Best/Cheapest Place to Buy Gorilla Grow Tent?

Hey All! I am looking at buying a 4x4 Gorilla Grow Tent for a flowering tent. I figure I should go ahead and get the nice one (Classic Gorilla Grow Tent) for my flowering tent because I don't want to deal with light leaks or any problems. I will probably get a cheaper one for a veg tent. My reasoning is, it won't need to be as thick as the flowering tent because it will have less smell and less bad effects from any possible light leaks. Thoughts? Are the Gorilla Grow Tents really that much better than their cheaper, Amazon counterparts? My main concern for the flowering tent is light leaks and smell.

Any sponsors on here that have good prices on them? Forum discounts?

My reasoning is, it won't need to be as thick as the flowering tent because it will have less smell and less bad effects from any possible light leaks

I'd think "smell" (if you're referring to the odor of the cannabis inside the tent and not the smell of the tent itself, lol) would be determined by your exhaust fan and carbon filter setup. That is, assuming you're talking about smell outside of the tent.

Yep I am talking about any aroma that may leak of the tent itself. I've read enough to know that I will need negative pressure that will be created by the exhaust fan/carbon filter. I have an adjustable speed fan and 6'' carbon filter that I had to sit outside the closet I used for my last grow. Even just sitting in the room it helped cut down on the scent. Never having grown in a tent before, I am concerned about the scent escaping, even with negative pressure and a good exhaust setup.

I did see that mars hydro, a site sponsor, makes a tent that is 1680D which is the same thickness as Gorilla. I am assuming the thicker the material the better it will seal out light and aroma in.

I'll say this much in regards to smell. Running a 4x4 tent with a 6"x12" Phat filter. The guy at the hydro said that it is "what they recommend for that size space." Buying that filter I knew the CFMs were too low for my 400 CFM fan, but the guy at the hydro also said that wouldn't be a problem. Thankfully I live on the EDGE so none of this really bothers me. It's all about the cheap thrills meng.

I had no odor issues up until week 4, but now my basement smells like an edibles factory. So if you think you'll be dealing with some seriously loud stuff, then definitely get a 6"x16" or greater. Especially with a gorilla tent. You'll be able to run negative pressure that would make my tent implode.

Hey TokeMOn, thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. I went and measured my filter, I should have been more specific, it is 6''x16''. This is what I have right now. VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Think that would be sufficient in a 4x4?
I am moving to tents because I could smell the scent outside while doing yard work during my last grow lol.

1666404614015.png

I bought one of the mars hydro combo setups. Only paid like $400 usd for the 4×4×7 tent and 900 watt led light. Seems to be great so far

Back
Top Bottom