Anyone using General Organics cal mag?

I am using this with my organic nutrients and I still seem to be having slight calcium/mag deficiencies in my leafs.... I didn't have this issue last grow using botanicare cal/mag but switched to GO because it was organic....

I read that the amounts on the bottle can be safely doubled and have been giving 1.5 times the heavy feeding schedule amounts....

anyone else think this stuff is weak?

Re: Anyone using General Organics cal mag???

I use 1tsp GO CaMag+ per gallon for every watering from 2 weeks in veg to 1 week before harvest. Haven't had a cal/mag def since I started using it, much better than the botanicare cal/mag+ which for me was always too much or too little.

I'm guessing it's a little late but what you should do is add some lime to your soil when you transplant or mix soil as well as use aerated tap rather than RO if thats what your using.

I'm guessing it's a little late but what you should do is add some lime to your soil when you transplant or mix soil as well as use aerated tap rather than RO if thats what your using.

aerated Tap water has chorine and chloromines in it, for organics...without a R/O filter, thats a NO-NO.... the whole purpose of organics is to create a living soil....tap water unfiltered will kill off the microbiology in the soil... thats the purpose of adding it to water, to kill off bacteria... bubbling the water only releases the chlorine gas, not cholormines... also my ppm of tap water is around 400ppm...way too high to feed plants with, because that 400ppm of unknowns is taking the place where nutrients could become saturated instead..

I hear ya but tap water that's reasonable is fine for organics, obviously your tap @ 400ppm is not. My tap is about 140, I add about 20 gallons of RO water to my 55 gallon drum topping it off with tap bringing it down too 100ppm or so.

I've been growing for over a year with tap as well as most others do, I know hydro guys that run RO as would I but not in soilless, there is too much trace minerals to leave on the table dude, especially growing organics. If chloramines and all that worries you, buy a good regular filter to remove chlorine or whatever, RO is overboard for dirt growing. I'm growing veganic/organic with tap by the way. The only reason I use the RO mix is because I had an RO setup from my hydro days.

I stopped using RO about a year ago, was mixing it 50/50 with my 220ppm tap, but stopped using the RO completely and haven't seen any problems, and I still use the GO CAMG+ with every watering

What kind of application rates are you using the go ca/mg at? I added lime to my soil this time so I've been watching out for deficiencies but have yet to see any. However deficiency or not by week 2 of bloom I will start adding it just because but I'm still not sure how much, probably 5ml per or something I'm thinking.

1tsp per gallon each watering

Ive only just been getting skooled on Cal-mag last few months and im adding it to my potting mix combo from now. My soil should be near perfect growing medium now, i always used basically same ingredients as told from an old grower i know, sum regular potting mix, sand, pea straw mixed together, not alot of pea straw, but in the middle to bottom half to aid drainage and root growth. Now i mix in a few cups of cal mag b4 planting, and water with a liqiud fert solution and my girls always show strong growth, even if she's been super cropped the repair rate is great and havent shocked a plant very bad once. Last girl i grew to 5ft in a 20 litre pot, have larger ones now so hopin for sum gains.. Good luk and Happy Harvesting;)

ive been using G O since i started and it works great. with my experience, atleast, ive never burned my girls with over feeding. i really like their products.

horrible idea shouldnt use tap water, cuz i has chlorine in it which fucks up organism life, use calmag directly with water like it says, do mix with other chemicals it will work better with less problems if you mix all solutions seperately into the water, i use botaincare calmag, cuz it works excellent, i havent noticed it mess up any of my microbial life in any of my plants, even if its not organic, its the only inorganic thing i use
Plus if you use regular well water, during seedling phase, they will be getting calmag and iron from the water, so nutes early on

do you pH the water? it says not to on the box, but I'm unsure what to do :\ I use non r/o water it's about 7.5-8.
no need to ph the water, unless its tap or ro, well water has perfect ph 5.8 - 6.2, as long as all solutions are added seperately to the water, the PH will be good, if you water is that high 5ml of baking soda to bring ph down .5 - .8 depending on brand of baking soda.

As far as the cal mag deficiency..... "I use 1tsp GO CaMag+ per gallon for every watering from 2 weeks in veg to 1 week before harvest. Haven't had a cal/mag def since I started using it, much better than the botanicare cal/mag+ which for me was always too much or too little."

Totally agree with this quote, and would add that sometimes hitting it with a little extra nitrogen even in flower can help. Depending on the genetics, they uptake nitrogen at different times in the flower cycle. When using organics the plant is communicating with you the seasons are always changing room temps are changing and the plant will uptake differently as well. Try going a bit heavier on the Nutrients, with a nice innoculation of mycorrhizae. Water it in with some nutes and you will style out your root zone so the plant can get back on track with the food it needs.

Try adding Sea 90 or dead sea salts as well for a different mag hit.

Some ideas to work with, good luck and keep it OG!!

I'm using teaspoon of epsom salt with r/o water or distilled water. There's plenty of calcium in worm castings which I use a shit load of.

Back
Top Bottom