Any new consensus of when to harvest?

jokerlola

I read somewhere that there was a recent article somewhere that said that trichomes were at their peak right before turning cloudy. I also read somewhere that trichomes continue to nature as the plant drys after chopping so maybe you are chopping too late if you chop right when things look optimal (10% amber). Any new studies or info on this?

ed rosenthal states that trichomes begin degrading into less psycoactive compounds as soon as they get cloudy. amber is full on degraded,, not into bad stuff , just less psyco,,

so,, harvesting early is 'never' a bad thing,, and very often a bonus. clear trichomes have the most bang

do a test one time and the proof will find y'all

peace and love from kelowna friends
:volcano-smiley:

I also read somewhere that trichomes continue to nature as the plant drys after chopping so maybe you are chopping to late his you chop right when things look optimal (10% amber). Any new studies or info on this?

If you prefer more cerebral highs or if you're going to cure for a few months before smoking then harvest early.
10% is fine but trichomes do continue to degrade.
My stuff that's been jarred for a year or longer doesn't have the same appeal it once did.

I’ve chopped at 7 and a half weeks into flowering when it looks right. Some of the best laugh til your face hurts bud that I haven’t had when waiting for “optimal” time, would be nice to see if anyone else experienced similar
I've tried some other things that made me laugh til I hurt,, but weed has never ever affected me this way, is it a common reaction? Very curious.

I've tried some other things that made me laugh til I hurt,, but weed has never ever affected me this way, is it a common reaction? Very curious.
? Can’t tell if you’re joking or not 😂

Yes. Weed can make you laugh until it hurts. Cheeks (face) and intercostal muscles in your abdomen will be tender the day after if you’ve had a heavy session and laughed heartily with like minded chums 👍

? Can’t tell if you’re joking or not 😂

Yes. Weed can make you laugh until it hurts. Cheeks (face) and intercostal muscles in your abdomen will be tender the day after if you’ve had a heavy session and laughed heartily with like minded chums 👍
I am actually not joking : /
It has never affected me that way, nor any of the people around me I've seen smoke. We are an older bunch, is it an age thing?

It has never affected me that way, nor any of the people around me I've seen smoke. We are an older bunch, is it an age thing?
Well. Don’t know what else to say. Maybe you have bad weed? Do you and your friends not laugh?

It has never affected me that way, nor any of the people around me I've seen smoke. We are an older bunch, is it an age
? No you just laugh so much sometimes that it hurts the next day. Try not to overthink it

I like to chop sativa clear & cloudy . This delivers a long legged buzz that goes good with coffee and the sunrise
The wake & bake !
I like my indica a little more mature,,
Milky /amber with a long cure for relaxation and passing a joint . It smokes real smooth and has a slow creeper buzz that induces food & rest , big happy !
(giggle grass) can be found on the skirt of big kolas . Those popcorn nugz at the bottom have a laugh in every one . chop them @ first build of trichomes and don’t forget what you weee laughing about

I think that might have something to do with it. When I smoked in highschool I used to laugh till it hurt.
Now I don't. The high seems to be pretty much the same, just without the hysterics.
Still, it affects different people in different ways.

As to the THC levels, I had some bud from a friend's plant that had a sudden and unfortunate meeting with a light at 6 and a half weeks into flower. Plenty of clear trichomes on that. The high came on like getting hit in the face with a fish, but faded quick too. No body buzz at all.
Not the most pleasant experience, and not one I care to repeat.

I think that might have something to do with it. When I smoked in highschool I used to laugh till it hurt.
Now I don't. The high seems to be pretty much the same, just without the hysterics.
Still, it affects different people in different ways.

As to the THC levels, I had some bud from a friend's plant that had a sudden and unfortunate meeting with a light at 6 and a half weeks into flower. Plenty of clear trichomes on that. The high came on like getting hit in the face with a fish, but faded quick too. No body buzz at all.
Not the most pleasant experience, and not one I care to repeat.

I agree on the high. I grow some pretty outstanding plants and none of it has every had me laughing like I was tripping on acid. I have seen the giggles in younger females that smoke the same stuff when we are in groups. It might be a tolerance thing.

What you described is exactly what I have witnessed. When I have had to take a plant early the high is usually fast onset, psychoactive and short lived. It invariably leaves me with a headache as well.

From the pictures that I have seen on here over the years most begineer and some intermediate growers harvest too soon. YMMV

I agree on the high. I grow some pretty outstanding plants and none of it has every had me laughing like I was tripping on acid. I have seen the giggles in younger females that smoke the same stuff when we are in groups. It might be a tolerance thing.

What you described is exactly what I have witnessed. When I have had to take a plant early the high is usually fast onset, psychoactive and short lived. It invariably leaves me with a headache as well.

From the pictures that I have seen on here over the years most begineer and some intermediate growers harvest too soon. YMMV
Been smoking weed for 20 years, if you’ve got good company and good weed you will laugh

Feel like some on this thread might be getting stoned wrong? 😂

Back
Top Bottom