IMG_20200426_230120727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200426_230128086.jpg
    IMG_20200426_230128086.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20200427_021636665.jpg
    IMG_20200427_021636665.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 57
Hiya @KevTheMadMan they are looking good! I might be tempted to trim the short ones down low to let the tops get more energy, looks like you have enough there...unless you aren't in any rush and want to veg them longer and get more tops. You also could just keep bending the outside tops down and get those middle tops to grow up, but it's looking pretty sweet right now! You could supercrop (gently smush the stem and fold over) thoseoutside tops also, that would really make the middles shoot up. Remember you only have so much soil to support so many tops though. CHeers mate, gl! :yahoo:

I believe since you’re starting week 3 of flower, that you should stop any other training methods this grow. Those things should be stressed in veg. One reason is that you’re bound to make mistakes training your plants, and they can recover from those more easily in veg than flower. Just run your flower feeding, increase the light intensity, and watch her bloom. You’re entering the flower production weeks, 3-6 so...

Back
Top Bottom