Anyone having trouble finding seeds with Covid going on

jamielavallie

Hi everybody I have noticed lots of post about not being able to get seeds I ordered my seeds on Friday from King crop and as per usual was mailed out in good time Canada Post shows them half way here and arriving at my door by Thursday

They may get there by Thursday, but....

You still have Crap King seeds. :(

I have orders across 3 banks right now, and they're slow to ship (been about 10 days instead of a typical 2-3) but they'll get here.

Yes I grew there purple Kush four out of four plants hermied on me. they would not stand behind their product said it was grower induced.I've been growing a long time and I know bad genetics when I seen them. That being said I did have a pretty good grow with their Cali og kush x haze. But I can't support any company that won't stand behind their products!

I never have issues finding seed, I just look in my fridge ;)
Recently my wife organized the basement. We had a small bar fridge down there that we aren't using so she puts it under the work bench that I use for making wine and says i plugged it in for you you can use it if you keep your seeds in she doesn't even partake lol. God I love this woman!

Why crap king? You don't like this company?

They have a reputation for crap genetics. As Smokey pointed out, they also don't stand behind their product. There are way, way, way better breeders out there.

I am with @oldsmokey in regards to CK, I have tried them a couple times and the plants never produced like the Bomb strains I grow, the HSO Blue Dream or any of the plants given to me by friends. Waste of time growing out a plant that only produces a couple ounces of mediocre bud when my other plants produce 6 to 12 ounces of great smoke.

They were a former Sponsor had some issues as others have said. Few years back (2-3 years ish :rofl:) they had a big mix up and folks that ordered candy ___ auto got sour ___ fems, I popped a couple in early January and they never went into Flower until I recently put them with some others on a Flower light schedule, so I must have got some of the mix up ones myself. I recall them offering folks a discount on future order instead of any sort of attempt at making it right as a totally different strain let alone type of seed. Albeit I was new at growing at the time but I have had 1 strain of theirs do really well out of the 4 I have popped and the others I fought the whole way thru the grow. Sponsors here are a good option as get some support from them (along with supporting the site as they keep the lights on here) or they don't remain sponsors very long if they don't. Otherwise there is so many breeders/seed banks/fly by night ops out there all I can say is make sure to do a lot of research, as if very little info about them or a specific strain out there on the net (as with these modern times and tons of info out there then it can be a crapshoot/potential scam kind of thing if you can't find any info on them or nobody has grown that Strain).

Go Monk!

There are plenty of breeders out there doing good work. There are some that aren’t and are more in to cash in on popularity.

Especially in the beginning, stick with feminized seeds from a breeder that has been around a long while. Barney’s, Dinafem, Dutch Passion, so in amd so forth. Too many to call out individually, but several sponsors (like Seedsman) carry good stuff from many breeders. Dig into something that interests you and see what you can find.

For the most part, if I am looking for specific strains, I find out who the original breeder was and buy their seed either directly through them or through a seed back that carries them.

I was given some Candy Kush bud a year ago xmas, awesome smoke, and waited till I saw a seed bank that carried DNA Genetics (original breeder) and bought them then @ 50% off.

Funny I haven't had a shity batch of seeds at all from ck. But I have grown 8 plants all from dinafem and not one plant was worth my time the best plant out of the 8 gave me just shy of 3 oz kunuck is by far the worst from my opinion but would love a list of good ones to try that don't take a month to get to Canada on a normal day of coarse not thru carona cus it's understandable

Canada? True North maybe? They’re Canadian and have a wide selection of breeders. Some good, some not so good, and some are shit (canuck).

Back
Top Bottom