Purple Octane S1 DWC vs. Soil

Day 21

image.jpg

Temperature/RH: 82F/60%

Water in DWC: pH 5.8
EC 1200

Water for Soil: pH 6.3
EC 1200

I did a lot of defoliation, fimming, & training to open up lots of bud sites because I will be flipping to flower in the next week or so. When I began training the Peanut Butter Soufflé, she broke where the stem meets the tap root. I trimmed it up to root it again using the simple Kratky Method because I don’t want to lose the plant or the genetics.

Pheno 1
image.jpg

Pheno 2
image.jpg

Pheno 3
image.jpg

Pheno 4
image.jpg

Peanut Butter Soufflé (Clone)
image.jpg

When I began training the Peanut Butter Soufflé, she broke where the stem meets the tap root.
I like to supercrop the branch first before weighting it or tieing it down. That moves the stress point away from the main trunk and out an inch or so on the branch.

I like to supercrop the branch first before weighting it or tieing it down. That moves the stress point away from the main trunk and out an inch or so on the branch.
This plant is remarkable because it was such a robust & healthy pheno that I never expected the tap root to stem section to be so flimsy & weak. I mean she just snapped like nothing.

Day 23
image.jpg

Temperature/RH: 82F/60%

Water in DWC: pH 5.9
EC 1400

Water for Soil: pH 6.2
EC 1400

Pheno 1
image.jpg

Pheno 2
image.jpg

Pheno 3 (will be getting the chop for another plant to take its spot if she doesn’t start to grow because she’s a runt)
image.jpg

Pheno 4
image.jpg

Peanut Butter Soufflé (Clone)
image.jpg

Do you have good luck cloning in a cup of water? For me it always took too long, the plants looked like crap when they finally rooted and I had a hard time transitioning them to soil.
Yeah I always use a cup of water with clone stage nutrients. I also change the water every 3 days so it doesn’t get gross & stagnant. However, it does take a while to root compared to a cloner set up.

Both are my reasons for the two different mediums. I also want to see if there is a difference in nug density when it comes to soil vs. DWC in the end product.
LOL I didn't even know you were doing something similar to me they are looking good 👍, im running 4 SIP's with soil blend and 4 flood and drain buckets controlled via a bell syphon .
Here's the Link to mine if you want a look

Back
Top Bottom