Are my autos ok?

Dendrophile

420 Member
I have some 2 weeks old autos growing outdoor in living soil and Im concerned about their size. I think they are quite small for 2 weeks old. They get 8 hours of sun everyday. I water evety 4 5 days with a small amount and Im not seeing a growth spurt yet. What do you think? They look super green and their leaves are praying. Most autos grow journals I see at 14 day mark are usually twice my size.

IMG_20230602_185205.jpg

I have some 2 weeks old autos growing outdoor in living soil and Im concerned about their size. I think they are quite small for 2 weeks old. They get 8 hours of sun everyday. I water evety 4 5 days with a small amount and Im not seeing a growth spurt yet. What do you think? They look super green and their leaves are praying. Most autos grow journals I see at 14 day mark are usually twice my size.

IMG_20230602_185205.jpg

There's several factors at play. If you're comparing to an indoor grow where the plants are getting 18-20 hours of light, yes yours will be smaller. Temperature plays a factor too. If your overnight lows are in the 60's, they aren't going to grow as fast. Also there's the particular strain to consider. Every time I've grown Northern Lights, it always seems to be smaller and "stall", then once it gets going, it grows like crazy. The current OGesus Autos that I have now just came out of the ground like a rocket. I'd just focus on plant health at this time. If they're green, happy, and praying, you're ok.

Day 14 OGesus Autos

IMG_20230602_185205.jpg
Hi they look ok they should start to take off now every auto ive grown has had 2 weeks seedling stage they have also grown at the same speed as my photoperiod if u have older auto strains they grow fast 3 to 4 weeks until flower the newer strains ive grown have took 6 weeks to start flowering 12 weeks total

Hello guys. Today is day 17 or 18. My plants are planted in a regular potting soil mix and some sheep and goat shit from our garden. I did the ratio 1/3. Now I was wondering If its a good time to add some fertilizer. We have this. Its 15-15-15 Npk and Ive been wondering If its a good idea to drop a little amount on next watering. Like 1 teaspoon It's plant. What do you think?
IMG_20230604_160255.jpg

Guys help. I've noticed a lot of red tiny spiders hanging around the pots and the leaves of my plants. What can I do to get rid off them? Ive killed at least 50 with my hands and they are full of blood.

Get and use some Sierra Natural Science 217c as soon as possible! Spider mites are a major b-i-A-t-c-h plant killer. SNS 209 is another good one to have around.

3 days later. It seems they are growing. Hopefully I can get 2 more weeks of veg before they start to flower. 18 days today. Regarding spider mites I can't buy SNS can I spray them with a solution of water, alcohol, and soap?

IMG_20230605_145816.jpg

Gladly I don't think they are flowering yet. They just start showing their sex. That's great. Great sunny day today and Ive noticed they starting get taller and stopped focusing so much on their roots. I'm thinking of watering them with compost tea In a few days :) I sprayed them with Alcohol and Soap yesterday and I didn't see any mites today :D

IMG_20230606_135138.jpg

I've noticed a lot of red tiny spiders hanging around the pots and the leaves of my plants. What can I do to get rid off them?
Before jumping the gun it is best to be sure of what you have. There is a good chance that what you have is the "red clover mite" which usually lives on blades of lawn grasses and some other landscape plants. They might have shown up on your plants because the plants were there and they will leave soon.

Or they could be a red spider which is usually found outside and is an actual spider and will eat mites, including the 2-spotted mite which is also called a Spider Mite. The Spider Mite is the one that causes problems for marijuana plants while the regular spiders, including the red spider will kill and eat the spider mite.

It is best to know what insects are there, whether mites or something else, before killing off everything that can be seen. Sometimes growers find out that the insect they are trying to get rid of is the one that is showing up as an out of control population because they actually killed off the very predators that were keeping the problem insect under control.

Ive killed at least 50 with my hands and they are full of blood.
Probably not blood but just their natural color which is red.

Since you can see them and smash them and then can see the red stain afterwards makes me think that they are the "red clover mite" and not 2-spotted mites (spider mites). The average person finds it next to impossible to see a Spider Mite without using a microscope. And spider mites rarely look blood red and are more of a reddish brown.

Anyone knows what this yellow brownish spots mean? I woke up an saw them in a bunch of my plants. They are mostly on the first set of leaves but some caught them also on newer leaves. Thanks

IMG_20230607_151931.jpg

Back
Top Bottom