Any input would be appreciated

santiago19

I would appreciate any input on the attached images. These clones, now in veg, were taken from mother given a feed of 1.7 EC. My plants are growing but poorly. They developed burnt tips at first then I thought it must be nute burn because I realized never watered until runoff so salt buildup probably happened (growing 100% coco and chemical nutes) and I flushed twice with a nutrient solution of 1.2 EC over 2 days until the runoff also now has 1.2 EC. After all this the new growth is now forming brown dark edges and brown tips. Is it some deficiency now, does it want the 1.7EC back asap or what?

IMG_20220807_185621.jpg

IMG_20220807_185533.jpg

IMG_20220807_185551.jpg

Hi @santiago19 :welcome:

You will almost certainly need CaMg growing in coco
When you flush, that should be with plain water, no nutes in flush at all
So use plain pH'd water, then CaMG/feed as normal, pH 5.8
I don't use EC, I simply measure ml/L but 1.7 seems quite high to me

The flush should be done with plain water, not nute water. You can water with nutes after the flush (3x the volume of the pot.). They look real hungry. What PH are you adjusting the water to? Needs to be 5.8 after nutes. Add calmag, mix, wait 15 minutes, add nutes, mix, wait 15 minutes, PH water to 5.8. Your EC is a bit high, what's the EC of the tap water before nutes? You could consider using distilled or R/O water if the initial EC out of the tap is high.

Well I just measured the runoff and it's 1.3ec and I put in the 1.7Ec because that's what the mother was given all her life very healthy plant. So I don't think it's needed for a plain water flush this time around don't want to stun the plants more? Like I said I just recently started to water until runoff. Tap water ec 0.2 and ph going in 5.9. Is the pics showing more nute burn or are they showing deficiency, going on what I just said above?

So your using calmag and was the mother in coco.
Or soil?

Also i would never feed MY coco plan water.
Thats just me unless i was trying to flush a bad feed.
Or some other issue to do with what i feed them.
And i would never feed with out calmag.

;)

I would appreciate any input on the attached images. These clones, now in veg, were taken from mother given a feed of 1.7 EC. My plants are growing but poorly. They developed burnt tips at first then I thought it must be nute burn because I realized never watered until runoff so salt buildup probably happened (growing 100% coco and chemical nutes) and I flushed twice with a nutrient solution of 1.2 EC over 2 days until the runoff also now has 1.2 EC. After all this the new growth is now forming brown dark edges and brown tips. Is it some deficiency now, does it want the 1.7EC back asap or what?

IMG_20220807_185621.jpg

IMG_20220807_185533.jpg

IMG_20220807_185551.jpg
Hey Skunksta :ciao: thanks for the tag.
Hi Santiago hope your well my friend, sorry about your garden.
Your Coco was it washed and buffeted, any perlite?
Coco requires a couple things-
Must have calmag in your plain water first.
Wait 10-15 minutes then add full strength nutrients.
Then ph must be set last prior to feed.
5.8 exactly ever time without fail.
You must feed every day full strength nutrients to run off.
Keeping the Coco wet at all times, yet you can never give plain water.
It's not a lock out, she is way too young, clone?
Fix your ph and keep your Coco wet.
What else are you not doing?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks for the input, The only thing I did'nt do was water until runoff for 3 weeks of the beginning of their life. And I didn't water the full 1.7 EC that they came from. I started with 1.1 EC. That's the 2 mistakes. I was hoping that someone can tell me it's a potassium deficiency or something. I am actually starting to think it can be a bad batch of nutrients and that I need a new brand, but have been using this since 2016 so I don't know. Have been growing outdoor since 2014. First time indoor.

Thanks for the input, The only thing I did'nt do was water until runoff for 3 weeks of the beginning of their life. And I didn't water the full 1.7 EC that they came from. I started with 1.1 EC. That's the 2 mistakes. I was hoping that someone can tell me it's a potassium deficiency or something. I am actually starting to think it can be a bad batch of nutrients and that I need a new brand, but have been using this since 2016 so I don't know. Have been growing outdoor since 2014. First time indoor.
Is the Coco washed and buffered?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

IMG_20220807_185621.jpg

IMG_20220807_185533.jpg

IMG_20220807_185551.jpg
Is your light to close or do u have fan blowing on them could be wind burn u could be blowing hot air around if u have a thermostat does it keep jumping between degrees.

When dealing with an inert growing medium & if flushing is done correctly with a myth like nature...

When you may of thinked you have reached that point of control is when you unleash chaos upon your grow :goodluck:

What you have washed out needs to be washed back in after the flush :Namaste:

Were in nature are plants grown is coco.....
But im up for learning any lesson worth learning.
If i could pick up something i dont know i only see it as a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom