Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I had a question about nutes. I'm using GH flora series. Micro, grow and bloom. Also Calmag and Armour Si. Are the other additives (Diamond nectar,etc.) really effective? I'm growing in a 70-30 coco/perlite mix, under a 1000w full spectrum Gixxer. I have one in my 36x20x62" tent. Would it be overkill to add another LED during flower?

as a soil guy I can't really say about the extra goodies in a soiless medium...I believe there is always the next best thing being hyped...I'm skeptical of the claimed benefits...if that light is pulling about 300 watts from the wall, you should be good in a tent that size...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...

I had a question about nutes. I'm using GH flora series. Micro, grow and bloom. Also Calmag and Armour Si. Are the other additives (Diamond nectar,etc.) really effective? I'm growing in a 70-30 coco/perlite mix, under a 1000w full spectrum Gixxer. I have one in my 36x20x62" tent. Would it be overkill to add another LED during flower?
Thought I'd add a pic. 18days from sprout. Purple Punch.

Attachments

• 20200303_102817.jpg
    20200303_102817.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 20200303_102736.jpg
    20200303_102736.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 240
Another question - sorry about all the questions. I tried searching all over the internet to find an answer to avoid bugging you folks but i'm here as a last resort.

I was looking up RO systems at a large online retailer and found a variety of systems (many on sale) and what I'm trying to accomplish is find an adapter to connect to 5/8 tubing and 3/16 tubing to hook the water pump to the RO system for filtration before the plant is top fed. The RO system itself would be attached to either the reservoir or to the external housing (a larger tote) in which the reservoir will be placed.

Can anyone recommend a good colloidal silver or any tips for seed production?
Try the search function, that's how I found the one above. It's all here somewhere ;)

Could anyone advise me on how to encourage male plant growth for breeding purposes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

as in you have one ... ? or you want one ... ?

if you have one, grow it like normal cannabis. they are easier to grow than the girls even.
if you want one, buy a bag of reg seeds in the strain you want. odds are 60% or so will be male.

Could anyone advise me on how to encourage male plant growth for breeding purposes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Skip the colloidal silver and get some silver thiosulfate. A friend recently bought a kit from Twenty420 Mendocino that worked a peach.

Skip the colloidal silver and get some silver thiosulfate. A friend recently bought a kit from Twenty420 Mendocino that worked a peach.

first i ever heard of using it for seed was in film school in the 80's. it was used in the developing process and i couldn't figure out why we had so much interest in the stuff from outside the faculty lol

Back
Top Bottom