New member: first ever grow

themac

420 Member
Hi guys,

I have joined to get some expert advise on my first grow. We are in the very early stages of the grow, seedlings (autos - ice strain) about 1 week in, We have moved them from the heated propagator to 20l pots, filled with coco, and now have the lights on them at a low 250.

The seedings I fear are stretched, and the leafs are curling under, so from what I've read that is overwatered, I am expecting a humidifyer to arrive tomorrow, and going to get a fan on in the tent tonight.

Can anyone give me advise on what to do next to remedy the situation or if we're okay?

I was thinking of moving them back into the propagator and filling it with soil, but the root is already coming out of the bottom of the jiffy, so i thought it would be best to move into the big pots? Not going to water them again until the soil is dry, i've put my hand in (about 2 inchs) and the soil is moist (not soaking by any means)

Will attach some photos in the next post

Pictures would definitely be helpful for diagnosis. But it's very hard (not impossible) to over-water with coco coir. What is the heat/humidity of your grow space and what pH is your water at when watering the plant?

I would also begin letting a fan blow softly over them and lower the lamp some, 250 W of light should be fine that that young age. but to strengthen the stem you need a fan. JMHO!

hi there,

sorry for the slow reply and no pictures, i will upload them tomorrow, but on a positive note, my plants are doing amazing, they are very healthy and growing quickly in perfect conditions now, we have 6 leaves on each seedling/plant now!

Today i have noticed that the blades on some of leaves are beginning to curl upwards, any pointers to help with this issue would be much appreciated. I am really enjoying the process and i know mistakes have to be made to learn, but i wan't these bad boys in top shape. If you notice anything else wrong with them please let me know.
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1531 (2).JPG
IMG_1530.JPG

Hope you have a fan blowing on them, that stem looks mighty thin. The light makes it hard to see what the plant looks like, but at least your getting good growth.. Good job.

Hello everybody, seen alot of growth over the past week but still having issues with drooping leaves and curling blades, what could this be ? I feel they are weakening, they don't look as proud as they once was.

IMG_1543.JPGIMG_1542.JPGIMG_1541.JPGIMG_1540.JPG

The plants have been getting watered every time the lights come back on with 2 litres of water each, is this not enough water ? And no i have not used any fertiliser as of yet, I was told that you don't need to use any for a month or so until the all the nutrients in the seed has been used up, but i do feel these plants have grown rapidly in 20 days. Do they look like they are ready for feed ? thank you for your time :)

And no i have not used any fertiliser as of yet, I was told that you don't need to use any for a month or so until the all the nutrients in the seed has been used up, but i do feel these plants have grown rapidly in 20 days.
Not sure where you heard that......coco is inert, unlike soil.
I feed daily to run off starting at sprout, and twice a day in flower.
Never let it dry out.
Never use plain water.
Always feed to run off.
These plants are 21 days from sprout for a comparison.......fed nutes every day.
21 days.JPG

The plants have been getting watered every time the lights come back on with 2 litres of water each, is this not enough water ? And no i have not used any fertiliser as of yet, I was told that you don't need to use any for a month or so until the all the nutrients in the seed has been used up, but i do feel these plants have grown rapidly in 20 days. Do they look like they are ready for feed ? thank you for your time :)
You need to feed 1/4 strength nutes one or more times a day, watering to runoff.
Coco does not hold nutrients so start feeding immediately. Your pH needs to be at 5.8 going in.

Thanks for your support everyone i will begin feeding right away and water till run off, The temperature is about 25 degrees in the room, humidity is 50% a fan is giving each plant a good rustle. p.s those 21 day plants look awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom