Any curing advice

PopeyeSpinach

I didnt plan ahead and think about where im gonna cure/hang my bud. My scrog cabinet isnt an option as ill have plants going back in IF i have a harvest. Still waiting on sex to show, just switched to 12 12 lastnight.

Would i be ok in my garage? My garage is under the house, i have my truck in there but i only drve it once a week or so.

The garage is 2 cement walls, one interior wall, then the garage door is exterior obviously. But it maintains at about 68-75 year round unless the door is opened, then it takes about 8 hour for the temp to recover. But i can keep it closed so no prob there.

My other option is inside the house and it will just stink for a few days. Its my first grow of anything so looking for advice. I do have 15lbs of activated carbon and an air filter i can fit about 5 lbs.

Which would be recommended? Sorry but i dont know humidity other than to say the garage would likely be more humid as its temp is maintained in a geothermal manner by the concrete floors and walls.

I'm sure you could make that work, you need air flow but not directly on it as you don't want to dry it too fast. Curing is done in jars once it seems dry to finish the drying process and to cure it so it don't taste like hay/grass, those little temp/RH gauges work perfect for that as a lot harder to just guesstimate the RH.

Use the garage. Here is a response I posted to another member who has an issue with his cured bud smelling like hay/grass. This is my process...

#1 Chop plant into sections of 6-8 buds per section leaving lots of stem.
#2 Remove all large fans and medium sized ones as well.
#3 I wash my bud. This does 2 things. First, it makes the final taste so much better and 2nd it slows down the initial dry (important).

Here is a link to bud washing...Bud Washing

4. Hang on the stems in a dark COOL room for 2-3 days with ZERO air movement. 60 degrees F is a good cool room but even cooler is better. I go 3 days if the room is under 60 degrees F.

5. After 2 days of number 4 I now circulate air very very little for 4-5 more days. Just a tiny amount of air entering and exiting the room..

6. Now we are on day 7-8. Now we turn a fan on a slow to medium speed but never directly on the bud but close to hitting them. The air is now circulating very well in the room with exhaust constantly pulling in fresh air.

Do number 6 until the stems ALL snap but don't break.

Then I cut the buds from the stems and let them rack dry for another day with the fan turned back off.

Then Jar them up and burp once a day for a week.

Back
Top Bottom