Are these over watered, under watered or nute deficiency?

In Parenthesis

420 Member
Hi, new to the forum and growing. This my first grow and did quite alot of research. I germinated the seeds in a paper towel, then put them into solo cups. Watered them a little and put them into the propagator. My temps are 25°c and rh in the propagator is around 75%. They were doing great untill a few days ago I gave them a small amount of water (ph6) and they started to turn a lime green and slow down a little. They're12days old and I've now taken them out of the propagator, as the coco didn't seem to dry at all in there. Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Screenshot_20191122_112321_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

People are going to want to know more info before they can help.

Is there a hold in the bottom of each plastic cup?

Is the coco mixed with anything?

What nutrients are being supplied at this stage or just plain water? How do you plan on feeding the plants as they get bigger?

One thing I did see though is that both plastic cups are cracked or something is wrong with them. What I have noticed over the years is that the soil mix or growing medium in the cracked plastic cups will shift around more when often it is handled and this has the potential to break smaller roots.

At this time I am not able to help with solving the problem since I do not use coco. That might change over the winter as I try a few things.

What nutrients are being supplied at this stage or just plain water? How do you plan on feeding the plants as they get bigger?

One thing I did see though is that both plastic cups are cracked or something is wrong with them. What I have noticed over the years is that the soil mix or growing medium in the cracked plastic cups will shift around more when often it is handled and this has the potential to break smaller roots.

At this time I am not able to help with solving the problem since I do not use coco. That might change over the winter as I try a few things.

Hi, atm just fed them a little bit of water, ph6, I have got some canna start to give them, and the range of canna products to get me through to finish. Coco not mixed with anything but have got some perlite for when they go into bigger pots. As for the cups, there are plenty of drain holes, no standing water in there, the first cup I sliced down the sides so it would be easier to replant when they need to.

Coco looks nice and moist :thumb:

The ONLY time I had issues with overwatering in my coco grow was early on when I had my seedlings in peat pots that didn't drain the water, they just held onto it so it got waterlogged.... as soon as I punched a bunch of extra holes in the bottom to allow the water to runoff it was fine.

Good luck :)

Right guys, nearly ready to repot, I've got 12ltr pots to use. Will they be OK to go straight into them or should I get some smaller pots for now?
IMG-20191203-WA0013.jpeg

Your plants look perfect. Only thing I would do if I was you would be to selectively remove a couple of the larger fan leaves to allow light to the lower branches. It’s a balancing act not to remove too much but take the ones that are visibly blocking light to lower tops and branches

Back
Top Bottom