Are these buds awesome or mediocre?

teamgilly

i have harvested most of my plants and i am wondering if they look normal. this is my first grow and thehy look knida dry. do they look ok to yu guys?
P8200374.JPG
P8200370.JPG
P8200369.JPG
P8200366.JPG
P8200375.JPG

Re: are these buds awesom or medocere?

Looks pretty damn good to me. How it smokes is the true measure. Who cares how pretty they are if they have no high. By the same token, who cares how ugly they are if they hammer you.

average...what do you want a pat on the back? ok first time..good for you and enjoy the smoke. I am sure your next grow will be even better. Hey we learn as we go...right?

I reread what I posted and regrettably It wasquite snarkish..I apologize...yeah each harvest we learn..I have just harvested my plants and it was better than my previous and Im sure my next grow will be better

thanks guys, i think your right i could do better

Nothing wrong with those buds. If you do better next time you're right up there with the pros.

How do they smoke? What's the buzz, tell me what's happening!

Home grown bud is always better than the shit you get off the street. Like a stolen watermelon it always tastes sweeter than the same one bought at the store!

Fresh bud is the BEST! IMHO.

dude ur buds look hella betta than my first grow so I couldn't say anythin negative, not to mention you seem like you got a very decent yield

they smoke pretty good but harsh, so says my mother in law whom i grow for. I however can not smoke now because of this new job i got so i am fucked. ill save that diatribe for another post. they just lack a good dank smell (kinda grassy rgiht now) and they are not as dence as i wish. also the ones i dried seemed kinda crumbley. maybe its becase its mine that i am so critical. thanks for all your comments though. i am manicureing my last one right now. gonna hang it to dry in 5 min. cheers

the harsh taste is normal.. that happened to me too and my first harvest especially the on the "samples" that I pulled...
I found that a slower cure or putting the bud in jars about a day before the stems snap makes for a very smooth smoke..

jus remember that if u put it in the jar a day earlier you will have to check it in about 8-12 hrs and leave it uncapped for a while..

if u do that the smoke will be smooooth...

can we get some details? what was the strain? how was it grown? how long did ya veg it.. nutes?

jus curious :ganjamon:
but like I said it looks like it was a very successful harvest, and definitly nice buds even more so cuz it was your first grow..

take it easy bro

It was white widow, in soil 3-gallon bags, 15 plants total (still haven't harvested 6 of them because they were from a sativa dominant plant) I used a 400 watt in a one meter square hydro hut tent. I didn't veg it for a specific amount of time rather for a specific height. Some were veged to 6 inches some for 10 and then some for 12. I harvested 9 of them from 63 to 70 days (a couple of plants every other day). I've been flat broke so I didn't have a scale but I finally got some money and i bought one today and ill be adding a preliminary weight later today, however I will not be able to give a freshly harvested weight. Tomorrow I will buy a 600-watt light and ballast. I had bought a bunch of equipment over a year time and had planned to try growing. I did a lot of studying and finally the day came when I said why keep planning and trying to know everything before hand, time has come for doing. So I jumped in and I have made a lot of mistakes but by and large everything went according to plan. It is a good feeling. I know there is still much to learn!,

thanks everyone for your advice and encouraging comments!!

I would be happy to smoke those buds. for a first grow they are beautiful!!

Great job man! There is no reason to knock that chronic. You should be proud man!

they look pretty frosty to me.. good job :ganjamon:

thanks guys, i have a final weight for 8 plants. 1/4 pound, I am very proud but frankly i was hoping for double that. I used a 400 watt what kinda incress can i expect with a 600? ill post some pics tomorrow

they look crystally and good, could be a low yielding strain...they do look rather airy and fluffy

they look awesome man. im sure you might be able to dial it in for improved yield if you do it a few times.

I am by no means any expert at indoor growing, so I don't know what to expect. But from an outdoorsy kind of view, the buds look like they could have stacked longer. Stem makes them look stretchy, possibly due to not enough light, and if they're fluffy buds as well, perhaps more wattage would be in order since that's another indicator of not enough light. The calyxes look small to me, more leaf in bud than calyx, which makes me think that you may have plucked them a little soon. What color were your trichomes when you harvested?

Back
Top Bottom