Alaskan Purple In DWC & Super Soil

9/14 (48)

This grow has produced one surprise after another. The latest involves my "Rusty Leaf" plant. If you have been following this journal you may recall that early on, one of my Alaskan Purples had a serious deficiency (calcium, I believe). She was nurtured back to health with Advance Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra. At the time, I had doubts that she would have time to recover because autos have so little time to do what they do.

Well, now Rusty Leaf is the biggest plant in the tent. She's not as far along flowering-wise as the other 3 plants, but she has surpassed them all in height and girth.

The breeder says these plants mature in about 8 weeks, so I'm thinking about 10 weeks (70 days). This being day 48, she has about 3 more weeks to really start popping. Or maybe I'll get lucky and she will keep maturing past the 70 day mark. It will be interesting to see. I have posted a pic to show her growth. She's the one in the back on the left.

P1020519.JPG

These two pics are meant to show her development vs. the others.

P1020521.JPG P1020518.JPG

Later!

Figure 70 days after first seeing sex. Most of my autos run 90-100 days total.
I kinda' hope these run a little long, @Rifleman. But I'm nearing the end of my stash, so not too long! :yummy:

I just read a post about how different phenotypes from the same strain can produce different looking plants and plants with different maturity periods. I wonder if my Rusty Leaf plant is something different. With its light green leaves it doesn't look like the others, and its way taller than the others and still stretching. Maybe it will grow for more days than the others, too! I'm hoping that's the case.

9/16/19(50)

Time to flush and feed the DWC plants again. (I did this on 9/8 as well.)

I was surprised that the PPM on these plants dropped so quickly. The day before yesterday they were all around 5.9. But as you can see below they all had tanked by today.

This time I'm upping the nutrients to a level slightly less than 3/4 what the manufacturer recommends and I'm cutting the CalMag dosage by half.

Used Water

#1 PH 4.8 PPM 277
#2 PH 4.8 PPM 326
#3 PH 4.9 PPM 261

New Dosage

CalMag 4ml
Macro 10
Grow 10
Bloom 10
Terpinator 10
Hydroguard 6

#1 PH 5.7 PPM 332
#2 PH 5.7 PPM 352
#3 PH 5.7 PPM 358

No pics today. They still look about the same as before. The Rusty Leaf plant is still stretching like crazy and I'm just watching and wondering.

Later!

9/22 (56)

It's day 56 and 2 of the DWC plants are developing nicely. I am now convinced that my 3rd DWC plant, the "Rusty Leaf" plant, is not the same strain as the others. It just looks so different that I think my seedbank must have made a mistake. The soil plant is producing buds as well, but they are not nearly has hefty looking as the DWC buds. I think I may have been under-watering the soil plant. I usually give her a gallon of water every 2-3 days depending on how heavy the pot feels and how dry the soil feels. Some of her leaves look pretty cruddy though, like she hasn't liked something about the way she's been treated.

Here are some pics. The light green plant is the stranger.

P1020544.JPG

P1020545.JPG

P1020543.JPG

Later!

I always water to runoff with soil and ProMix when they get light. I've never done light waterings.
Thanks, IntheShed! I suspected I was underwatering.

Hey GDB, gonna pull up a bean bag and enjoy the show if you don't mind.
Welcome in Van Stank. As a soil grower, maybe you can help me bring my soil plant in! I'm kinda lost with the soil plant when it doesn't act right.

Looks like that philcon 3000 watt cob is doing the job ! Nice beefy buds !
West Hippie, its doing a much better job than my previous lights!

Thanks, Rifleman. What are you doing now, outdoors?

Running out is what I'm doing.:thedoubletake: Certain factors have me unable to grow until later this year.:(
It appears if all goes well I'll have a good(?) 4 weeks of tolerance reset before I harvest another crop. :eek:

Running out is what I'm doing.:thedoubletake: Certain factors have me unable to grow until later this year.:(
It appears if all goes well I'll have a good(?) 4 weeks of tolerance reset before I harvest another crop. :eek:
"Tolerance Reset" I don't like the sound of that! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom