Aspen's Alaskan Purple In Soil - 2022

The blueberries have recovered from their calmag deficiency and are now draining the 1/4 gallon I give them in 3-4 days. I fully believe having the reservoirs at 1/2 full gave them too much water and they got comfortable where they were and didn't show any aggressive growth. With less water, there's more of a moisture gradient in the container which would force roots to seek the water further below. These are now at the edge of the pots so I'm not going to tie them down further and just let them grow up a few inches. Then flip.

The new growth is a nice green color and not showing any calmag defs, so I think we're set for the flip. I'm going out of town for the next 5 days so the current plan is to up-pot the AP when I'm back, then flip 3-4 days after that. See everyone next week!
You could tie them sideways around the pot edge if you want to squeeze just a little more veg time for them.

Hi everybody! It's good to be back home after vacation to San Diego, CA. Great trip, great experiences, it was a lovely time. I had no idea dispensaries can deliver there...so it was awesome having the weed store show up at my hotel since I didn't get a rental car. Super cool!

Anyway, the blueberries look great although there's some older fans that aren't recovering from the calmag issue a couple weeks ago. This was to be expected, and the new growth is a nice dark green with light tips, which tells me the feed they received just before I left worked out. The res' were down to maybe an 1/8th of a gallon. I watered everything PH 6.4, PPM 400 with just calmag @ 5ml / gallon. Quarter gallon per res, and the rest to the AP.

As you can see there's great growth from the last week and the older fans on both plants are dying, which is fine. I haven't pulled them yet, but I'm sure tomorrow when there's more time in the day I'll clean both plants up and will be thinking of flipping in the next few days I think.

Now...I have some ... sad? bad? news. The AP definitely went through her pot of water and experienced quite the dry cycle. I'm confident she'll recover, but just as a heads up, this pic might affect some viewers!

I knew this was going to happen, but I didn't think it'd be quite as bad. Some of the younger fans towards the center of the plant are definitely dead, but everything else is a nice shade of green, and after 40 minutes of being watered, here's what I see in my cam view:

1677636331955.png

She's already starting to stand up and tomorrow morning she'll be right back to where she needs to be. So I think she'll be fine!

Also, my humidity sensor didn't update correctly 2 days after I left which put the entire tent into a "needs water" state, meaning the humidifier didn't run for 80% of the time. The range was 56% during the day to 33% during the night. Not the best thing that could've happened...but it's not the worst either.

It's been a full day of traveling a few thousand miles so tomorrow I'll grab a seat and go through the entire tent clipping dead leaves and any nodes that won't make it. I'm going to really consider the timeline when I do this, because we might be flipping in a few days. Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully the AP pulls through and I'm sure she will...but the next few days will show me more.

Hi everybody. Finally got in the tent this morning and cleared out the dead leaves and tied the blueberries down for the last time before flip. The AP is on day 96, so I think it'll be fitting to flip in 4 days, on day 100. Why not. Also, instead of topping the AP trying to keep it the same height of the blueberries...I can just remove the box it's sitting on and it'll be lower to the floor. Super.

I cleaned up the small stuff that won't make it to canopy, so now we'll just wait for day 100 and will probably flip the entire tent. And as you can see, she's not dead!

The blueberries are just trucking along and look great. Not much to say on them other than defoling a bit and readjusting their ties. I'm not going to worry about going around the rim on these, they're just going to be flipped when the AP is. I'm thinking I should have plenty of tops on the blueberries so I'm not too concerned with flipping early or anything.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hi everybody! It's good to be back home after vacation to San Diego, CA. Great trip, great experiences, it was a lovely time. I had no idea dispensaries can deliver there...so it was awesome having the weed store show up at my hotel since I didn't get a rental car. Super cool!

Anyway, the blueberries look great although there's some older fans that aren't recovering from the calmag issue a couple weeks ago. This was to be expected, and the new growth is a nice dark green with light tips, which tells me the feed they received just before I left worked out. The res' were down to maybe an 1/8th of a gallon. I watered everything PH 6.4, PPM 400 with just calmag @ 5ml / gallon. Quarter gallon per res, and the rest to the AP.

As you can see there's great growth from the last week and the older fans on both plants are dying, which is fine. I haven't pulled them yet, but I'm sure tomorrow when there's more time in the day I'll clean both plants up and will be thinking of flipping in the next few days I think.

Now...I have some ... sad? bad? news. The AP definitely went through her pot of water and experienced quite the dry cycle. I'm confident she'll recover, but just as a heads up, this pic might affect some viewers!

I knew this was going to happen, but I didn't think it'd be quite as bad. Some of the younger fans towards the center of the plant are definitely dead, but everything else is a nice shade of green, and after 40 minutes of being watered, here's what I see in my cam view:

1677636331955.png

She's already starting to stand up and tomorrow morning she'll be right back to where she needs to be. So I think she'll be fine!

Also, my humidity sensor didn't update correctly 2 days after I left which put the entire tent into a "needs water" state, meaning the humidifier didn't run for 80% of the time. The range was 56% during the day to 33% during the night. Not the best thing that could've happened...but it's not the worst either.

It's been a full day of traveling a few thousand miles so tomorrow I'll grab a seat and go through the entire tent clipping dead leaves and any nodes that won't make it. I'm going to really consider the timeline when I do this, because we might be flipping in a few days. Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully the AP pulls through and I'm sure she will...but the next few days will show me more.
Oo noo 😞.. na she is tough she will be ok👍👍👍.

Thanks SJB! Cruising right along it seems like!

Quick update today, my schedule has been absolutely full to the brim these last couple of weeks, and unfortunately it's only getting worse, so updates won't be as often as I'd like. With that said, I'll still post when I can, especially as we transition into flower.

The tent was flipped 2 days ago on Monday. For this all I had to do was hit a button on my dashboard to send the tent into 12/12 lights, no humidifier, and exhaust fan on 100% of the time. This gives me a humidity range of 44% - 52% (day/night) so I won't need a dehumidifier right now, but may need it once they stretch.

Everything is still on track, no new deficiencies, and growth on all 3 plants has been awesome. I can't wait to see what the stretch brings, especially waiting all this time on the AP.

I'll try to get updates out when I can but I'm afraid they might come few and far between. At least, if something major happens, I'll report in and ask questions I'm sure. Thanks for stopping by!

Hello everyone, I hope it's been a great week/weekend! I finally have a few minutes to get in the tent and check out how the first week of flower has gone. The biggest changes have been that the light was turned to 100% last week, 2 days into flower schedule. I've kept the KS2500 at 75% and 18" throughout veg, so now it's at 100% and the plants have grown up to be 12" below the light. I can see visible stretching, which is great! At least 6" in the last week.

I've continued to defol here and there when I can't tuck a fan that's blocking a node site. So far all 3 canopies are more or less the same height, so that's good there. I'm no stranger to supercropping, so if that's in our future it'll be done in the next few weeks. Hopefully I timed it well enough that that won't be needed though.

The blueberries are thirstier than ever and are draining the 1/4 gallon + they've been getting fairly quickly. The AP is also going about 2 days between waterings. Now that I'm seeing the size of all the canopies I've decided not to mess with uppotting the AP, so she'll stay in her 1 gallon until she's done. It's going to add more work (more frequent watering) but it's taken her this long to get to this point and I really don't want to jeopardize her stretch/flower production.

Thanks for stopping in to see the show! I hope everyone has a great week this week!

Hello everyone, I hope it's been a great week/weekend! I finally have a few minutes to get in the tent and check out how the first week of flower has gone. The biggest changes have been that the light was turned to 100% last week, 2 days into flower schedule. I've kept the KS2500 at 75% and 18" throughout veg, so now it's at 100% and the plants have grown up to be 12" below the light. I can see visible stretching, which is great! At least 6" in the last week.

I've continued to defol here and there when I can't tuck a fan that's blocking a node site. So far all 3 canopies are more or less the same height, so that's good there. I'm no stranger to supercropping, so if that's in our future it'll be done in the next few weeks. Hopefully I timed it well enough that that won't be needed though.

The blueberries are thirstier than ever and are draining the 1/4 gallon + they've been getting fairly quickly. The AP is also going about 2 days between waterings. Now that I'm seeing the size of all the canopies I've decided not to mess with uppotting the AP, so she'll stay in her 1 gallon until she's done. It's going to add more work (more frequent watering) but it's taken her this long to get to this point and I really don't want to jeopardize her stretch/flower production.

Thanks for stopping in to see the show! I hope everyone has a great week this week!
Been pretty good for me. Looks good on your end too. Girls all nice and green . Ah smoke break. Lmao. Be back soon. Lmao. Got keep trolling

Hi everyone! I spent the evening yesterday doing a fairly aggressive defol on all 3 plants, and got pics this morning. A few of the ties on the blueberries had popped off, so I upgraded from the twist-tie-type-metal doohickies to a neoprene wire and leveled out the canopies a bit. There's some obvious height differences, but as long as the majority is flat that's all that matters to me.

It also appears the blueberries are now drinking 1/4 gallon A DAY, which is awesome to see. I'll need to measure tomorrow to confirm, but since I put in 1/2 gallon and they're now at 1/4 gallon, makes sense to me. I had to raise the lights this morning as well, the stretch is certainly on!

As a reminder they were flipped last week on Monday, so today marks day 10 in flower, and we have some signs on the AP!

Absolutely wonderful to see. The blueberries are a tad bit behind in pistil production but they're there and getting bigger none-the-less.

And some shots of the defol that happened:

I had a ton of fun (and it gave me something to do) setting up my "smart tent" system, but in using it for this cycle I've discovered some short comings that are pushing me to invest in a commercial system. For starters, I came into the tent this morning and saw the lights were off. They should have been on for 2.5 hours before I opened the tent, and that didn't happen. It's due to the wireless plug being cheap and shit, but that's my point. With my system, there's a LOT more risk in things going wrong and screwing up a 3 month grow (so far).

With that said, I finally started looking at the ACI system that @lootznbootz is using and have decided to move in that direction. I've already put in a new ACI fan, and plan on getting several more. Then I'll grab the smart hub and a wireless plug for the lights and humidifier and will transition the tent over to their systems. This is still a few months down the road, but it's looking like I might be adding a flower tent after this cycle and can begin a perpetual journey with clones. When that starts I do believe I'll be fully using the ACI system.

I'm beginning to see some clawing in the AP and am wondering if it's because I haven't been consistent in watering. I believe I'm waiting too long between waterings, so I'm hoping with a little more attention that'll solve itself in a week or so.

Thanks for coming in! We're starting to see flowering signs in all 3 plants, so we're definitely getting closer to the finish line.

Awesome! I’m happy with the ACI equipment I did have a few errors that were self inflicted but overall the products are solid their fan with controller combo is the standard for me now.
Get the WiFi controller
And the 4 in fan I recommend only using as an intake to a tent with a bigger exhaust.
It BARELY moves enough air to keep my 2x3 in range.

But looking good so far can’t wait to see the buds!

Hey everyone! Happy Monday to all, and I hope it was a great weekend for everyone. This is more of a picture update than anything else. We're now 14 days into flower for all 3 plants and it's certainly showing. They've stretched quite a bit over the last two weeks and are starting to build up their fuzzy little hats. Love to see it.

The AP is needing watered every 2 days now, and I know we're going to get to a point where it requires water every day. As for the blueberries, they're going through over 1/4 gallon a day. If I water 1/2 gallon per plant, on day 3 they require another 1/2 gallon. I think I'll wait another week or several days before I start going 3/4 gallon each per watering/feeding just so I can have a bit more time between actions.

All the pics are labeled so there isn't much to be said about what you're about to see. Everything looks beautiful from my end. The AP was dealing with some curled/claw leaves on around 60% of her a week or so, so I made absolute sure she's receiving water when she needs it but I also turned down that tower fan in the corner. I noticed most of the leaves that are in contact with the air from that fan are curled, so turning it down has allowed her to recover the curl and the leaves are looking much better. I think it was a combo of too much wind and getting too dry between waterings. Now that that has been solved, we're smooth sailing.

Thanks for stopping by and checking in on this grow! There have definitely been bumps in the road but with you're help we've gotten them here so far, and I'm super excited to get this grow finished out!

Hello everyone, and happy middle of the week! Today was feeding day for all 3 plants, they all got week 6 on the FF schedule. I'm keeping them a week behind on the nute schedule on purpose because the schedule only has 8 weeks to move through the various powders and supplemental bottled nutes and both of these are 9 week strains (I'm planning on 10 weeks, though, as it seems most flowering estimates are a week too short.)

The blueberries received an entire gallon of feed as they're now powering through a 1/2 gallon every 1.5 days. The full res should give me at least 3 days before they need anything further. The AP is down to needing inputs every other day, and will soon go to needing watered/fed every day. Not quite there yet though.

The development has been blowing my mind, though. I went back through my first journal of the Blue Dream and had the same development on that plant 3+ weeks into flip, whereas here I'm seeing it at week 2. Very cool to see, and I'm getting really excited at how all this is going now. I can't really tell right now if the stretch is slowing, but I suspect (and hope!) it'll be done by next Monday. Every bud site is bulking up now and I'm super curious to see how the stacking goes, especially with the 3 soluble powders from FF. I've heard good stuff about them and so far whatever it is I'm giving them is certainly working.

On that last picture above, do you see the tallest cola on the right hand side? It looks like it's above the temp probe, but it's not (it's just the angle of the dangle, eh?) it's at the same height. However, that cola is significantly taller than the other ones. Any ideas on how to get that to slow down without laying it down sideways? I believe @Light Addict has said in the past they squeeze the stem to soften up the internals, but don't lay it over and don't over-do the squeeze. This forces the plant to repair that stem and will slow the upward growth, allowing the stuff around it to catch up. Is that correct? How does everyone handle a wild stem like that without super cropping?

Thanks for dropping by and checking out the progress!

Hello everyone, and happy middle of the week! Today was feeding day for all 3 plants, they all got week 6 on the FF schedule. I'm keeping them a week behind on the nute schedule on purpose because the schedule only has 8 weeks to move through the various powders and supplemental bottled nutes and both of these are 9 week strains (I'm planning on 10 weeks, though, as it seems most flowering estimates are a week too short.)

The blueberries received an entire gallon of feed as they're now powering through a 1/2 gallon every 1.5 days. The full res should give me at least 3 days before they need anything further. The AP is down to needing inputs every other day, and will soon go to needing watered/fed every day. Not quite there yet though.

The development has been blowing my mind, though. I went back through my first journal of the Blue Dream and had the same development on that plant 3+ weeks into flip, whereas here I'm seeing it at week 2. Very cool to see, and I'm getting really excited at how all this is going now. I can't really tell right now if the stretch is slowing, but I suspect (and hope!) it'll be done by next Monday. Every bud site is bulking up now and I'm super curious to see how the stacking goes, especially with the 3 soluble powders from FF. I've heard good stuff about them and so far whatever it is I'm giving them is certainly working.

On that last picture above, do you see the tallest cola on the right hand side? It looks like it's above the temp probe, but it's not (it's just the angle of the dangle, eh?) it's at the same height. However, that cola is significantly taller than the other ones. Any ideas on how to get that to slow down without laying it down sideways? I believe @Light Addict has said in the past they squeeze the stem to soften up the internals, but don't lay it over and don't over-do the squeeze. This forces the plant to repair that stem and will slow the upward growth, allowing the stuff around it to catch up. Is that correct? How does everyone handle a wild stem like that without super cropping?

Thanks for dropping by and checking out the progress!
I wouldn’t mess with them in flower! That’s me though. :hookah: Ward

I wouldn’t mess with them in flower! That’s me though. :hookah: Ward

Thanks for replying Northward, and welcome in! I think you're right. When I saw the massaging the stem thing I thought it'd be best to do in veg and not in flower, especially almost 3 weeks into it.

I certainly don't want to jeopardize a giant cola, so unless I run out of head room and am forced to super crop, I won't touch them. In fact, I'm ordering some stakes tomorrow because that particular cola is starting to lean...and we aren't even 1/3rd of the way through flower yet! Knock on wood, but I'm forseeing some monsters towards the end. Let's all hope, anyway!

I'm keeping them a week behind on the nute schedule on purpose because the schedule only has 8 weeks to move through the various powders and supplemental bottled nutes and both of these are 9 week strains (I'm planning on 10 weeks, though, as it seems most flowering estimates are a week too short.)
What wouldn't you just continue the last week's nute schedule for an extra week or two at the end?

I'd be concerned with not keeping up with the normal flowering progression always being a week behind.

What wouldn't you just continue the last week's nute schedule for an extra week or two at the end?

I'd be concerned with not keeping up with the normal flowering progression always being a week behind.

This is where my inexperience comes in...but I justified it because the powdered products list 'when' in the cycle you should be applying them.

Open Sesame: "designed for use during the early weeks of flowering"
Beastie Bloomz: "support blossom development during mid to late flowering"
Cha Ching: "designed to help support late stage fruiting processes"

And here's the schedule:

1679591992362.png

Just looking at the powders by themselves at the bottom of the chart, I didn't want to provide those products until the plants were in the stage mentioned in the instructions. I was assuming there may be harm done if trying to give those nutes too early.

Should I just maintain the nute schedule then? They got week 6 yesterday, and I can give them week 7 this weekend when they need it. Next Monday will be 3 weeks since flip, which would put them on week 8 on the schedule to be back on track.

Back
Top Bottom