Another decarb question

Doctor Trevor

How long does bud last after you decarbed it?

I usually make tincture and, ultimately, gummies. Would it benefit me to let the decarbed sit in a mason for a while? Or should I make my tincture ASAP? And how long before the tincture goes bad? I'd imagine it wouldn't as it's alcohol-based.

How long does bud last after you decarbed it?

I usually make tincture <cut>And how long before the tincture goes bad?
Interesting questions. I make batches of salve in the winter. By the time I am finishing the decarb stage I have started melting the Coconut Oil and the weed goes right in for the next step after a quick 2nd inspection for sticks or "stuff".

It's supposed to be good for like up to 6 months.
Six months for the decarbed weed or for the tincture or both? I don't do the tincture but never thought about how long decarbed weed would stay good before.

Interesting questions. I make batches of salve in the winter. By the time I am finishing the decarb stage I have started melting the Coconut Oil and the weed goes right in for the next step after a quick 2nd inspection for sticks or "stuff".

Six months for the decarbed weed or for the tincture or both? I don't do the tincture but never thought about how long decarbed weed would stay good before.

Both, of course the closer you get to the 6th month the weaker the thc.
After the 6th month you can still use it but it won't be that potent.

Tinctures made with alcohol are good for many years if stored in a dark dropper bottle in the fridge.

Weed that is curing in jars is being decarbed slowly, I have weed right now over 3 years cured in jars that is sublime, its sticky, gooey, taste great and very smooth smoking.
Some THC turns into CBN but its still very potent.

Interesting question!!! :hmmmm: I have decarbed and ground a lot of weed that is now stored in jars in the freezer. I have about 25 jars of weed curing. I have about 50 jars from previous years that I'm going to try turning into Hash once the temp drops below -20c. I have made a tinture but it doesn't seem to hit near as hard as the dust that was used to make it. I'm guessing that Sambuca isn't too good at stripping the triches. Or the freezer didn't get it cold enough.

Back
Top Bottom