Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Growing in my shed and temps have been in the low 70s but my space heater shut off and when I went in there today it was 48. Not sure how long it was off for but no more than 24 hours. Will this stunt growth? They're 6 weeks into veg

Yeah thats what it looks like to me, as well. Either lock-out from wonky ph or a straight up deficiency. It gets out of control quickly and can really mess up yield. I can testify to that.

Rn I'm facing some problems
420-magazine-mobile557484444.jpg
what would make the super leaves wilt like that I've had a nut burn problem and I'm now flushing but I don't think they've had time to dry out for I flushed cause it was either wait for them to dry out while plant suffers or add more water and get rid of but burn
420-magazine-mobile623608319.jpg
other then that though my plant is doing pretty damn well OH MIGHT I ADD THAT THIS STEM IS KINDA SNAPPED SO IM REALLY PUSHING FOR THIS TO GROW A LITTLE MORE AND MATURE AND THIS WILL BE THE FIRST ONE I CUT OFF BEFORE HARVEST BUT AFTER FLUSH
420-magazine-mobile713085504.jpg
she's fucking huge ! .
420-magazine-mobile865239688.jpg
i have not burn on ends of leafs with curling and this is what da leaves look like
420-magazine-mobile654650233.jpg

You in soil jdub? If so, that is not my area of knowledge. I run strictly hydro and know next to nothing about soil plants except how to kill them. Lol i will dig around and see if i can find anything while you wait for others to pitch in their knowledge.

Need some help here guys

DWC Hydro setup

Seedling was in solo cup for 8 or 9 days before transfered to DWC.

Layer of pebbles and then the root/stem

Water level is above basket giving lots of hydration with no top feed

Transplanted the plant to DWC 5 days ago. This is what she looked like

420-magazine-mobile1358358761.jpg

5 days later she is no bigger..she is alive and the stem seems strong as she holds herself uo

Under the 1st set of leaves are the original 2 that sprouts. Thry are turning yellow now.

This is the after shot 5 days later

420-magazine-mobile1164046901.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2035214759.jpg

Water is pH 5.9

Thinking I should either add. More water to raise the water level or lower the plant further in the bucket.

Not sure on this one. Thanks!

Need some help here guys

DWC Hydro setup

Seedling was in solo cup for 8 or 9 days before transfered to DWC.

Layer of pebbles and then the root/stem

Water level is above basket giving lots of hydration with no top feed

Transplanted the plant to DWC 5 days ago. This is what she looked like

420-magazine-mobile1358358761.jpg

5 days later she is no bigger..she is alive and the stem seems strong as she holds herself uo

Under the 1st set of leaves are the original 2 that sprouts. Thry are turning yellow now.

This is the after shot 5 days later

420-magazine-mobile1164046901.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2035214759.jpg

Water is pH 5.9

Thinking I should either add. More water to raise the water level or lower the plant further in the bucket.

Not sure on this one. Thanks!

Hey Nick, i know when i grew dwc the upper growth always seemd slow while the roots were growing and searching out water, however i always used a drip ring to top feed until the tap touched my rez, just to keep the media saturated. I also used like 1/16 strength nutes for tge first week or so until roots in rez also. My cotyledons almost always turned yellow at first until i started using low concentrations of nutrients from the get go. They use up their "starter" food they're born with quickly when they have nothing to draw from the growing media. Hydroton, lava rocks, perlite.. They are barren. She may be showing you shes starting to get hungry.
I would recommend adding light nutes and top feeding just a bit beside the stem to help her grow a taproot faster.
Just what works for me brother. I am no expert but ive had a few nice dwc grows.

Hey Nick, i know when i grew dwc the upper growth always seemd slow while the roots were growing and searching out water, however i always used a drip ring to top feed until the tap touched my rez, just to keep the media saturated. I also used like 1/16 strength nutes for tge first week or so until roots in rez also. My cotyledons almost always turned yellow at first until i started using low concentrations of nutrients from the get go. They use up their "starter" food they're born with quickly when they have nothing to draw from the growing media. Hydroton, lava rocks, perlite.. They are barren. She may be showing you shes starting to get hungry.
I would recommend adding light nutes and top feeding just a bit beside the stem to help her grow a taproot faster.
Just what works for me brother. I am no expert but ive had a few nice dwc grows.

Really appreciate the feedback. I gave her small 1/4 dose of nutes when I started. I will take your advice and do another feeding with a top feed as well. It's my 1st hydro grow and not used to seeing the cotyledons go yellow so fast with very little growth. Cheers!

Are they a good brand? If I got 1 600W I think I could get away with that for my entire grow and still have a good yelid.
What about height? Is 150cm height ok for LED use? And heat wise I'm presuming they won't kick out more than big 200W my CFL's?

I have a 2' x 2' x 5' tall tent with a Viparspectra 600 watt fixture in it. Four weeks in my second grow with the light and tent. The light I believe is rated to cover up to a 3x3 tent maximum. It does a great job in the 2 x 2 tent.

Really appreciate the feedback. I gave her small 1/4 dose of nutes when I started. I will take your advice and do another feeding with a top feed as well. It's my 1st hydro grow and not used to seeing the cotyledons go yellow so fast with very little growth. Cheers!

Hi nick.
Some solid advice from lazarus.
Can I chip in with one thing, I've seen good results when you leave a little air gap between the net pot and the water level. It gives a chance for the roots to get strongly established before sitting in water.

Any other ideas? Id have to put so much in this sand I may as well grow in straight pearlite and go hydro.

I feel like I need some more carbon (browns) in my soil, like wood.
Ok so in some of my reading material I've found mulch on top of your plant soil will prevent soil compacting.. so a good on for a sandy gorilla grow perhaps?

Still would love help on this
420-magazine-mobile576908968.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1559449358.jpg

If you look at the pic above. I have a 600 w led light with veg and bloom lights also I have 2 cfls with done reflectors on each side

Hey you have smart pots where do you take your plants or what do you put under them when you flush them?
420-magazine-mobile727130884.jpg
this is my plant
Well I've been pondering putting a elevated long flat Bin with a hole drilled and hose before it's too late. That way I can flush and remove run off.

But what's wrong w her. Just ordered sledge hammer.

I'll pm you and show when don't.. after the 50 other projects lol

Back
Top Bottom