Are there any grow tents without light leaks?

I dont worry about light leaks. I grow outdoors and indoors. Man the moon when its getting full and after its REAL bright for a week or longer. Some nights I dont need a flashlight.

If your plants are reacting poorly to a little bit of light leak with all the doors closed, I'd be looking for better seeds/genetics.

I have an LA tent too its a 5x10. I dont even shut the doors in flower just turn lights off and weed good.
Totally agree, the whole light leak thing always seemed over rated. I had photo running and went into the grow area with a flashlight to correct quick issues, no probs.

Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. How can plants be in moonlight all night & not Hermie; yet a pin hole light leak can cause one ?
"Cause people see something they cannot understand. They have to blame someone or something rather than try to figure out just what went wrong.

Dont know what to say. I've read dozens upon dozens of threads on multiple site saying exact opposite. 1 st grow with cheep tent with lots of leaks and plants went hermie, covered tent in black plastic and never happened again. Could be something else but "if it looks like a duck"......
And how many of those dozens of people saying the opposite have deliberately grown plants in the complete dark and the same number of plants in a tent with a light leak. Those dozens and dozens of threads are people repeating what they read in dozens of threads earlier.

We will really find out what is really the case once the Feds reclassify Marijuana and scientists are able to actually study the plant and how it grows.

Get a Mars Hydro tent. I just got a new 5x5 and completely satisfied.

IF the mylar was chipping off... that would be a much larger problem for me than light leaks but I dont watch TV in my flower room either.

Herms from light leak is a guess at best. I'd be looking into what stresses the plant in going thru. Light leak ain't one of them. Pretty sure on that.

I've often wondered about this issue, I don't have a tent but I was curious.

So as I read this thread it comes to mind...is there something in a aerosol can that can seal most of these leaks and not make a mess of it? If not perhaps there is a lucrative opportunity there for someone to look into. Patch in a can?

So as I read this thread it comes to mind...is there something in a aerosol can that can seal most of these leaks and not make a mess of it?
Die hard ice fishermen and women do not want any light leaks in their ice fishing shanties. The more light-proof the shanty the more light will come up from the ice. It would not surprise me if some of those guys and gals have some suggestions.

If you buy a mars tent don't untuck the seams around the door and windows.
I was being an idiot and did that while setting mine up not realizing it was done as some hack to stop light leaks through the zippers... It could've been handled better but It's alright and does the job. I only have the one tent at the moment so leaks aren't a worry to me but if I had another tent beside it I'd likely be asking the same question. Either way mine seems to leak out of the corners a bit not just the zippers.

I've often wondered about this issue, I don't have a tent but I was curious.

So as I read this thread it comes to mind...is there something in a aerosol can that can seal most of these leaks and not make a mess of it? If not perhaps there is a lucrative opportunity there for someone to look into. Patch in a can?
They sell Fabric repair kits for car seats at Autozone. That would probably work. I was patching a few here & there with the aluminum duct tape on the inside of the tent. Best fixes I could think of to fix a few holes. But not as many as in this tent.

The BudBox Pro XL might be a good one to look at. Got the openings you want. 5x5 in two different heights. White interior that beats silver mylar.
I can vouch for this brand.

4x4 here and into its 5th year or so and still as good as day one. White interior and everything intact with no rips, tears, leaks, pin holes, broken zips etc. All great.

Very good product imo.

IMG_20210415_214044.jpg
IMG_20210420_191610.jpg

For what it's worth, I got my first tent 2 years ago, 6 grows past. It's a 3x3 (all the space I have) Maxsisun, and I paid $70 for it new (they're up to 90 now), and only now showing 1 pinhole at the zipper, near the top. Not anywhere near a problem. I open that section at least twice daily when growing, and the zipper I thought would be the weak spot. My only issue is they don't come taller then 6', which at times limits me to Indicas, so I'm trying scrog.
Maybe luck of the draw, but I'll buy another when it's time to replace.

Hey everyone, long time grower but new to the forums. I've been lurking and reading a while but I felt strongly enough about this topic to make my first post here. I bought a Spider Farmer 28" x 55" x 80" tent and there are no light leaks. I can't tell you how many tents I've seen that where threaded needle holes show light. I was actually surprised at the quality of this one though. Zippers are big, heavy and solid and there's plenty of ventilation and setup options. The best part: it is surprisingly easy to maintain consistent temps/humidity. I also love the fact that it has one huge door on the front that opens almost from one corner to the other. It makes it so much easier to work in!
Mars and AC Infinity makes some awesome tents as well but so far I've found you get the most for your money with SF. One thing though, watch your sizes if you have space constraints. I bought a 2'x4'x80" SF but the actual size of the tent is 28"x55"80". It didn't bother me, I have plenty of room but it would suck to buy the tent and then it not fit in your grow space because it was several inches off. Nobody wants to be bummed like that lol

Hey everyone, long time grower but new to the forums. I've been lurking and reading a while but I felt strongly enough about this topic to make my first post here. I bought a Spider Farmer 28" x 55" x 80" tent and there are no light leaks. I can't tell you how many tents I've seen that where threaded needle holes show light. I was actually surprised at the quality of this one though. Zippers are big, heavy and solid and there's plenty of ventilation and setup options. The best part: it is surprisingly easy to maintain consistent temps/humidity. I also love the fact that it has one huge door on the front that opens almost from one corner to the other. It makes it so much easier to work in!
Mars and AC Infinity makes some awesome tents as well but so far I've found you get the most for your money with SF. One thing though, watch your sizes if you have space constraints. I bought a 2'x4'x80" SF but the actual size of the tent is 28"x55"80". It didn't bother me, I have plenty of room but it would suck to buy the tent and then it not fit in your grow space because it was several inches off. Nobody wants to be bummed like that lol
It's those Chinese inches they are measuring.

Back
Top Bottom