A Small Tribute to a Big Irish Doode

Thanks STOP. That GDP's still pushing white hairs out too, so I got longer maybe this one will put on a bit more weight than the other (it's under a 400 watt HPS). I got a feeling that Blue Dream might be the sleeper here. If it weren't folded upward from the Mg deficiency, you could see how frosty the leaves on it are. And It's got a lot of buds on it too :)

If your Blue Dream with the magnesium deficiency has not improved after 2 doses of increased magnesium I would flush your medium with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size.

The problem I know I'm going to have (and it probably relates to this problem also) is that the 2 gallon plastic pot it's in isn't taking up water very well. I'm lucky to get 1/2 gallon to the plant each time. The top of the soil is compacted and when I try to poke holes in it or loosen it up, it's all roots. It takes me 3 pours and about 1/2 hour to get that 1/2 gallon of nutes or water soaked into it, so I'm not sure if it will flush out the right way. I might be able to get away with using 2 gallon pots under the 400 watt HPS (barely), but I can't use them under the 600 watt bulb with some strains anymore because the plant's root system gets too big. It's so close to the end and all the fan leaves are turning canary yellow but I'll maybe give it a try. :)

Oh, PotChimp's unofficial smell report:

Purple Maroc - Fruity and musky equally, but not a strong odor.
GDP S1s - Strong musk with a light sweet smell (neither plant smells like grapes at this point).
Blue Dream - Moderate blueberry smell with about an equal amount of chemical cleaning product smell.

:tokin:

This GDP S1's starting to get a skunky smell to it :)

0022051.JPG
0012070.JPG

Counting the days (8 weeks from first hairs today) Here's the GDP S1:

0031974.JPG
0041850.JPG

The end of this grow is showing me what I'm seeing in a lot of my other plants. K, Mg, and Ca deficiencies. When I get some dough, I'll get liquid kelp (it's OMRI certified too) to correct that and just use heavy CaMg+ feedings from veg on.
I expected this Purple Maroc to go sooner, so I quit feeding a bit early. You can see it too:

0012074.JPG

It did get more purple. Probably from shorting it on N:

0022056.JPG

I'll get pics up of the last two tonight; they look close to the end also.

Wow Chimp, just Wow! :thedoubletake:

That's some of the best I've seen you turn out. How much of it do you think is BID's genetics?

Beautiful plant, man. :love:

That's some of the best I've seen you turn out. How much of it do you think is BID's genetics?

Just the fact that it was me that grew these and most of them are decent looking tells me that in spirit BID is here protecting the plants for me :) Unfortunately, none of his genetics are a part of these 2 GDP plants. I bought 10 reg seeds when GDP came out the first time, grew 6 of them, later grew the other 4, and did a breeding with that group of 4. The female plant I liked the most in the second grow was the one I kept taking a clone from and redoing. BID's thread on how to make and use colloidal silver was where I got the information to self that clone. The S1 seed grow was taken early due to the beginnings of grey mold, and both of these plants I'm about to chop are seeds from that selfing. That's the reason these 2 plants are in this tribute. Expect to see me turn out better regularly, because I think I'm done with the create my own formula mentality for a bit. I'll do it still, but not with whole grows :)

Note: The Purple Maroc and the short GDP S1 are in the dark now. I may chop them soon if the cold in the closet doesn't get them darker purple (aimin' at black on that last one). The other GDP S1 will be going in the dark as soon as the lights come on tonight, which will leave the Blue Dream to go another 1/2 to 1-1/2 weeks, depending. I'll do pics through the stages of chop so you pros can stomp a mudhole in my technique's a$$ and walk it dry ;)

Chop day for the short GDP S1 grown under the 400 watt HPS :) Looks good too:

0012082.JPG
0041856.JPG
0022064.JPG

What I do is cut all the branches off, then cut off the shade leaves (like the ones on these shorter branches):

0051754.JPG

Here's the pile of the branches:

0061543.JPG

Here they are trimmed up :)

0071447.JPG

Man, I hope the reveg takes..... :straightface:

0081330.JPG

Now on the other hand when I went to chop the Purple Maroc, I see this:

0091182.JPG

Back in the dark it goes for probably another 3 or 4 days; I thought this one would be the first to go! I also looked at the tall GDP S1 growing under the 600 watt HPS and saw a little of the same new growth. It stayed in there with the Blue Dream, which is going to end out soon (this week?). Post more pics soon.....

That's some of the best I've seen you turn out.

What he said ^

:blunt:

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats on the Purple Maroc, too - groovy!

Back
Top Bottom