A Small Tribute to a Big Irish Doode

The last Purple Maroc and the shorter GDP S1 are fed now. I put another tsp. of unsulfured molasses in the remaining aerated tea (1-1/2 gallons?) and kept bubbling it to give to the bigger GDP S1 and the Blue Dream tonight. I also put this Chemdawg D BX 3 clone in with this grow (it's the right front plant in this group pic):

0012040.JPG

The tall one is the Purple Maroc (should have topped it):

0051717.JPG

The one in front of it is the GDP S1:

0041819.JPG

I'll get pics up soon to see how the feeding did them.

daily watering has it's pro and cons. It's a PITA but on the other hand you pay closer attention to the ladies :)
What about automating it? I was able to make a little drip system pretty cheaply and easily when I had to go to my father's funeral for a week. Just a thought :)

plants look great my banana lovin' friend. :thumb:

Thanks Sphnx here's the other two first the GDP S1, which looks really good:

019402.JPG

And the Blue Dream, which still needs to be fed the heavy dosage of CaMg+ (which I'm giving all of the plants from now on, by the way):

017511.JPG

Here's a middle Blue Dream bud:

018456.JPG

Here's the whole unit they're in, the GDP S1 being front right, and the BD back left:

015618.JPG

I fed them:

1 gallon of RO water
4 ml of sulfate of potash
4 ml of micronutrients
2 tsp of CaMg+
4 tsp of hydrolyzed fish fertilizer

Each took 1/2 gallon, and I'll repeat this amount and feeding for the other GDP S1 and the Purple Maroc tomorrow.

I'll have to hold off on the other two plants until tomorrow; the pots aren't dry enough. I wanted to end the processed chicken manure part of the teas, but these seem to be pulling up short on N too soon. I'll watch for when they need a feeding again, see how they look, and go with 1/2 cup of it for 4 gallons of tea if the leaves are too yellow or dropping off. I keep worrying that the shorter GDP S1 has mold, but it looks like all frost so far.

Sheesh, you've been growing some spectacular stuff lately, Chimp! :bravo:

That GDP is gorgeous! Couldn't ask for better!

Could you take a picture of the possible mold? Might be able to shed a little insight on it for ya :)

It's at 6 weeks of 12/12, which is about 4-1/2 weeks since the first hairs. It seems too soon for the hairs to start browning. What I don't like is the kinky look to the hairs; it's almost always been from either grey mold or being pollinated every time those hairs kink. But what gives me the creeps when I open the closet every time is the fuzzy look (shorter GDP S1):

0012045.JPG
0022028.JPG
0031948.JPG

There's no other signs of grey mold so far. I'm gonna watch them both close 'cause I'm worried..... :(

It does look like some grey mold :(

Why not drop the humidity if you're getting mold...? Little dehumidifier in the room would work wonders for you man.

Those buds are incredibly frosty man. Well done sir. Well done.:bravo:

Thanks Sphnx.
My humidity is running @ 41%, and I now have to drop the fan speed (79.5 degrees F is under the optimal 82 degree F CO2 absorbtion temp) due to cooler temps in my area. The rH is already going to decrease when I cut the fan speed down to up the temp. I'll run into another whole set of problems from low humidity like excessive transpiration, wilt, etc. I believe I need to keep the rH up higher than the mid-30's or I'll have problems.

Ideal humidity in my opinion is 30-35%. No mold can grow in those conditions.... 41% is high with the lights on... What's it like when the lights are off? 60+?

I just pressed the min/max button back and forth, and the readings go from 28% to 41% rH. I'll hit the reset button when I check it again in a few (I'm adjusting the fan speed now to get the temp up to 82F). I haven't reset that in a while, so the readings are probably off. It was running @ 79.9F and 40% rH when I turned the fan down.

I'd still puff on those frostydense lil-moldy buds though ;) pick the grey shit off and start puffin :)
Those buds are so frosty my friend. I keep comin back to stare, I wish I could click like more than once on a picture... lol

I keep magnifying and I don't see anything but I'm going to keep watching. The times I've gotten grey mold before, it starts out the same. I see leaves in the buds (usually the upper buds) start to yellow, then I pull on them to take them out and I notice they're wet, which leads me to pry the nug apart with my finger. Then I see the brown rot surrounded by the fuzzy looking grey color. If everything was in bigger pots I wouldn't mind going down some, but in 2 gallon pots I don't want them to dry out too quick. It may be the end of my using smaller than 3 gallon pots because I'm running into problems. 2 or 3 of my plants got to 4' tall recently and it gets hard for them in a 2 gallon pot like that.

Back
Top Bottom