Android app for weighing bud?

Most of the apps are estimates and what you are weighing has to be in the memory of the app. So I'm doubting that any app has bud in the memory, plus buds are so variable in density, (tight nugs vs airy bud) that I don't think the accuracy would be very good. Maybe someone else knows of one.

Most of the apps are estimates and what you are weighing has to be in the memory of the app. So I'm doubting that any app has bud in the memory, plus buds are so variable in density, (tight nugs vs airy bud) that I don't think the accuracy would be very good. Maybe someone else knows of one.
That is what I was thinking. I am making butter with my crop and can't figure out how to weigh it out. It was suggested that I just get a two ounce sized jar and fill it but the very issues you raised make that method unreliable. I suppose I can grind everything up and divide it up that way.

Another suggestion was to make a scale with a coat hanger and find something that weights two ounces and balance it out.

Or I can just purchase a scale.

Yes you could fashion a balancing scale. yourself and look up on the internet the weight of your currency's coins those are very accurate and you can use change to balance exactly.

Or you could buy a digital scale, they come in very cheap sizes.. or if you only need to weigh out small amounts and feel cool doing it, old apothecary or jewelers traveling scales.

You can get digital scales so cheaply now, under 10 bucks from online auctions, that I have a variety depending on the use. One handles up to 50 grams with a resolution of 0.001 gram, another up to 500 grams with 0.01 gram resolution and the third will weigh up to 10 kilograms with 1 gram resolution. I use the 10kg scale to weigh seedling and gallon size planters to determine soil moisture. The 500 and 50 are very useful mixing component fertilizer blends and, of course, weed.

Cool. I've only seen the $50 scales. Time to hit Ebay.
Depends on where you live but here in Michigan it is possible to have a new scale on the kitchen table by noon, even on a Sunday. Around here many 'glass' shops will have a good selection and I bought mine at what was once upon a time called a 'head shop'.

Of course, imagine how much room you will need on the scale to easily hold the 2 ounces. Some of the inexpensive scales won't even hold an ounce in a small 'snack' bag without the baggie hanging over the edge.

Most every digital scale these days you zero them out to start. put say a bowl on it, turn it on then weigh. None of the old dangly scales that you had to try to hold steady then subtract the .9 grams for unpleated corner baggies, 1.2 for pleated corners. We didn't have the fancy zipper ones back then. If you knew this, you're well preserved.

:thumb:

Most every digital scale these days you zero them out to start. put say a bowl on it, turn it on then weigh. None of the old dangly scales that you had to try to hold steady then subtract the .9 grams for unpleated corner baggies, 1.2 for pleated corners. We didn't have the fancy zipper ones back then. If you knew this, you're well preserved.

:thumb:
With some of these small scales even with a bowl on it and not a baggie the read-out cannot be read. It has a lot to do with the way the display is placed and the angle.

lol ... even canadian tire sells digital gram scales. :cheesygrinsmiley:

go to any place that sells kitchen gadgets and cookware. they will be displayed near or next to the larger kitchen scales. most are in the $10 US or under range. don't pay more.

edit : tobacco / smoking shops also carry them but will be more expensive.

go to any place that sells kitchen gadgets and cookware. they will be displayed near or next to the larger kitchen scales. most are in the $10 US or under range. don't pay more.

What is interesting is that digital thermometer readings will be all over the place and ofter within a 15 degree or more difference indicating that the actual reading can be way off.

I was with a group (not a weed growing or smoking group) that would have all its digital scales certified so they could be used for weighing foods or determining the winners of big money fishing tournaments. No matter who made the scale or how large it was they were always within legal tolerances at the start of any annual certification. End result was to have one scale certified and that particular scale could be used if there were any questions.

So why are digital scales so accurate and digital thermometers so inaccurate?

What is interesting is that digital thermometer readings will be all over the place and ofter within a 15 degree or more difference indicating that the actual reading can be way off.

I was with a group (not a weed growing or smoking group) that would have all its digital scales certified so they could be used for weighing foods or determining the winners of big money fishing tournaments. No matter who made the scale or how large it was they were always within legal tolerances at the start of any annual certification. End result was to have one scale certified and that particular scale could be used if there were any questions.

So why are digital scales so accurate and digital thermometers so inaccurate?

measuring anything at a distance is a shit show. laser measures need a known 2 points as well to be accurate. all the decent ones can be calibrated and should be every so often. the laser therms are sorta the same, just worse, and they measure something much more complicated.

in short, good ones are too pricey, the rest are semi-useful toys.

as for digital scales i have a 10g weight i use to check. if you don't have a good known weight, weigh an old loonie. they are 7.0g bang on. newer ones use a cheaper alloy and are 6.5g +/- .2g. i have a 7g loonie stashed with the weight as well.

You know of the Canadian tire?!

as for digital scales i have a 10g weight i use to check. if you don't have a good known weight, weigh an old loonie. they are 7.0g bang on. newer ones use a cheaper alloy and are 6.5g +/- .2g. i have a 7g loonie stashed with the weight as well.
Someone mentioned using coins. I checked and the weights of US coins are available on-line which makes it easy for those of us who do not have a 'loonie' in our pocket.
Coin Specifications

I noticed that even the US mint is using metric for weighing our coins. So much for the Imperial weights.:)

Someone mentioned using coins. I checked and the weights of US coins are available on-line which makes it easy for those of us who do not have a 'loonie' in our pocket.
Coin Specifications

I noticed that even the US mint is using metric for weighing our coins. So much for the Imperial weights.:)
I think the US uses metric for anything that needs to be precise. We all know it's a better system, we just can't get over ourselves :D

Coin Specifications

Yeah, it's an old trick, I even use coins to check scales.. like our 10 cents is 4,10gr.. and unless you have an extremely worn one it's 4,10gr.. if I put it on a scale I expect to see 4,10gr.

You know of the Canadian tire?!

there are three locally and they all had them. starfrit brand. i have a larger kitchen scale i use as well, they may even have come as a package deal.

Back
Top Bottom